F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lug Nuts (17 SVR)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:02 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Lug Nuts (17 SVR)

My plan is to add 10mm hub & wheel centric spacers (not adapters) and use extended thread (ET) lug nuts as pictured (black). The issue I have come across is the stock lug nuts (silver) have built in flat washers that engage the wheel. What are my options regarding the lug nuts?

Thanks.
Mike L

Attached Thumbnails Lug Nuts (17 SVR)-lugs.jpg   Lug Nuts (17 SVR)-wheel-1.jpg  
Old 11-21-2017, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,660 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by mlebofsky
My plan is to add 10mm hub & wheel centric spacers (not adapters) and use extended thread (ET) lug nuts as pictured (black). The issue I have come across is the stock lug nuts (silver) have built in flat washers that engage the wheel. What are my options regarding the lug nuts?

Thanks.
Mike L
You have to stick with the mag type flat washer lug nut, but with a longer neck than OEM. The extended thread conical lug nut obviously won't work with the OEM wheels.

By my calculation, the lug nut should have at least 4mm more shoulder than stock to safely accommodate a 10mm spacer.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 AM

Have you seen any mag type flat washer lug nuts with extended necks in our F-type lug size?

Old 11-23-2017, 02:35 PM

Having a problem finding a mag style lug nut with a little longer neck ...

Old 12-06-2017, 07:00 PM

With my 10mm hub and wheel centric spacers and new lug nuts (ebay sold for Toyotas) , I get 6 turns until I am torqued properly. With the stock lug nuts I get 4.5 turns. I think I am good to go. YES ?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

With my 10mm hub and wheel centric spacers and new lug nuts (ebay sold for Toyotas) , I get 6 turns until I am torqued properly. With the stock lug nuts I get 4.5 turns. I think I am good to go. YES ?
More engagement than stock is certainly fine as long as you aren't bottoming out on the rotor. That's the only thing to check. You can probably paint pen the threads to check for this.

I must say its nice to see someone put this much thought into a modification instead of just going for it and potentially paying the price later.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
More engagement than stock is certainly fine as long as you aren't bottoming out on the rotor. That's the only thing to check. You can probably paint pen the threads to check for this.

I must say its nice to see someone put this much thought into a modification instead of just going for it and potentially paying the price later.
Well not exactly. Stock (no spacers) you get many more turns. I meant:
10mm spacer, stock nut= 4.75 turns torqued.
10mm spacer, new nuts=almost 6 turns torqued.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Well not exactly. Stock (no spacers) you get many more turns. I meant:
10mm spacer, stock nut= 4.75 turns torqued.
10mm spacer, new nuts=almost 6 turns torqued.
Ahhhh I see. Certainly not bottoming out on the assembly then. I'd definitely like to see more than 6 turns, but that's probably safe. The torque on these studs isn't extreme, so you wouldn't see any issue there. The extra engagement would be key for shock loading on the stud and that's not something you can really calculate or quantify without knowing a lot more about the materials at hands than we do.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,660 Likes on 3,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen

Your forgetting he added a 10mm spacer, so even with a deeper shaft, he's got 7mm more clearance before the nut would bottom out on the hub.

At 6 turns he doesn't quit have enough thread contact for full strength. Eight turns is the safe bet.

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-07-2017 at 09:40 PM.