F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mina Gallery intake kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 02:29 PM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Just read through this thread, and saw a few people asking about better cone filters. I just got my intake kit in today, and measured the filters as best I can:

3.5" Inlet ID
1.5-1.75" Inlet Length
19" Base Circumference = 6" base diameter
4 7/8 to 5" Top
7 1/4" filter height from base to top
8.75" over-all height

Injen makes a dry filter (Super NanoWeb) that gets phenomenal filtration efficiency for a cone filter, and it's re-branded by Amsoil (a little extra name-drop doesn't hurt, being Amsoil and all), and is -significantly- better than the Injen 8-ply oiled gauze filters, which are themselves better than the 6-ply oiled gauze that Mina ships. I ran the measurements through the Injen site and found this filter:

X-1021-BB
3.5" Inlet ID
1.75" Inlet Length
6" Base Diameter
5.35" Top
6.875" filter height from base to top
8.375" overall height

So it's a little wider at the top (a bit under 1/2" wider), but is also about 1/2" shorter overall, which should fit well in the space and might even provide more clearance considering the Mina filters seem to hit the bumper on some installs. All other dimensions are the same. It also has a concave velocity-stack type tip that is most likely a gimmick, but is supposed to help start a vortex under throttle. I bought a couple - Amazon has them in stock on prime (only 6 left now) with fast shipping. You can also get their Injen X-1037RED or X-1037BLK HydroShield dry socks, which are made to fit that filter.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lpf4
Just read through this thread, and saw a few people asking about better cone filters. I just got my intake kit in today, and measured the filters as best I can:

3.5" Inlet ID
1.5-1.75" Inlet Length
19" Base Circumference = 6" base diameter
4 7/8 to 5" Top
7 1/4" filter height from base to top
8.75" over-all height

Injen makes a dry filter (Super NanoWeb) that gets phenomenal filtration efficiency for a cone filter, and it's re-branded by Amsoil (a little extra name-drop doesn't hurt, being Amsoil and all), and is -significantly- better than the Injen 8-ply oiled gauze filters, which are themselves better than the 6-ply oiled gauze that Mina ships. I ran the measurements through the Injen site and found this filter:

X-1021-BB
3.5" Inlet ID
1.75" Inlet Length
6" Base Diameter
5.35" Top
6.875" filter height from base to top
8.375" overall height

So it's a little wider at the top (a bit under 1/2" wider), but is also about 1/2" shorter overall, which should fit well in the space and might even provide more clearance considering the Mina filters seem to hit the bumper on some installs. All other dimensions are the same. It also has a concave velocity-stack type tip that is most likely a gimmick, but is supposed to help start a vortex under throttle. I bought a couple - Amazon has them in stock on prime (only 6 left now) with fast shipping. You can also get their Injen X-1037RED or X-1037BLK HydroShield dry socks, which are made to fit that filter.
Thanks for the info just placed my order as well for filters and socks!

Old 03-31-2021, 08:15 PM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I placed an order as well. That part listed above should correspond to this link, but the dims seem a bit different from what is listed above.

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-31-2021, 08:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I placed an order as well. That part listed above should correspond to this link, but the dims seem a bit different from what is listed above.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
yea some of the dimensions listed for that on Amazon are not correct. they typed the information on it wrong, but that same item number on the Injen website shows the dimensions are correct to what is close enough to what we need. I ordered mine using that part number right from their site directly. i was not worried about getting it anytime soon since the intakes are already installed on the car. Just be sure to measure it when you get yours to make sure Amazon didn't mess it up.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:16 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yup, whoever made the listing must have copy/pasted, because the 'wrong dimensions' are the same dimensions they use in all of their listings for Injen Nanoweb filters, regardless of P/N. The title gave the correct P/N and the correct inlet flange ID per Injen's specs sheets, so I gave it a shot. I'll validate the P/N and sizing when it comes in on Sunday, but it's Prime, so I can just send 'em back and buy it off Injen if it they don't send the right part.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:26 PM

Got the Injen / Amsoil X-1021-BB filters and X-1037BLK pre-filters in today, and they look like they'll be a good match. Inlet ID and base diameter look identical, and height/top width look close enough that it should fit fine. Might even be an easier fit, being a half inch or so shorter. Left is Injen X-1021-BB, right is private label from Mina.

Plus the Injen filters are made in the USA, not sure where the private label Mina filters are made, but being generic 6-ply wet filters, could be anywhere.

Last edited by lpf4; 04-04-2021 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added more photos...
Old 04-04-2021, 05:37 PM

lfp4

Let me know how your install goes. I haven't installed mine yet and still debating best way to access the OEM filter boxes-fender well or underneath. And I think I may buy the sock filters as well. Not sure I need it as I live in the desert but could be helpful.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:36 PM

lfp4

Let me know how your install goes. I haven't installed mine yet and still debating best way to access the OEM filter boxes-fender well or underneath. And I think I may buy the sock filters as well. Not sure I need it as I live in the desert but could be helpful.
I'm not in a huge rush either, but I'm planning on pulling the whole bumper for something else, and it should give me really good access to everything.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate - love the deep black gloss look you got going on - seriously mean! Happy for you

Old 04-14-2021, 01:13 PM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Just finished installing mine and one thing I would like to share with you guys: unless I made something incorrect (which I doubt), if you have SVR bumper you won't be able to use provided by Mina brackets (design to hold bottom section). Instead I have used few zip ties which worked fine too.

@Biofreak - have you experienced same thing?

Old 04-14-2021, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Guardian
Just finished installing mine and one thing I would like to share with you guys: unless I made something incorrect (which I doubt), if you have SVR bumper you won't be able to use provided by Mina brackets (design to hold bottom section). Instead I have used few zip ties which worked fine too.

@Biofreak - have you experienced same thing?

Did you just remove the fender lining to gain the airbox area? I am planning on installing mine this weekend.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:37 AM

Did you just remove the fender lining to gain the airbox area? I am planning on installing mine this weekend.
I did everything during SVR body kit conversion while the bumper was off.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Working on it with fender lining removed gives far easier access to all the connections to allow proper alignment than doing it from underneath. Removing wheel and fender lining takes no more than just a few minutes.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just found this thread - I think I'll give this a go on my F-Pace SVR! Or...when my facelift SVR arrives. Start with just the top section and see how it sounds.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:03 PM

Top section will not "open up" supercharger whine as replacing of OEM filter boxes does.
IMO intake with just top section doesn't make sense.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
Top section will not "open up" supercharger whine as replacing of OEM filter boxes does.
IMO intake with just top section doesn't make sense.
Agreed. I added the top section first. No appreciable difference in SC whine. The muffling baffles are eliminated with the installation of the lower section. HUGE increase in SC whine.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mmm...well I think with the F-Pace I need to do top and bottom sections anyways for fitment. The F-Pace SVR has a single piece top section and different air boxes than the F-Type R so I can't be sure the Mina top section would reach the F-Pace air boxes. The full top/bottom set should be fine since it would replace everything assuming there's as much room or more inside the F-Pace's engine bay and clear the fender indents.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:59 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Unhingdster Tech Advice Please!!!

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Agreed. I added the top section first. No appreciable difference in SC whine. The muffling baffles are eliminated with the installation of the lower section. HUGE increase in SC whine.
Too lazy to search....Friday ya know!! 2017 F Type V6S: Can Mina Lower be installed to stock Upper?
Thanks in advance Sir

Old 04-16-2021, 08:43 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

for the supercharger whine only??

Old 04-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky H
Too lazy to search....Friday ya know!! 2017 F Type V6S: Can Mina Lower be installed to stock Upper?
Thanks in advance Sir
I will assume the Unhingd mantle for a moment.
Yes, the Mina upper and lower intake kits can be installed separately or together, which means the lower can be fitted to the stock upper.
Well that's what the Mina web site is implying as they advertise them separately and as a kit with both, see here: https://www.minagallery.com/f-type-performance-items/

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery intake kit