F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas, Prince of Darkness, pays a visit....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Does the infotainment unit show the software version? Will be interesting to see if new arrivals have the software or not.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm not sure if it does but I'll try to take a look. I certainly don't recall seeing anything like that via the standard UI.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:00 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Hi all, just to close the loop - the dealer was able to replicate the issue with the display failure and per the recommendation from Jaguar they installed the new software which apparently resolves the problem. I'll report back if it reoccurs, but fingers are crossed that the new software will address it. I also had a minor issue with a noise coming from the center vent as it raised and lowered, they were able to duplicate that issue too and after firstly trying a software update to address that issue, they ended up replacing the part. I'll look into a battery tender as well, though that hopefully would just be an additional layer of protection if this specific issue was indeed software related.
Resurrecting an old thread here swajames, but I am curious as to whether your blank navigation screen issue was resolved completely and if you know specifically what was done to fix it or any service bulletin details.

My car has been at the dealer the past few days for its first service, a recall fix and the blank screen problem I have been having since delivery. The navigation/infotainment screen works 95% of the time, but every few weeks or so it will not display the touch screen when I start my car. It boots and everything (parking sensors, radio, climate system, etc.) works, but nothing can be controlled. If I drive the car, turn it off, let it sit for a while and restart it, the screen resets and works fine for weeks before going blank again on start up. A minor annoyance and I figured I would have the dealer correct it during this first service.

After two days and numerous apologies, the technician was unable to duplicate the issue or find any service bulletins related to my car and I took it home tonight. I plan to go directly to the dealer the next time it happens so they can see it first hand.

Anyone else had this problem and know the specific fix?

Old 04-16-2015, 09:47 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
Resurrecting an old thread here swajames, but I am curious as to whether your blank navigation screen issue was resolved completely and if you know specifically what was done to fix it or any service bulletin details.

My car has been at the dealer the past few days for its first service, a recall fix and the blank screen problem I have been having since delivery. The navigation/infotainment screen works 95% of the time, but every few weeks or so it will not display the touch screen when I start my car. It boots and everything (parking sensors, radio, climate system, etc.) works, but nothing can be controlled. If I drive the car, turn it off, let it sit for a while and restart it, the screen resets and works fine for weeks before going blank again on start up. A minor annoyance and I figured I would have the dealer correct it during this first service.

After two days and numerous apologies, the technician was unable to duplicate the issue or find any service bulletins related to my car and I took it home tonight. I plan to go directly to the dealer the next time it happens so they can see it first hand.

Anyone else had this problem and know the specific fix?
Hi. My issue was resolved completely and I believe it was a software update only that fixed it. Are you using the dealer in San Jose? If so you can ask them to look up my service history as the fix was detailed there. Otherwise you can ask your dealer to call mine and have them look up my VIN to get the details. PM me if you want the details to share with the dealer.

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
jmfan (04-16-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

I sold my Triumph TR6 to make way for the F-Type (wife says one sports car at a time). I am happy to see the nav display problem resolved with a software fix since I gave my last bottle of Lucas Replacement Smoke to the new owner of the TR6, not expecting I'd need it with the F-Type.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
The Patron Saint of English cars stopped by during my journey home this evening.... The navigation screen failed to power up upon startup, and steadfastly stayed off and blank for the entire trip home. Needless to say, all worked fine after a restart when I got home, but it was interesting to see that our car pays homage to the old English classics in more ways than one....
Well - as you're aware - letting the smoke escape from any Lucas product will mean it stops working. This sounds more like MicroSoft. If anything stops working, close the windows, shut down the car, get out, get back in, start the car and reopen the windows. Sorted....

Old 04-19-2015, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Well - as you're aware - letting the smoke escape from any Lucas product will mean it stops working. This sounds more like MicroSoft. If anything stops working, close the windows, shut down the car, get out, get back in, start the car and reopen the windows. Sorted....
Even my '02 MINI pays homage to the (not-so) great one. For years, the gauges all go dead, maybe once or twice a week. I smack the dash board and all is right with the universe again.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I always wondered why Lucas never manufactured vacuum cleaners. They needed at least one product that didn't suck.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (04-19-2015)