F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it me or do all the luxury maker's cars look like F-Types?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

I had an XKR. To my mind it looked pretty similar to a DB9. I thought the 2011 versions and onward (with the LEDs in the headlights) were the prettiest. Mine was the 2011 but pre-facelift. It would get confused for an aston or a maserati, whereas the F Type only really gets confused for a ferrari.

Personally I thought they were as pretty as the F Type, but I would be very much in the minority. The amount of looks, photos, videos etc that my F Type gets would be 20 times more than the XKR, seriously. The colour (silver for the XKR, IRR for the F Type) probably has a bit to do with that.

Old 06-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Believe it or not

Although I love both my F-TypeR and F-Pace, I must admit that I noticed not a lot of them on the road, although the pace is showing signs of increasing. I did notice that the Mazda SUV is very similar in the SUV and I need to look twice sometimes "thrice" to notice that it is a Mazda. I know that this is ridiculous but what I see.

As for the other cars, I find the most ridiculous lines, and the absurd lighting on some of them that when I drive behind I say to my wife.....don't those light look like *$&%, don't this lights look ridiculous (especially the new Volvos). I think that the Lexus fronts look like Railroad Engine "Ice/Snow" breakers in the mountains, with all of the diamond like angles and size of the snoot. Does nothing for me. The new Lexus did capture my attention, but then again I thought of my F-Type and said.....oh well, that is so much better and why try to get drawn into a "me too" product, when you have what you considerer perfection in both the F-Type and the F-Pace. I love both cars. This is the first time since I have been purchasing cars that I can say, it would take a lot to get me to switch gears (pun intended), and there is nothing within my willingness to spend hard earned money on that appeals to me. The closest, yet no cigar is the new BMW Hybrid Sport, but too much $, and my non willingness to spend it.

Signed,
Sticking to my two Jags in New Jersey!!! :-)