F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meridian Surround System Currently Unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 03:41 PM
Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Agreed. The base is the Meridian. There is option to upgrade to the more powerful meridian surround for about $800 I think it is.
The post about lack of availability was last summer. I think the chip shortage issues are long since passed on that equipment. Looks like it's possible to order the surround option now.
It is not possible. Certainly not in Canada. A dealer told me this just days ago. I hope you're right. I have asked him to inquire about the status of things, find out if it is expected to change any time soon, etc...

Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 441 Likes on 389 Posts

I'd love to know what others are hearing. Seems to be all over the place. It is on the online configuration tool, but I saw someone on a Range Rover forum saying it wasn't possible to get the upgraded one until likely 2024. But also saw someone with an F Pace SVR bought last month with upgraded. meridian surround. And someone else saying even the base Meridian wasn't available and they got it with an 'unbranded' amp. Seems v unclear what the status is...

Old 02-05-2023, 08:41 PM
Received 447 Likes on 241 Posts

I'd love to know what others are hearing. Seems to be all over the place. It is on the online configuration tool, but I saw someone on a Range Rover forum saying it wasn't possible to get the upgraded one until likely 2024. But also saw someone with an F Pace SVR bought last month with upgraded. meridian surround. And someone else saying even the base Meridian wasn't available and they got it with an 'unbranded' amp. Seems v unclear what the status is...
As I mentioned, I bought a '23 F-Type with the 770W Surround system in November 2023. However, as you can see from the first post in this thread, I ordered it at the end of August 2022. The order had been put in by the dealer in early August and that was around the time they stopped ordering them with the 770W because of the shortage. So there will be quite a few cars on the ground for sale now that were ordered then (and before) and built in the fall (mine has an Oct 2022 build date). I'm guessing any orders from Sep 2022 on don't have the 770W upgrade, but I'm sure you can go online to the inventory and find one today that has it simply because it was ordered/built before Sep 2022.

Old 02-05-2023, 10:47 PM

I just built an F-type R on both the Canadian and US Jag websites. Neither configurator allowed for selection of the higher end 770 Meridian. Only the base system is shown in the spec list once you build.

What configurator are you referring to?

Old 02-06-2023, 05:28 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

I'vre read somewhere Jaguar is going with a different audio supplier in future (can't recall whom, though, anyone?) so maybe they're just running down existing stocks.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 441 Likes on 389 Posts

Yes. You are right. It appears that it's no longer an option on the F Type. If you go online and build an F Pace it still shows Meridian surround as an $800 option. But not on the f type

Old 02-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll repeat what I posted in the other thread.

I emailed my local jaguar dealer today and they sent me the product sheet. The default is the Meridian Sound System and the surround sound is $1,050 CAD extra on all models. I have the Canadian product sheet, not sure if it will vary in other countries. The product sheet was released this past December.

Old 02-15-2023, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by PotholeAvenger
I'll repeat what I posted in the other thread.

I emailed my local jaguar dealer today and they sent me the product sheet. The default is the Meridian Sound System and the surround sound is $1,050 CAD extra on all models. I have the Canadian product sheet, not sure if it will vary in other countries. The product sheet was released this past December.
Yeah, unfortunately you're looking at a price on a page that would be what you would pay IF it was actually available. I just received info from the dealer I'm dealing with yesterday. I had asked them to confirm for certain whether there was any chance the surround version would become available. They reached out to Jag headquarters for me and the information given is that, for the model 2024 year, it will not be available. It is possible that this could change, but as of right now the official word is that it is NOT available for order on a new car.

Ask your salesman. If you hear differently PLEASE let me know.

Old 02-15-2023, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by DMeister
Yeah, unfortunately you're looking at a price on a page that would be what you would pay IF it was actually available. I just received info from the dealer I'm dealing with yesterday. I had asked them to confirm for certain whether there was any chance the surround version would become available. They reached out to Jag headquarters for me and the information given is that, for the model 2024 year, it will not be available. It is possible that this could change, but as of right now the official word is that it is NOT available for order on a new car.

I sent out an email, let's see what they say. I would be really disappointment if that's the case. A decent stereo is one of the only things I care about in the interior of a car.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:28 AM

You were correct. It's on the Product Sheet but the sales manager just confirmed that the updated surround sound system is not available on the 2024 models due to chip shortages. wtf

Old 02-16-2023, 12:21 PM

You were correct. It's on the Product Sheet but the sales manager just confirmed that the updated surround sound system is not available on the 2024 models due to chip shortages. wtf
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well but there is so much of this shortage stuff going out there these days. It's not all that surprising. If possible I too would tick that box. I'm going coupe. I suspect it would be a bit more concerning for a convertible situation perhaps? Not sure.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:03 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well but there is so much of this shortage stuff going out there these days. It's not all that surprising. If possible I too would tick that box. I'm going coupe. I suspect it would be a bit more concerning for a convertible situation perhaps? Not sure.
There's only a few interior options I care about, it's somewhat comfortable seats and an decent sound system with responsive interface. If we're still missing surround systems now I'm guessing the 2023 didn't come with it either because the shortages were worse then. I'm checking out 2023's but these dealers do a horrible job of listing which options are on their listed cars.

Old 02-16-2023, 01:44 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

If we're still missing surround systems now I'm guessing the 2023 didn't come with it either because the shortages were worse then. I'm checking out 2023's but these dealers do a horrible job of listing which options are on their listed cars.
It all depends on the specific part. Could have been available then and not now.

Old 02-16-2023, 05:29 PM
Received 447 Likes on 241 Posts

There's only a few interior options I care about, it's somewhat comfortable seats and an decent sound system with responsive interface. If we're still missing surround systems now I'm guessing the 2023 didn't come with it either because the shortages were worse then. I'm checking out 2023's but these dealers do a horrible job of listing which options are on their listed cars.
They were available on 2023s until September 2022. So any *order* placed after that date won't have the upgraded 770W Surround option. Build dates will vary. Mine was built in Oct 2022 and has the 770W Surround, but only because the order was finalized in Aug 2022 when the Surround was still an option. So you will definitely be able to find brand new 2023s in dealer inventory that have the 770W system. For those in the US, the Jaguar USA site is pretty good about listing all the options in the build/options tab of each car.

Old 02-18-2023, 07:19 AM

Interesting to see the full 770W Surround version in this 2024 F-type...Perhaps they've only shorted us here in NA.

3:40

Old 02-21-2023, 04:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That said, I don't care about the Jag audio system enough to even have an opinion... I think I've listened to it once in six months of ownership.

Last edited by ermandadana; 02-21-2023 at 10:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
scm (02-21-2023)