F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Lug Nut

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 12:23 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Missing Lug Nut

So I just bought a 2017 SVR and I noticed one of the lug nuts are missing. Not sure how I missed that as well as the PPI and dealership inspection but here we are. My dealership is telling me I need to order a new wheel lock set and they don't have any.

1. How can a dealership not have spare lug nuts?
2. Is there a way I can just order one lockable one? Anyone know the part #?

Old 03-12-2024, 01:38 PM
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts

The cars mostly came with a lock set installed. The kit (they are sold in 4’s) including the key was in my trunk. I tossed all of mine out and bought 4 non-locking individual lug nuts from the dealer.

The following users liked this post:
Golfnutjtl (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Robtrt8
The cars mostly came with a lock set installed. The kit (they are sold in 4’s) including the key was in my trunk. I tossed all of mine out and bought 4 non-locking individual lug nuts from the dealer.
Do you know the part #'s? I'd prefer not to buy them from the dealer.

Old 03-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts

Check with Jaguar Palm Beach. They have a pretty good on line storefront. They will want your VIN to verify fit.

As you are finding out, JLR dealers vary. Our Asbury dealership is now LR only. No great loss. Fortunately we have a brand new dealership that was designed to handle the forthcoming E Jags and they have been very good.

Old 03-12-2024, 02:58 PM
Received 87 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had good luck with Harper Jaguar - https://parts.harperjaguar.com/

Old 03-12-2024, 03:18 PM
Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Brian: Are you just wanting 1 stock stainless lug nut to replace the one missing, or are you wanting a lug nut that has the locking key? If you're wanting the locking key lug nut, then yes you can buy a complete set online from other places. If you just want one plain stock lug nut let me know and I'll send you a used one.

Golfnutjtl (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 03:33 PM
Received 141 Likes on 94 Posts

^ was going to ask the same question as I have a full set (no locks). I would consider getting a set of nice stainless ones as the stock ones are plastic covered (unless the SVR’s come with different stock lugs).

Old 03-12-2024, 03:58 PM
Received 162 Likes on 122 Posts

Gorilla lug nuts part number 73138J fit F-Types. They are solid stainless. No caps.

The following 2 users liked this post by cpq100:
Golfnutjtl (03-12-2024), mvining (03-13-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rondog
Brian: Are you just wanting 1 stock stainless lug nut to replace the one missing, or are you wanting a lug nut that has the locking key? If you're wanting the locking key lug nut, then yes you can buy a complete set online from other places. If you just want one plain stock lug nut let me know and I'll send you a used one.
So I have the key and three locking stainless lug nuts. Just one locking lug nut is missing. So I'd prefer a locking one because replacing with a standard one would make that wheel look odd. I went to my dealer and they said they can't even source lug nuts. I knew the part shortages were bad but not being able to get lug nuts is very concerning. They told me to look for part # C2D42934 but all online retailers are telling me that's the wrong part #...

Old 03-12-2024, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Robtrt8
Check with Jaguar Palm Beach. They have a pretty good on line storefront. They will want your VIN to verify fit.

As you are finding out, JLR dealers vary. Our Asbury dealership is now LR only. No great loss. Fortunately we have a brand new dealership that was designed to handle the forthcoming E Jags and they have been very good.
Unbelievable I think they gave me the wrong part #. They gave me C2D42934 but the online retailers are telling me that doesn't fit my VIN.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by cpq100
Gorilla lug nuts part number 73138J fit F-Types. They are solid stainless. No caps.
Yep, instead of wasting time and money on tracking down an OEM lug nut you are much better off replacing them all with these Gorilla nuts.
Solid one piece with no flimsy problematic caps like the OEM nuts, top quality and will outlast the car.
You can also get them in black chrome (which I have), look great better than stock chrome IMHO, part number 73138JBC (JBC = Jaguar black Chrome) see here for a listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-GORIL...UAAOSw7eldaF1U

mvining (03-13-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian McCann
So I have the key and three locking stainless lug nuts. Just one locking lug nut is missing. So I'd prefer a locking one because replacing with a standard one would make that wheel look odd. I went to my dealer and they said they can't even source lug nuts. I knew the part shortages were bad but not being able to get lug nuts is very concerning. They told me to look for part # C2D42934 but all online retailers are telling me that's the wrong part #...
Locking nuts will slow down a typical thief almost as long as it took you to make a post to the forum. Just get a regular one - the worst thing that happens is that some fool doesn't know what they're doing and manages to start with THAT one, and is then stumped.

GeorgeIII (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by uncheel
Locking nuts will slow down a typical thief almost as long as it took you to make a post to the forum. Just get a regular one - the worst thing that happens is that some fool doesn't know what they're doing and manages to start with THAT one, and is then stumped.
I was more worried about the look with mismatched lug nuts than the function of locking lug nuts haha

Old 03-13-2024, 10:05 AM
Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts
Default OE lug nut set

Do you know if your car was spec'd out with the locking lugnut set? It may be listed on the window sticker, or even on the aftermarket Monroney sticker (as mine is):

https://monroneylabels.com/

When I bought my car, the four locking lugnuts had been taken off by the selling dealer and saved, but the special lug nut key was missing. I think it probably got left on their ratchet wrench. I contacted the 'registration' office of the company that supplies the sets of locking lugnuts. IIRC I had to go through some hoops to prove I was the owner of the car, not just some miscreant trying to steal the car. They may be able to supply you with the missing lugnuts. Let me know if you are interested and I will dig the box out and get a photo of the contact info.

Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2024, 10:32 AM
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Try this
https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic...wheel-nut.html

(with thanks to Zen Beer, clubairth1, and DJS for their part in making JPART and JEPC available!)

Old 03-13-2024, 10:41 AM

Those look to be out of stock, but the Gorilla ones on amazon popped up under that part number:

Amazon Amazon

and this from AllEuro:

https://alleuro.com/Parts/OEM/C2C35294010

Old 03-13-2024, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
Those look to be out of stock, but the Gorilla ones on amazon popped up under that part number:

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories.../dp/B00ZSDHA2A

and this from AllEuro:

https://alleuro.com/Parts/OEM/C2C35294010
Yes please send me the contact info for that company. I just bought a full set of the black gorilla ones but I would like to replace the locking nut in my set as well, if possible.

Old 03-13-2024, 01:17 PM
Default McGard

From what I remember I had to have some sort of info, a code that came with the set. I think it was on a sticker that was still in the plastic clamshell box that the nuts were in. That is shown in diagram 1 with the McGard URL. The "Julian" date refers to the nuts production date (??) The second scan is of an envelope that you could use to order additional/replacement items. I do remember having to a couple of emails back and forth verifying "ownership" info. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Missing Lug Nut-lock103132024.jpg   Missing Lug Nut-lock203132024.jpg  
Old 03-13-2024, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
From what I remember I had to have some sort of info, a code that came with the set. I think it was on a sticker that was still in the plastic clamshell box that the nuts were in. That is shown in diagram 1 with the McGard URL. The "Julian" date refers to the nuts production date (??) The second scan is of an envelope that you could use to order additional/replacement items. I do remember having to a couple of emails back and forth verifying "ownership" info. Hope this helps.
Okay thanks, I don't have the registration card or any other info so I guess that's not going to work

Old 03-13-2024, 03:34 PM

Mine weren't registered either, but you may want to try contacting someone at McGard. You can't be the first owner who has experienced this. The cars are old enough now to have gone through possibly 2 or more owners... things happen!!

Quick Reply: Missing Lug Nut