Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY 2016 Meridian

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

One last, from me, thread jacking.

The purchase is NOT stupid, the transaction and the total lack of answers, not to mention false promises, is. And wrong. VERY wrong.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-10-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Mine sounds good as well.. and I also noticed that DTS gives a better sound stage than Meridian setting, or otherwise the rear speakers come more alive in DTS pretty well from any music source.
Actually the car is supposed to sound best on the Meridian setting which is what its engineered for

Meridian Surround Sound System review ? Jaguar F-Type | What Hi-Fi?

but even to my ears the DTS setting sounds better. Not sure why.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:50 AM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Hello everyone,

Well I finally got a call back from JLR's CEO office after 2 weeks of ignoring my emails. Immensely disappointing. It would seem that they are unable to trace the PR departments R Coupe with the speaker vibration issue, despite my letting them know when it was coming back to them. I'm imagining thats its been cleaned and put out to retail having not had the problem fixed.

They continue to insist - listen to this - "We've just not had many reports of this issue."

As a result, they are not willing to do anything different than ask the dealer to look at my car for a fifth time to see if they can resolve the issue. Obviously, as we all know, filling up the door with foam does not address it.

What have I learned from the past 18-months:

- JLR does not - in my experience - have a robust communication and problem recording system across their organisation and dealerships. I have a deep background understanding in BMW and Audi's service systems a how they directly connect to the factory, and I can assure you JLR is 5-7 years behind these other two brands.
- The CRC is only there to facilitate customer engagement with dealers and to overcome any disagreements that may exist between the dealer and customer - not the customer and the manufacturer.
- They are a company that treat you as nothing more than a number and if you have any form of issue, then this is a company that really has no regard for customer satisfaction whatsoever. The CRC team have been trained - very well - to bat customers back and demonstrate zero accountability for customer issues.
- If you want to make any progress with the manufacturer, you will need a lawyer at the very minimum.

Whilst the F-Type is a truly wonderful car, I can only say my ownership experience has been ruined by a company that truly does not care. And I would underline this point by saying I've never seen it as bad as it is with Jaguar Land Rover in any other brand I've touched.

I can say that I've purchased both my first and last JLR product ever. Its an incredible shame that a company can behave this way and get away with it.

The following 2 users liked this post by mawheele:
DuhCar (05-15-2015), slojotaa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the update. I, I'm sure along with others here, completely understand the immense frustration - perhaps to put it mildly - [re] your experience. No one can say you didn't try. Independent of our individual experiences with our dealers - the good, the possibly great, the bad, and the ugly - it would appear that from a corporate level and attitude JLR has something (some might say a lot) to learn.

I contacted, not long ago, the Marketing guy I met at the Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving & Chowder Society meeting I attended before buying my car last Oct mostly to say hello, telling him how much I am enjoying the car, and saying that I would [have] loved to received any small token of Jaguar F-Type marketing crap and his reply was that he has trouble even getting a hat. A hat!? I am not comparing a hat to the troubles some here have experienced, but it might just be emblematic of the corporate culture at Jaguar. Dunno and, frankly, I don't really care (much).

I love my F-Type period ended.

I always say that there are plenty of places to spend your money; whether a restaurant or an automobile manufacturer and if a place or company pisses me off enough, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

My only advice, and you touched upon it yourself in your post, try not to let your frustrations detract you from the immense joys the car provides you. You don't need me to tell you that, but I thought a little reminder couldn't hurt either.

Who knows...maybe down the line you'll change your mind [re] a future Jaguar? Anything is possible.

Best regards,
Jay

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-15-2015 at 09:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 03:44 AM
Default !

Jay,

Many thanks for your reply. Appreciate you're support.

If we put the emotive part to one side, the biggest reason I believe we should ALL care on this forum about these experiences and outcomes is that it impacts the residual value of our cars. And its only going to get worse in the coming 5 years as the market becomes highly disrupted by the goal posts moving.

It is my view, sadly, Jaguars current renaissance through the power of design will live as long as this product cycle.

The next cycle of successful cars will be about 'experience.' We are at the beginning of the bell curve today with a benchmark established by Tesla. Apple will enter the market in the next 3-4 years as well.

Jaguar wake-up! You are hurting us and yourselves. You have an opportunity to capitalise on today's success by taking us with you, rather than heading back to irrelevance.

Last edited by mawheele; 05-16-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mawheele
Jay,

Many thanks for your reply. Appreciate you're support.

If we put the emotive part to one side, the biggest reason I believe we should ALL care on this forum about these experiences and outcomes is that it impacts the residual value of our cars. And its only going to get worse in the coming 5 years as the market becomes highly disrupted by the goal posts moving.

It is my view, sadly, Jaguars current renaissance through the power of design will live as long as this product cycle.

The next cycle of successful cars will be about 'experience.' We are at the beginning of the bell curve today with a benchmark established by Tesla. Apple will enter the market in the next 3-4 years as well.

Jaguar wake-up! You are hurting us and yourselves. You have an opportunity to capitalise on today's success by taking us with you, rather than heading back to relevance.
Beautifully, and truthfully, written! Well done mawheele. I hope someone at Jaguar is listening 'cause the "target", as you suggest, is always moving and if their eyes (and ears - i.e. listening, really listening, to its customers) aren't on the prize, and our business, I'm afraid you're right on all accounts.

To be continued...

In the meantime, enjoy each day and each and every mile as you can.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 05-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

With our Maserati the dealer has to use a string and 2 cans to keep in touch with their tech people, make everyone else look good, but until last year they only sold 6000 cars a year worldwide. Judging by this forum there are definitely are people who shouldn't buy from smaller manufacturers , especially their sports cars. My Audi's were great but the TT had the most unusual of problems,and they always made you jump through hoops to get it fixed. My AMG Mercedes was under engineered for the power, I had a Porsche blow up and they fought for 3 months not to fix it, had to sue! Turned out to be dealers fault! Don't hear much about BMW but I've never owned one. Sports cars come and go in demand and they are again going making it more difficult to own one. The largest sold by far are Corvettes and at $60-$70k you wait inline with the Malibu owners at the service line!

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
With our Maserati the dealer has to use a string and 2 cans to keep in touch with their tech people, make everyone else look good, but until last year they only sold 6000 cars a year worldwide. Judging by this forum there are definitely are people who shouldn't buy from smaller manufacturers , especially their sports cars. My Audi's were great but the TT had the most unusual of problems,and they always made you jump through hoops to get it fixed. My AMG Mercedes was under engineered for the power, I had a Porsche blow up and they fought for 3 months not to fix it, had to sue! Turned out to be dealers fault! Don't hear much about BMW but I've never owned one. Sports cars come and go in demand and they are again going making it more difficult to own one. The largest sold by far are Corvettes and at $60-$70k you wait inline with the Malibu owners at the service line!
Again, an interesting perspective that I never gave thought to. I had Audi and Mercedes, never BMW, and have had positive experiences with the handling of most matters. But the smaller as you state it, and rare cars is probably the issue. The irony here is that the higher one pays for anything, perceptually the greater the expectation of "near perfection", knowing that nothing is ever perfect. Inverse logic I presume. The types of things that are being spoken of though are car building "101", and therefore the right to expect these things to be "nailed" prior to release is a rightful expectation in my view. However, we all look at it differently I guess, but your point made me think, which makes it an interesting and worthwhile read.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by bjg625

Not always true. I had a superb experience with Lotus once. You may recall in 2000, they had a prototype model M250 which dealers started taking deposits for. Unfortunately, the dealer I placed my deposit with went bankrupt. Not only did Lotus pick up the cost but they offered me a free hard top for my Elise as well.

There are car companies who through doing the right thing maintain a level of loyalty that see them through the worst days. Also look at the retained residuals. Now if only they could find the cash to develop new products. I'd sincerely buy an Evora 400 without question.

I also had excellent experiences with BMW when I had dodgy paint flaking issues on a 3-series I purchased. Jaguar as we all know required the letter of a lawyer before they solved one of our fellow forum members issues. Everything we need to know about JLR came from that story.