F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My favorite thing to do in the F-Type is....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default My favorite thing to do in the F-Type is....

Friday going into the long holiday weekend. Let's hear what your favorite thing to do in the F-Type is.

Me: Down shift then hammer it going under an overpass and then letting off the pedal to hear the very loud pops and crackles. It never gets old and has become a contest between me and the wife to see who is amateur level and who's hit pro status.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I've only had mine for a month now, but everyday when I walk out to the parking garage after work, I pause as the beauty of the F Type strikes me every time I see it. This morning I even snapped a couple of quick photos with my phone just because. I am still in the honeymoon phase.

The following 2 users liked this post by eusdawb:
4Holer (07-01-2016), slojotaa (07-02-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

There is not one favorite thing to do in my F-Type, but it is my favorite inanimate thing. So so much. I do everything in it. At least, everything I can.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by eusdawb
I am still in the honeymoon phase
From my experience, you will be for at least a year.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
From my experience, you will be for at least a year.
I'm glad to see that you said at least a year because while by definition "honeymoon" signifies one year, as someone who just celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary and in 1 month it will be 18 years since my I met my wife, my honeymoon continues unabatedly. I never ever tire of looking at or being with my wife and while my F-Type pales in comparison - let's get real shall we - I expect to love and lust over it [the car] for many, many years.

Oh, the answer to the OP is obvious...driving. Just driving.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

One year in and not even close to ending the honeymoon. Favourite thing is hard to pin down. If I had to, we have a road just to the south of us, nice two lane state road the winds from PA down to Hunt Valley MD. there are two distinct twisty sections that heading northbound are a blast. Downhill entries from about 50mph into a tight right hand then left hand combo to the base of the hill over a brook, then a very tight immediate right that comes so fast but is perfectly cambered to step on the gas in third gear, kick out the back end just ever so slightly and rocket up the hill to a sweeping right that your taking again over 50. 50 down to twenty then up to 50+ in less that 1/4 mile. Two almost identical runs like that about a mile apart. I pray for days when no one is in front of me so I can take the run as often as possible. All the while engine breaking and firing off machine gun and cannon shot exhaust noises. What a blast.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I've only had mine for a month now, but everyday when I walk out to the parking garage after work, I pause as the beauty of the F Type strikes me every time I see it. This morning I even snapped a couple of quick photos with my phone just because. I am still in the honeymoon phase.

Only one thing more on my phone than pics of the F-Type are those of my English Bulldog! Seriously, I do the same and this Honeymoon period never seems to diminish in happiness!

Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I'm glad to see that you said at least a year because while by definition "honeymoon" signifies one year, as someone who just celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary and in 1 month it will be 18 years since my I met my wife, my honeymoon continues unabatedly. I never ever tire of looking at or being with my wife and while my F-Type pales in comparison - let's get real shall we - I expect to love and lust over it [the car] for many, many years.

Oh, the answer to the OP is obvious...driving. Just driving.
you crack me up!!! Have an awesome weekend lusting on all fronts.....

Old 07-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
you crack me up!!! Have an awesome weekend lusting on all fronts.....
After what you've been through, now's not the time to crack! Show me a person without the ability to lust and hopefully the capacity to love - preferably not just inanimate objects or material possessions - and I will show you someone I don't want to know. Fortunately you do not fall under the latter.

And don't fall under anything!

Carpe diem Joe, carpe diem.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (07-03-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Excellent parking space and good job parking further in to avoid idiots parked next to you that might hit it with their door. I wish this type of parking spot was always an option for me at every lot i have to stop at.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

out of interest - what are the general dimensions of the US parking bays ?

UK are 2.4m x 4.8m

Old 07-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer
Friday going into the long holiday weekend. Let's hear what your favorite thing to do in the F-Type is.

Me: Down shift then hammer it going under an overpass and then letting off the pedal to hear the very loud pops and crackles. It never gets old and has become a contest between me and the wife to see who is amateur level and who's hit pro status.
There's a particular stretch of road in Dallas - the new section of 635 / LBJ Freeway - where the road splits into a double decker orientation. There's an express level that is, essentially, about a 5 mile long tunnel underneath the main section of the road. The tunnel is unique, as there is an open air shaft that allows a bare minimum of light in. Anyway, this particular roadway is a great place to go for a nighttime sprint with the windows down. The V6S soundtrack is especially amazing in the tunnel - I highly recommend it. The fact that this section of road is almost always completely empty any time later than 9 PM is another bonus. After midnight, I always run into at least one other Exotic or super/hypercar and the ensuing exhaust noise battle is loads of fun.

The following users liked this post:
Telecom (07-03-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,634 Likes on 8,309 Posts

Originally Posted by ioneabee
out of interest - what are the general dimensions of the US parking bays ?

UK are 2.4m x 4.8m
Don't know about other places, but in my area of SoCal, I've been in slots that a Mini would fit and others that a Hummer could fit with all doors open with no problems and everything in between..
Handicapped parking places have their own dimensions which give plenty of room for example..vans with wheelchair access on the side.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

If I'm early enough, I try to get a corner spot where I can park like this and I'm not taking up any space into someone else's spot.

Attached Thumbnails My favorite thing to do in the F-Type is....-image.jpeg  
Old 07-03-2016, 12:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

@Atomic That, too, is my favorite stretch to have fun. I just wish it was longer. Now I need to go over there after 9pm and check it out.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Only one thing more on my phone than pics of the F-Type are those of my English Bulldog! Seriously, I do the same and this Honeymoon period never seems to diminish in happiness!
Can we get a picture of the dog and car together? Dogs are cool too.