Manufacturing and technical information on the New AWD F TYPE R Sport Cats

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 05:22 PM
Sponsor
Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Manufacturing & technical info, New AWD F TYPE R Sport Cats

Roberto,
Here are
answers and information for you, regarding our new Sport Cats.
The Cats we used on the new Sport downpipe kit for the F Type R AWD, are really unique & different from the Sport Cats we used on the RWD model F Type R.
The challenge for the AWD version F Type R is the limited space available on the driver side, due to the presence of the steering column and the front wheel drive shaft. We opted for a special set of 120mm HJS Motorsport Cats, slightly narrower but longer than the 130mm unit, we currently use on the new RWD F Type R Sport Cats, in order to mantain the same converting volume. These SPECIAL HJS Cats are unique and special Proprietary design solely for Supersprint Italy, made to our own specs. No other tuning auto sport business can acquire our proprietary Cats. In particular, these are 100 CPSI Units, made with the same OBD compliant coating as normally found on our HJS SuperSprint 200 CPSI Cats. According to the HJS manufacturer's Tech guys in Germany, these Cats should NOT trigger any Error Code, needing no software tuning /reprogramming of the OEM Emission Control Software, due to their high efficiency. I hope this information helps you and the other F Type message board members. Should you have any other concerns or questions please let me know and I will do my best to address and answer questions.

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-20-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:26 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
Roberto,
Here are
answers and information for you, regarding our new Sport Cats.
The Cats we used on the new Sport downpipe kit for the F Type R AWD, are really unique & different from the Sport Cats we used on the RWD model F Type R.
The challenge for the AWD version F Type R is the limited space available on the driver side, due to the presence of the steering column and the front wheel drive shaft. We opted for a special set of 120mm HJS Motorsport Cats, slightly narrower but longer than the 130mm unit, we currently use on the new RWD F Type R Sport Cats, in order to mantain the same converting volume. These SPECIAL HJS Cats are unique and special Proprietary design solely for Supersprint Italy, made to our own specs. No other tuning auto sport business can acquire our proprietary Cats. In particular, these are 100 CPSI Units, made with the same OBD compliant coating as normally found on our HJS SuperSprint 200 CPSI Cats. According to the HJS manufacturer's Tech guys in Germany, these Cats should NOT trigger any Error Code, needing no software tuning /reprogramming of the OEM Emission Control Software, due to their high efficiency. I hope this information helps you and the other F Type message board members. Should you have any other concerns or questions please let me know and I will do my best to address and answer questions.
Hi, thanks for this. Just to be clear, as I'm in the market for one of these and concerned about the CEL, if these are installed the car check engine lights for emissions efficiency will not be triggered? Have you tested this in practice? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Sponsor

Attn: ZerO...

I have reached out to the owner of the company for additional information and to provide the most accurate information for you and everyone else on this message board.
Please stay tuned. I'll provide the reply information as soon as I get it from the owner.
Thank you...
Roberto.

The following users liked this post:
Turko (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 04:33 PM
Sponsor
Default Information from the owner of SuperSprint

Message 1

Roberto,
We created this particular Sport Cat, by acquiring the factory OEM F Type R Cats from a 2016 model car, belonging to message board member, "TheRock88".
We did not have access to a donor car to independently perform a test pertaining to the CEL light being triggered from the car's O2 sensor.
When we created the RWD version Sport Cats, we had in our possession a 2015 F Type R sports car for almost one month to do R & D and develop the Sport Cats for said vehicle. The owner already had his car tuned due to the fact he had " different brand" Sport Cats and exhaust muffler installed onto his car. This "other" Sport Cat has a totally different design, completely different from our proprietary F Type R Sport Cat. The owner had to install an aftermarket software tune in the engine, to turn off his CEL light on the car's dashboard. He was not pleased with the change in the car's exhaust sound due to droning tone with raspy sound coming from the exhaust. For this specific reason, he surrendered his car to our R&D fabrication shop for one month so we can create a new Sport Cat and also create our version of the exhaust muffler without the unpleasant drowning raspy sound coming from the exhaust. This was the circumstance, that allowed us to develop the newly developed Sports Cats and exhaust muffler for the F-Type R sports car. We created the new F Type R exhaust muffler and RWD version Sport Cats which eliminated any droning sound and or raspy tone coming from his new exhaust system.
This was not the case when creating the new AWD version of the F Type R Sport Cats. We used
"The Rock88" original factory Cats, as a template to fabricate our version of the 2016 to Present, F Type R Sport Cats. We know from our computer design program, it's a perfect fit on AWD model cars, without having the actual car in our
R & D shop. We are basing our information on a few things, recently we did a full exhaust system upgrade for the Range Rover V8 supercharged model, which included our Sport Cats, midpipes and exhaust muffler. Our exhaust system did not trigger the vehicles check engine light, CEL to turn on. We also spoke with our partners in Germany, speaking with the engineers about the SuperSprint design with the proprietary elements, to make our Sport Cats. The HJS technical guys believe the CEL light will not be triggered. This is the best answer I can provide you at this time. I know you were hoping we had an actual car at our
R & D shop, 2016 to present model, but it is very difficult to find the V8 models here in Europe and even more difficult to have the owner leave his car with us for 3 to 4 weeks. What I can tell you is, this new AWD version Sport Cats are currently in transit via DHL to one of your message board members in the United States. He is located on the Northern East Coast region of the country. He will receive the Sport Cats. His car is however currently in winter storage, due to the cold inclement weather. His car has not been tuned. It is a virgin with respect to tuning.
It is in the original OEM condition, so when the Sport Cats are actually installed, a conclusive answer can be provided to everyone else on the message board.

Message 2

Hello again Roberto.
In most of the cases, it's literally impossible predicting whether the error code will be triggered. The HJS expert emissions tech specislists themselves, always do a trial and error, testing procedure, on each of the individual car models. In the past they always recommended 200 CPSI Cats, since the OBD was introduced. However, some specific models, regardless of the brand, would still throw a fault code, due to the extremely sensitive setup/threshold set by the car factory. We at Supersprint always opted for 100 CPSI, in order to get the Maximum Flow and the Most Performance Gains. We relied on the required & specified OBD coating, which is made by HJS, upon our own demand and specifications, solely for SuperSprint Italy. In a few cases, certain car models of the latest generation, we went with 200 CPSI, knowing and accepting some compromise, in terms of exhaust flow, for the sake of emission compliancy factor. Yet in few cases, 200 CPSI would still throw the emmision codes. HJS in the meantime, has developed and produced a lineup of 300CPSI Sport downpipe/cats, which they claim, will take care of any emmision error code. This item is exactly the same product line that is rebranded and sold by other well known exhaust makers and auto sport businesses.
However the folks at HJS admittedly, left some HP potential on the table. We at Supersprint, still use 100 CPSI Cats as our primary choice, since Maximum Performance is still our Main Goal !
We are well aware that potential error codes might occur, but based on our trial & test record's, this is a RARE OCCURRENCE. As I had previously stated, when we did the full exhaust system including Sport Cats on the Range Rover 5.0L Supercharged engine, we only experienced an error on "the Euro spec" model, since it's now equipped with GPF filter on the new RR Sport. Other RR Sport SUV were without issue. This being said, I cannot confirm that you won't get an emission related CEL error code being triggered on the US - spec F type R. I would love to confirm this and give you some peace of mind, but given the lack of long term testing done in our R & D facility and fabrication factory in Italy, this is just not possible to say 100% it will not activate the CEL light. In conclusion, we've done testing in evaluation on Range Rover product line, specifically the Range Rover Sport SUV with the V8 supercharged engine and it did not trigger any error codes after installing the Super Sprint Sport Cats and exhaust muffler as a complete set. It's best for the customer located in the United States to have the Sport Cats installed when he takes the car out from winter storage and report back to the members of the F Type message board. This is the best suggestion I can recommend for everyone.

Any other questions please do ask. Thank you.
Roberto

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 02-21-2022 at 04:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Supersprint Sport Exhausts:
DJS (02-21-2022), Turko (02-21-2022), Zer0 (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 06:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersprint Sport Exhausts
Message 1

Roberto,
We created this particular Sport Cat, by acquiring the factory OEM F Type R Cats from a 2016 model car, belonging to message board member, "TheRock88".
We did not have access to a donor car to independently perform a test pertaining to the CEL light being triggered from the car's O2 sensor.
When we created the RWD version Sport Cats, we had in our possession a 2015 F Type R sports car for almost one month to do R & D and develop the Sport Cats for said vehicle. The owner already had his car tuned due to the fact he had " different brand" Sport Cats and exhaust muffler installed onto his car. This "other" Sport Cat has a totally different design, completely different from our proprietary F Type R Sport Cat. The owner had to install an aftermarket software tune in the engine, to turn off his CEL light on the car's dashboard. He was not pleased with the change in the car's exhaust sound due to droning tone with raspy sound coming from the exhaust. For this specific reason, he surrendered his car to our R&D fabrication shop for one month so we can create a new Sport Cat and also create our version of the exhaust muffler without the unpleasant drowning raspy sound coming from the exhaust. This was the circumstance, that allowed us to develop the newly developed Sports Cats and exhaust muffler for the F-Type R sports car. We created the new F Type R exhaust muffler and RWD version Sport Cats which eliminated any droning sound and or raspy tone coming from his new exhaust system.
This was not the case when creating the new AWD version of the F Type R Sport Cats. We used
"The Rock88" original factory Cats, as a template to fabricate our version of the 2016 to Present, F Type R Sport Cats. We know from our computer design program, it's a perfect fit on AWD model cars, without having the actual car in our
R & D shop. We are basing our information on a few things, recently we did a full exhaust system upgrade for the Range Rover V8 supercharged model, which included our Sport Cats, midpipes and exhaust muffler. Our exhaust system did not trigger the vehicles check engine light, CEL to turn on. We also spoke with our partners in Germany, speaking with the engineers about the SuperSprint design with the proprietary elements, to make our Sport Cats. The HJS technical guys believe the CEL light will not be triggered. This is the best answer I can provide you at this time. I know you were hoping we had an actual car at our
R & D shop, 2016 to present model, but it is very difficult to find the V8 models here in Europe and even more difficult to have the owner leave his car with us for 3 to 4 weeks. What I can tell you is, this new AWD version Sport Cats are currently in transit via DHL to one of your message board members in the United States. He is located on the Northern East Coast region of the country. He will receive the Sport Cats. His car is however currently in winter storage, due to the cold inclement weather. His car has not been tuned. It is a virgin with respect to tuning.
It is in the original OEM condition, so when the Sport Cats are actually installed, a conclusive answer can be provided to everyone else on the message board.

Message 2

Hello again Roberto.
In most of the cases, it's literally impossible predicting whether the error code will be triggered. The HJS expert emissions tech specislists themselves, always do a trial and error, testing procedure, on each of the individual car models. In the past they always recommended 200 CPSI Cats, since the OBD was introduced. However, some specific models, regardless of the brand, would still throw a fault code, due to the extremely sensitive setup/threshold set by the car factory. We at Supersprint always opted for 100 CPSI, in order to get the Maximum Flow and the Most Performance Gains. We relied on the required & specified OBD coating, which is made by HJS, upon our own demand and specifications, solely for SuperSprint Italy. In a few cases, certain car models of the latest generation, we went with 200 CPSI, knowing and accepting some compromise, in terms of exhaust flow, for the sake of emission compliancy factor. Yet in few cases, 200 CPSI would still throw the emmision codes. HJS in the meantime, has developed and produced a lineup of 300CPSI Sport downpipe/cats, which they claim, will take care of any emmision error code. This item is exactly the same product line that is rebranded and sold by other well known exhaust makers and auto sport businesses.
However the folks at HJS admittedly, left some HP potential on the table. We at Supersprint, still use 100 CPSI Cats as our primary choice, since Maximum Performance is still our Main Goal !
We are well aware that potential error codes might occur, but based on our trial & test record's, this is a RARE OCCURRENCE. As I had previously stated, when we did the full exhaust system including Sport Cats on the Range Rover 5.0L Supercharged engine, we only experienced an error on "the Euro spec" model, since it's now equipped with GPF filter on the new RR Sport. Other RR Sport SUV were without issue. This being said, I cannot confirm that you won't get an emission related CEL error code being triggered on the US - spec F type R. I would love to confirm this and give you some peace of mind, but given the lack of long term testing done in our R & D facility and fabrication factory in Italy, this is just not possible to say 100% it will not activate the CEL light. In conclusion, we've done testing in evaluation on Range Rover product line, specifically the Range Rover Sport SUV with the V8 supercharged engine and it did not trigger any error codes after installing the Super Sprint Sport Cats and exhaust muffler as a complete set. It's best for the customer located in the United States to have the Sport Cats installed when he takes the car out from winter storage and report back to the members of the F Type message board. This is the best suggestion I can recommend for everyone.

Any other questions please do ask. Thank you.
Roberto
Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll wait to hear feedback as recommended.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zer0:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (02-21-2022), Turko (02-21-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 10:38 AM
Sponsor
Default ZerO ......

Attn: ZerO and other message board members....

It's no trouble to give you the posted information. For more than 60 years, SuperSprint Italy has been striving to provide, honest, accurate, reliable information pertaining to our products, along with our service, designing and creating the very Best Quality exhaust system by expert fabricators, for you, the customer.
Thank you.
Roberto.