F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meridian Infotainment Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meridian Infotainment Gremlin

I have a 2015 F Type that I absolutely love. Just recently I was out and tried to search an address only to see Navigation initializing (or whatever it said). In the meantime I turned on the radio to play "My Music". The screen showed the Artist and the song but also showed pause...which I've never seen before. I hit play and nothing happened. Eventually the screen wouldn't even allow me to access "My Music". Navigation is still initializing... *-*. I did my research, Checked all fuses, tried suggested resets and disconnected battery ground, Nothing. Even resorted to calling 2 local Jaguar dealers who wouldn't so much as return my call. Any idea what my options are here? Thank you

Old 12-10-2022, 04:11 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the same problem right now. If you check carefully, you should see that your sensors no longer emit sounds either. They show up on the screen with your backup camera for example but will be silent.
It happened to me 3 times. The first, the whole system came back on it's own.
After analysing the problem, I found that some sort of short must have happend and the car's computer shut down the "Most network". That has everything to do with telecomunication and sound. You should not be able to connect your phone either.
The second time was after a huge storm in Corpus Christi. But that time when it tried to start again, I heard a big boom in the speakers. That was the amplifier comitting suicide.
After replacement and reset of the most network by the dealer, eveything was back to normal and remained that way for a year.
Last week, it happened again. I see no leaks, no apparent shorts anywhere. I'm still hunting for the cause.

Old 12-10-2022, 04:15 PM

Thank you Paul. I vaguely remember hearing some cracking in the speakers as well. From what I've learned so far, there doesn't seem to be a reset, upgrade or replacement available. I'd like to eliminate the whole system and go with a new head unit but nothing on the market.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:23 PM

Actually the whole Most network has to be reset. And so far, I have only found Jaguar dealerships that can do it. I hope that independant shops that specialize in European cars also have the equipment to do it as well.
But, I have to find the cause first.

The manual lists a series of diagnostics to pin point a fault on that network. It has to go through each and every component in the network. That includes sensors, navigation, intertainment etc.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:03 PM

Well I guess we'll see where this takes me. But again, the fact that both Dealerships I've contacted have not even so much as returned my call already gives me a lump in my gut. Thanx again. I'll let you know what I find

Old 12-11-2022, 06:33 PM

I would appreciate that.
Thanks