F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Collectable F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone want to throw out a guess as to what the rarest spec may be for F-Types? Obviously R/SVR, but I'm talking down to the interior choice. I can't find a single '15 R Coupe w/ a true red interior for sale online. Looks like about 70% have black interiors, and the other 30% have the black/red.

Wonder how much that comes into play in the world of collectability...?

Old 04-02-2021, 12:42 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

A recurring question in one shape or form. Have you seen signs in the market that there is a premium for particular F type configurations. I expect the P 7 will have a unique demand, but I don't know how much.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:31 PM
Received 208 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by knives
Does anyone want to throw out a guess as to what the rarest spec may be for F-Types? Obviously R/SVR, but I'm talking down to the interior choice. I can't find a single '15 R Coupe w/ a true red interior for sale online. Looks like about 70% have black interiors, and the other 30% have the black/red.

Wonder how much that comes into play in the world of collectability...?
There probably are a few all red interior Rs but those don't pop up for sale because they were most likely customer ordered and they aint selling; similar situation with manual F-Types. No premium at the moment and I don't believe it ever will be a premium for interior colors. Rarest interior spec? I will mention a few. Blue SVR with an all red interior. There was only a handfull of those made with that color combination. Black with tan interior are hard to find too. Here is an even rarer one. . Firesand Orange SVR with tan interior only 1 or 2 of those. Also a very unique wingless SVR in Firesand Orange with Black/Reims Blue stitch recently was purchased by a forum member and did not sell with a premium. Rarest. . Ian Callums 2018 SVR with powder blue interior totally custom for him(pictures attached) .
That one sold last year at average SVR price. If that one was not sold at a premium or considered collectible no F-Type will right now.
I don't think any F-Type is at the point yet to command a premium Maybe the rare colors will eventually. Specially for the Project 7 cars. There are a few custom Project 7 colors that are 1 of 1 and the ones in Caldera Red I believe 5 or 6 total. SVRs in SVO Premium Colors might make that list too one day.

Attached Thumbnails Most Collectable F-Type?-img_3224.jpg   Most Collectable F-Type?-img_3223.jpg   Most Collectable F-Type?-img_3215.jpg  

Last edited by Ftyperegistry; 04-02-2021 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DJS (04-06-2021)
Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

This has gone on along enough. The idea that the F-Type will be a collectible has become a pipe dream. There is no reasonable basis to assume a vehicle which could not sell as new would become a treasure in the aftermarket. Maybe that some models could command a small premium over the market in general might be true, but there is no ground swell to raise the values of of model as a whole.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:12 PM
Received 208 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
This has gone on along enough. The idea that the F-Type will be a collectible has become a pipe dream. There is no reasonable basis to assume a vehicle which could not sell as new would become a treasure in the aftermarket. Maybe that some models could command a small premium over the market in general might be true, but there is no ground swell to raise the values of of model as a whole.
Lolol yep this thread alone 3 years and there are other similar ones lol

Old 04-03-2021, 10:33 AM
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Take a cue from the Dodge Viper. Could not sell ACR Extremes for 150k. No takers.

2 years later....the car is pushing 300k.

Not saying that it is going to happen with the F-Type.......but your analysis point is just wrong. Dead wrong.

The following users liked this post:
Luc Lapierre (04-03-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Rarity of exterior or interior colors will have no impact on value or collectibility. Never has for any car. Desirability of the colors, though, will have an impact. The theoretical example of a one-off baby crap brown F-Type would be valued far less than the ubiquitous grey F-Type.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I'm going to throw it out there that I thought the manual would be kept for a bit longer, so I thought the 2015 8cyl RWD madness would be the one. Now I am 100% on board that someone is going to get a steal of a deal on my failed MT 2016, and that my 2019 driven hard and put away sweaty as a horse can get will be more interesting to car enthusiasts in the future, if allowed petrol and roads and all that.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:22 AM
Received 176 Likes on 99 Posts

All I know is that I'm sure glad I got my manual V6s when I did.

I can count on one hand the number of manual V6s' that I've seen on autotrader.ca over the past two years (most of the scant few that do show up have been base models).
The ones that do show up don't seem to linger for very long.
I don't think I've seen any at all in the past year or so. Could easily have missed a couple that came and went before I saw them (I check maybe 2-3 times per month).

Regardless, they're pretty far and few between in Canada.

Whether or not the car will ever be worth fair amount to anyone else, I can't say. It's worth plenty to me though.