Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth Thread - Without the Rotten Teeth

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by mcphill
How many nozzles are you using on your Raptor? Most of the water-meth sites and videos I see are all 1 or 2 nozzles and getting tune gains. I don't understand why VAP says we need a nozzle per cylinder in order to get tuned for Meth...
Just running 1 nozzle on the Raptor - Post Intercooler (Also upgraded). If I recall, I put a 800 ml nozzle. And it is tuned with COBB AP.
I have two nozzles - One for each bank on the F-Type.

Old Today, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
As I mentioned in my other thread related to the VAP ECU Stage II Tune and Lower / Crank Pulley and Plugs upgrades....I will track information and at some point do a DIY with options on Methanol / H20 Injection on the F-Type SC Engine (Do at your own risk).

It appears it is going to take me a bit of time to get this completed like I want, as I am running into issues with fitment etc....But continue to blow money on parts to try different ideas ...

So this is just the start and when concluded, I will create a DIY as mentioned. Have been corresponding with Terrance39 on this forum, who has been helpful with questions on his set-up.

To date, I am going with the AEM 30-3350 Kit as a base. I picked this one because it is good quality (not that others aren't), and it has a multi-function controller, that will allow me to use the 0-5V signal from the MAPT sensor to control the boost (as opposed to drilling another hole in the intake and adding a hose).
I have purchased 2 X DevislOwn 90 Degree Low Profile Nozzle Holders, A DevilsOwn Dual Nozzle Kit, 2X DevilsOwn D03 Nozzles, A sacrificial storage compartment (one idea that is not going to work now ), and I have now ordered some 90 degrees quick Connect fittings and a Tank plug.

The AEM tank is too tall to fit ANYWHERE I have tried (and remain hidden...my requirement). I looked into the BurgerMotorSports Tank ~$200 Low Profile 2 Gallon, but it also sticks up too far and will not allow the floor panel to sit flat...So now I am reading up on the technical bulletins, and planning to use the Windshield reservoir(s) as someone also suggested in my other thread. Of course, it is not simple and has two tanks, and Headlight washer pumps, etc...But I will figure it out.

Also ordered an intake gasket set ( so I can remove to drill and tap fr nozzles), but that is delayed by the Jaguar dealer! And a 1/2 - 27 NPT Tap, and 21/64 Drill bit...

More to come and photos as I rip it apart...Holding off til after the weekend due to a Cars and Coffee

DC
Hello guys, this is my first post here. I’m reviving this dormant thread as I am trying to install this kit on my 2016 R. Mr. DC, is there any way for your DIY to still be accessible? Thank you for the insightful updates.