Old 10-16-2020, 10:47 AM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Any Draggy updates?

Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Any Draggy updates?
Hey there! I am out of town right now....I tried a few quick ones before I left, and consistently low 3's, but I get a ton of spin...I will have to get some new tires to get some grip!
More to come...

DC

The following users liked this post:
madmax1911 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 06:48 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Any issue with overtaxing the windshield washer transfer pump, DC? I plan on installing a similar system early spring. Thanks.8.5.2

Old 10-26-2020, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TM1238
Any issue with overtaxing the windshield washer transfer pump, DC? I plan on installing a similar system in early spring. Thanks.8.5.2
Hi...So far, so good! No issues. I imagine it would also depend heavily on how you drive, and how you set up your spray strategy (i.e. Start spraying at high boost, or lower boost will use less or more, respectively).

For my use, which is straight-line sprints... no issues. I have it start spraying at ~ 40% throttle and max at 90% throttle BTW. Rough math here for you... I have two DO3 nozzles that spray 370ML per minute/each. So each minute at full spray,
I am using ~740 ML per minute. The front tank has at least 1 liter in it normally...So I have almost 1 1/2 minutes (82 seconds actually)of constant spraying at 100% spray / full throttle (and it starts being refilled by the rear tank and, takes about 10 seconds, so you actually have more time to empty).

For context at full throttle, I do 0-60 in low 3 seconds. Quarter mile at around 11 secs and ~120MPH...So that is after only 11 seconds! Imagine when you would keep it full throttle for ~1 1/2 minutes??...would be doing 960 mph...haha

So I think it is fine as is. You could also run the hose all the way to the rear tank...or install the tank that comes with the system...But I truly do not see a need.

Hope that helps. And for the accountants/engineers/scientists on here...I know my numbers are not exact or 100% correct! I am giving directional guidance, and they are close! Except for the 960 MPH comment...

DC

datriani (12-09-2021)
Old 10-26-2020, 09:38 AM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

''For my use, which is straight-line sprints... no issues.'' - THEROCK88

What do you mean by that ... That never happens to me...

Therock88 (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 01:58 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Hi...So far, so good! No issues. I imagine it would also depend heavily on how you drive, and how you set up your spray strategy (i.e. Start spraying at high boost, or lower boost will use less or more, respectively).

For my use, which is straight-line sprints... no issues. I have it start spraying at ~ 40% throttle and max at 90% throttle BTW. Rough math here for you... I have two DO3 nozzles that spray 370ML per minute/each. So each minute at full spray,
I am using ~740 ML per minute. The front tank has at least 1 liter in it normally...So I have almost 1 1/2 minutes (82 seconds actually)of constant spraying at 100% spray / full throttle (and it starts being refilled by the rear tank and, takes about 10 seconds, so you actually have more time to empty).

For context at full throttle, I do 0-60 in low 3 seconds. Quarter mile at around 11 secs and ~120MPH...So that is after only 11 seconds! Imagine when you would keep it full throttle for ~1 1/2 minutes??...would be doing 960 mph...haha

So I think it is fine as is. You could also run the hose all the way to the rear tank...or install the tank that comes with the system...But I truly do not see a need.

Hope that helps. And for the accountants/engineers/scientists on here...I know my numbers are not exact or 100% correct! I am giving directional guidance, and they are close! Except for the 960 MPH comment...

DC
Great news, I'll just use the front tank as well then. It'll save a ton of hassle that getting to the main take would require. Thanks for your write up as well!

Old 10-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TM1238
Great news, I'll just use the front tank as well then. It'll save a ton of hassle that getting to the main take would require. Thanks for your write up as well!
Sure thing. This approach, which took me lots of think time, keeps everything very close, so less fail points! I think I only used a total of about 3 ft of tubing, and only had to extend a few wires in the harness. The pump is nice and safe under the hood and cover, and the controller is safe in the console. Also, very easy to monitor with that spray indicator LED right in the headliner console...

Was also just emailing Chris at VAP and I just ordered their Datalogger. When / if I can drive again (maybe getting snow soon ) I will plan on data logging with/without the Meth/H2O to check cylinders IAT, timing etc....

More to come...May be a while, depending on Mother Nature...

DC

Old 10-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
''For my use, which is straight-line sprints... no issues.'' - THEROCK88

What do you mean by that ... That never happens to me...
Well...It is not nice to call someone a LIAR, but I have seen your YouTube videos....Soooooo?? You have some good 0-60s from what I recall. When the weather gets better AND I get new tires, I am going to try some more runs with my Dragy.

What do you find is the best combo? Traction control on/off, Power Brake or just punch it, paddle shift from 1st gear or let the auto do it, Sport mode shift or normal, Sport mode or normal, etc??

DC

supersportmtl (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 08:21 PM

Well...It is not nice to call someone a LIAR, but I have seen your YouTube videos....Soooooo?? You have some good 0-60s from what I recall. When the weather gets better AND I get new tires, I am going to try some more runs with my Dragy.

What do you find is the best combo? Traction control on/off, Power Brake or just punch it, paddle shift from 1st gear or let the auto do it, Sport mode shift or normal, Sport mode or normal, etc??

DC
I’m still practicing lol Just Punch it with traction in TracDSC and in Sport transmission auto. I’ve ran into traction issues at this point due to tires. Good luck!

Old 10-28-2020, 04:31 PM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by FLRRS
Thanks for taking the time to document and take pictures along the way.

Every time I see a pic with the lid off the upper intake I'm thinking about how to fit a TVS2650 in there.
That may or may not already be a project another in motion..

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

JgaXkr (10-28-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 07:21 PM
Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP

Old 10-28-2020, 08:12 PM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice job. How close to granading the motor are you? Curious, because Im thinking of something like this.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I know you mentioned this effort back in November of 2019 but assumed it was dead due to a year passing with no update.

Could you provide any more information such as where you are in the project, what the current difficulties are, is there a running test mule? The only difference between the TVS1900 and TVS 2650 in specifications is the additional 40mm in length and the discharge port moved the same distance. Are you just modifying the upper lid to fit for the change in dimensions or are you attempting to create a new upper lid with larger heat exchangers installed? Any information would be of great interest to this crowd.

With used F-Types getting very reasonably priced and warranties running out the market should be significant for this.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:06 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for answering my questions during my Methanol install as well Chris. Appreciate it! And I ordered your datalogger as suggested and it will be here Tuesday or so...Then if the weather holds up, I can do some checking on the effects (Will likely email you again for some suggested things to check...).

Appreciate the support. Tune, Pulley, and Meth all running great!

DC

Old 10-29-2020, 08:26 AM

Thanks for answering my questions during my Methanol install as well Chris. Appreciate it! And I ordered your datalogger as suggested and it will be here Tuesday or so...Then if the weather holds up, I can do some checking on the effects (Will likely email you again for some suggested things to check...).

Appreciate the support. Tune, Pulley, and Meth all running great!

DC
Would love to hear your thoughts on the data logger when you get it!

Old 10-29-2020, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member

Would love to hear your thoughts on the data logger when you get it!
Will do! Should be here next week.

But UNFORTUNATELY, I now live in the Midwest (Illinois), so we will see if Mother Nature holds up for me to get out and test it...We are on the cusp of - could be good weather tomorrow, or Uh oh!

DC

Edit / Update: We may be in luck!

Last edited by Therock88; 10-29-2020 at 08:46 AM.
FLRRS (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 10:22 AM
Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

I know you mentioned this effort back in November of 2019 but assumed it was dead due to a year passing with no update.

Could you provide any more information such as where you are in the project, what the current difficulties are, is there a running test mule? The only difference between the TVS1900 and TVS 2650 in specifications is the additional 40mm in length and the discharge port moved the same distance. Are you just modifying the upper lid to fit for the change in dimensions or are you attempting to create a new upper lid with larger heat exchangers installed? Any information would be of great interest to this crowd.

With used F-Types getting very reasonably priced and warranties running out the market should be significant for this.
..well then ..what fun is that, if I spoil the surprise.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Tuning@VelocityAP:
FLRRS (10-29-2020), supersportmtl (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

A larger SC without upgraded cooling will be just getting to heat soaking much sooner. So unless you are stacking dry ice prior to each pull, it won't be a good mod.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
A larger SC without upgraded cooling will be just getting to heat soaking much sooner. So unless you are stacking dry ice prior to each pull, it won't be a good mod.
As the TVS2650 is more efficient at the range we are targeting and provides greater mass air flow at a lower temperature there is a reduction in the need for charge air cooling to achieve higher power levels with the same boost levels. The 2650 is rated at 3377 kg/hr compared to 2414 kg/hr at a pressure ratio of 1 (14.7 psi of boost). That's a huge difference in mass air flow.

Naturally greater charge air cooling is a benefit in almost all conditions if there are no trade offs (increase pressure loss due to a more restrictive intercooler core for example) but in our application yes, a larger more efficient supercharger will be a benefit even without any increase in charge air cooling capability.

If you use a more efficient charger at the same power level the engine will actually be cooler additionally, the more efficient charger will also allow higher power levels that are not possible with the factory one.

To explain it in simpler terms a road racer could run cooler at the same power levels with the factory charger air cooler and the 2650 and those that drag race could run at higher power levels as the heat soak issue it not as significant of a issue with time between runs to cool down.

Specifications from the manufacture:
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catal...fications.html

A great article explaining Mass air flow:
Volumetric Efficiency (and the REAL factor: MASS AIRFLOW), by EPI Inc.

The following 3 users liked this post by FLRRS:
SinF (10-29-2020), Therock88 (10-29-2020), Tuning@VelocityAP (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:50 PM

As the TVS2650 is more efficient at the range we are targeting and provides greater mass air flow at a lower temperature there is a reduction in the need for charge air cooling to achieve higher power levels with the same boost levels. The 2650 is rated at 3377 kg/hr compared to 2414 kg/hr at a pressure ratio of 1 (14.7 psi of boost). That's a huge difference in mass air flow.

Naturally greater charge air cooling is a benefit in almost all conditions if there are no trade offs (increase pressure loss due to a more restrictive intercooler core for example) but in our application yes, a larger more efficient supercharger will be a benefit even without any increase in charge air cooling capability.

If you use a more efficient charger at the same power level the engine will actually be cooler additionally, the more efficient charger will also allow higher power levels that are not possible with the factory one.

To explain it in simpler terms a road racer could run cooler at the same power levels with the factory charger air cooler and the 2650 and those that drag race could run at higher power levels as the heat soak issue it not as significant of a issue with time between runs to cool down.

Specifications from the manufacture:

A great article explaining Mass air flow:
Volumetric Efficiency (and the REAL factor: MASS AIRFLOW), by EPI Inc.
Yes! Thank you. I'm absolutely interested in a TVS2650. I have a thread about it but the forum haters...
Sorry for hijacking your thread TheRock

Quick Reply: Meth Thread - Without the Rotten Teeth