Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must have options

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Must have options

Hello everyone!

I'm really looking to get an F-Type soon and am torn between a few options.

Ideally I'd love a Black, White, or Red F-Type and want these options.

1. Meridian sound (I listen to music often and love great sound)
2. Flat bottom steering wheel (love the look honestly and always wanted one)
3. Active Sound Button (ITS AN F-TYPE!!!)
4. Sport Seats (I just love the look honestly and would love the support)

Since I'm in the low 40k budget I am starting to think some of these options won't be in one package...I'm thinking the steering wheel and seats are the ones that can go...but the regular seats don't look anywhere near as great.

Any advice on options that aren't all that important? I know these are subjective but I'd be curious if the sport seats aren't worth it or if the flat bottom uses different leather or something.

Thank you

Old 05-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Bermudez
Hello everyone!

I'm really looking to get an F-Type soon and am torn between a few options.

Ideally I'd love a Black, White, or Red F-Type and want these options.

1. Meridian sound (I listen to music often and love great sound)
2. Flat bottom steering wheel (love the look honestly and always wanted one)
3. Active Sound Button (ITS AN F-TYPE!!!)
4. Sport Seats (I just love the look honestly and would love the support)

Since I'm in the low 40k budget I am starting to think some of these options won't be in one package...I'm thinking the steering wheel and seats are the ones that can go...but the regular seats don't look anywhere near as great.

Any advice on options that aren't all that important? I know these are subjective but I'd be curious if the sport seats aren't worth it or if the flat bottom uses different leather or something.

Thank you
Help us out...in what country are you located? That determines the available options and packages. Also, do you really mean the standard "Sport Seats", or do you really prefer the optional upgrade "Performance Seats". Also, V8, V6, AWD, RWD, AT, MT, Vert., Coupe? Those specs also determine what's standard and what's optional. V8s or any AWD may not yet be available at $40k, but the '14 V8S is getting close ($45k).

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-10-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Sorry about my lack of information.

I am located in Los Angeles.

I mean the base seats vs performance seats (I prefer the performance the look is spot on!)

I would prefer RWD and an Auto (not really AWD) and I'm open to the engine option as long as I can get it in my price range.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry about my lack of information.

I am located in Los Angeles.

I mean the base seats vs performance seats (I prefer the performance the look is spot on!)

I would prefer RWD and an Auto (not really AWD) and I'm open to the engine option as long as I can get it in my price range.
Would you consider leasing?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:38 PM

It would be my first lease so I'm new to it.

I am looking to move out of the country next year so if that wouldn't be a huge issue I would consider it.

Do you need amazing credit? Had a co-signer for my current car.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Help us out...in what country are you located? That determines the available options and packages. Also, do you really mean the standard "Sport Seats", or do you really prefer the optional upgrade "Performance Seats". Also, V8, V6, AWD, RWD, AT, MT, Vert., Coupe? Those specs also determine what's standard and what's optional. V8s or any AWD may not yet be available at $40k, but the '14 V8S is getting close ($45k).
It's amazing how much the price can swing on these cars depending on content, location, and mileage. When I was searching, I thought I was buying a Porsche as seemingly simple options added thousands to the price on even used ones; these Jags are no different. But I agree, you can find one in the 40s now if you are happy with the base specs or limited options and higher mileage.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:05 PM

From what I've seen the best prices have the regular seats

I haven't sat in the performance seats but the base are very comfy

Old 05-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

It would be my first lease so I'm new to it.

I am looking to move out of the country next year so if that wouldn't be a huge issue I would consider it.

Do you need amazing credit? Had a co-signer for my current car.
I dont know if moving would be an issue, but I would suggest to look into that with the financing bank before committing to anything.

You need good credit, someone I know leased an Ftype with a 703 credit score which is good, no great, but good.

You could lease a brand new base ftype (financing through USBANK) with manual trans, which has the active exhaust included, meridian 770w system, + climate package, for $400 a month with 2k down.

Again it would be a lease so you are limited to 30k miles during the 36 month lease term (although you could opt for more, it would just make your payment go up by a little bit). When the 36 months are over you can give the car back or exercise your option to buy.

OR you can buy the used car, without really knowing how many times the motor was pushed to redline in the first 2000 miles, and if the owner would let it warm up before pushing it, etc...

Some things to think about.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

"Must have" adaptive suspension. If it doesnt, then it has one suspension setting which is ****-numbing and spine shattering. If it has adaptive, the standard setting is pretty comfortable once the seats soften up, then in "dynamic" mode it firms up and is quite jiggly over rough surfaces. Also must have the active exhaust, IMO.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

If you go convertible, I HIGHLY recommend the vision package. Definitely saved me several times in parking lots backing out.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Must jag dealers use Chase Bank. They are very restrictive and make it difficult to get out of a lease.

I would recommend the vision package. If this is your first sports car, you are gonna need it.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Also, make sure it has Reverse (or Cross) Traffic Detection, has saved me a few times. Probably part of the Vision Pack but I don't know for sure.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:13 PM

Where is this lease at? Thank you

Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

The most important option is the V8 engine. #NothingElseMatters #WhoDaresWins #ThereIsNoReplacementForDisplacement

Old 05-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

The must-have option is keeping your money. So be willing to take the car off the lot as-is, as this is how you get the best deals.

I also recommend blind spot monitor, these cars have poor side visibility. If you into track, makes sure to get LSD as it makes a lot of difference in how the car handles.