F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesjaguar
Can you help with figuring out how to launch control this thing? Again followed every direction in the owners manual (pic attached) and nada. Not once. Ever.
V8 models do not have Launch Control. For some reason this was only for certain V6 models I believe. Check other threads, there may be more accurate info about exactly which V6 models/years have this feature.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:28 AM
Received 320 Likes on 218 Posts

I agree 100% about the low rpm keeping things safe. 750HP I believe would be attainable with the supercharger we have. 800HP not sure if it could do it, would be great if true, but would probably be kicking out a ton of heat.

We really need a vendor to supply a larger supercharger. The displacement of the supercharger is the limiting factor as far as potential HP and TQ on any supercharged engine no matter how large or small the engine is.

Thanks for passing the info along!

When Arden changes the AJ133's orginal roots for a twin-srew, they change stongers pistons too. I guess the stock pistons are Mahle's forged alloy 4032. The new ones are most probably made from alloy 2618. They give extra safe marginal specially in case of any detonation. Stock main berarings are not the very best if not upgraded from 4.2 style. This can lead to serious bottom end damages.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
This the first time I saw a bigger crank pulley for an AJ133, who made it? Why did you think it was necessary?
Larger crank pulley would prove quite useful to those of us with the V6. The stock SC pulley is about as small as you can fit without turning down the nose of the SC housing by 1 or 2 mm.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Congrats on the record!!! Definitely get a Vbox, well worth the $500. Guessing from your location you were at ATCO or Englishtown? Great tracks on the East Coast. Congrats again bro!
Thanks man, yeah, it was at Atco - really a pretty good track. I'm the EC tune, but I'm not seeing anywhere near the mph other guys are seeing. Trying to get there again Friday and see how it goes.

Good luck on your quest for power, I think I'll end up spraying it and crossing my fingers

Old 11-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I'm with Cambo. There's no question you can extract a lot more power and torque out of these engines, it's just a question of how long they'll hold together.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Eurocharged
Email me an offer and lets get your car tuned ! (:

sales@eurocharged.com

Thanks,
Very interested - is this Jake?

Last edited by Cambo; 11-26-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:45 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

jamesjaguar, our V8R's don't have launch control, only the V6 models do.
We dont need it, just mash the throttle lol

Old 11-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Combo,

I searched for headers on this forum and pulled up and skimmed a few threads. Laughably I found this quote from “Fricken” which is 90% of what I posted verbatim about firing order not mattering with a supercharged engine, Tri-Ys only working on NASCAR N/A narrow power band engines. Remember I also said out of all engines that can use headers (not turbo cars) positive displacement supercharged ones always gain the least. Always. But they still gain. Thing is we aren’t making much boost stock or even with the small blower pulleys on the market now. So when we do start making real boost, the gains will reveal themselves per usual. The old AMG E55s with 3v 5.4L V8s with 2.1L IHI twin screws gained 40-45rwhp and rwtq SAE with LTs with 200cpi cats at stock boost levels.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...anyone-140739/

Post #3:

Originally Posted by Fricken
That being said, a proper individual primary setup instead of the log style factory setup would certainly see gains. Limiting heat soak, easing exhaust flow and controlling the firing sequence flow. One large benefit would be cutting back on the heat generated and held in this area.
With the supercharged engine we would see strong gains from a 4-1 style header since one doesn't have to focus as much on vacuum scavenging.
One the non-supercharged, something like a Tri-Y header that is used in NASCAR would benefit. A non-supercharged will benefit more from the exhaust vacuum from each pulse in the firing. Thus drawing the exhaust gases out of the cylinder.

One engine that comes to mind for a comparison would be the 2003-2004 cobra. 4.6L and the same Eaton M112 supercharger. Typical gains on a supercharged engine of this nature is around 30rwhp at the same boost levels.
The Terminator Cobras ran far less efficient superchargers than we have now and with a SC engine that’s really the only thing that matters: Size and efficiency of the supercharger. NA it’s about headflow, cams, intake manifold making the power, the bottom end just has to hold together.

I saw your post about Buckhead Imports LTs (out of business for a reason after one look at their header design, pre cut and weld garbage with cheap collectors and cheater bends or non parallel cut and welds for days):

Click the image to open in full size.

A 700HP car needs a 3” full exhaust period, end of story. 2.5” is simply not sufficient for anything over 500HP N/A let alone blown.

Later in Post #43 of the same thread you state:

Originally Posted by Combo
I still don't understand why you are pursuing the 4-1 design at all.

It's been tried, the results were not great.

It's been confirmed by the guy who actually worked on the development the AJ-V8 that a Tri-Y design (suitably sized) will be better in several ways.

Again, because of the firing order, cylinders 6 & 8 firing sequentially, loss of volumetric efficiency, charge robbing, etc...

Nobody's stopping you from doing it your way, but it seems a shame to make the same mistakes as others who tried it before you.
Do you know when and why Tri-Y headers were conceived? By Ford in the 60s as a space concession in the engine bay, sometimes a 4 into 1 won’t fit, but when they will they always produce superior numbers vs a comparably designed Tri-Y—Unless you are (again stating this) running a very narrow powerband ala NASCAR. 4 into 1s don’t care about firing order because the 4 into 1 merge collectors scavenge from 4 cylinders each, they also increase velocity at the cone/spike neckdown which aids in HP and TQ production. 4 into 1s also always produce more average HP and TQ than a Tri Y, and avg hp and tq is what wins races not peak hp and torque. Now again let me state for the record PD supercharged engines care the least about exhaust design. 4 into 1s are superior but the blower is the limiting factor not the exhaust design. It’s pushing air through the engine at near constant boost levels across the rpm band.

I’m sorry to say that factory engineers are not always Gods or even close to it. Most have never built an engine and have very specific duties. I cannot think of a single supercharged engine that has ever made more avg or peak hp and tq than a 4 into 1.

Post #58
Originally Posted by combo
Yep the RSR engines are a different firing order.
in response to Post #57
Originally Posted by FrickenJag
Tony and the guys did a great job with that engine. I'm dying to get my hands on a billet block and heads from them. Nicely engineered set of headers as well on that engine setup. I just noticed it appears to be a 4-1 collector setup. The cams were modified with a new firing order for more optimum flow.
As you just stated yourself knowingly or not, firing order doesn’t mean anything with a 4 into 1 design, the proof (for the non believers anyway) is in your quote, the RSRs have a diff firing order.

Last word on this as I’m dead tired in Detriot otw to CA now. Properly designed and manufactured 4 into 1s or even Tri-Ys will both gain power and torque vs the stock logs, there is ZERO chance of this not happening. Also the 2.5” to 3.0” increase in pipe diameter behind the collectors or after the final Y is hugely beneficial to engines making 700HP or more with forced induction.

Vmax is willing to do it, they black label headers and catbacks for other tuners, they just don’t think there’s enough demand for such a low production volume car with most owners leaving them stock and others satisfied with the stock exhaust sound—which is pretty damn good for a stock exhaust I must admit. But I’m a power junkie and if enough F type owners come forward we can have a proven full exhaust made in the U.S.A. with U.S. stainless steel and an optimal design. No offense to any other manufacturer.

Originally Posted by Combo
This is the first time I saw a bigger crank pulley for an AJ133, who made it? Why did you think it was necessary? Last nights 11.7 @ 122 was with stock pulleys, we haven't touched the engine at all.

In any case i'd prefer to step back a bit from this thread.

It's your thread.

It's your car, it's your money, you're going to shoot for the moon regardless of what anyone says. So go for it and let us know the result.

If I find anything more to answer the questions i'll post it up, but now I've got to get back to work.... https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...lies/frown.gif
Combo, first and most importantly no hard feelings brother. We are all in this together. You are more than welcome (I hope you do) to continue to post.

Vmax made it, it should increase boost by 4psi when using a stock upper pulley, a bit more with the smaller 1.8psi I have on now and others use as well. In theory putting me right at the edge of peak efficiency for this supercharger.

Why is adding boost necessary to make more power with a forced induction engine??? Well, how else are you going to make more power and torque besides a larger supercharger after an ECU tune?

Remember, boost is simply a measurement of restriction or backpressure relevant only to the engine it’s measured on. 20psi from a 2.3L stock hardware ZR1 (less pulley) is not the same mass of air moving through the motor as 20psi from a 2.3L ZR1 with ported heads, cams, LTs, exhaust—same boost level, but far more air (HP) being moved. Another benefit to adding LTs and a full 3” exhaust is dropping boost pressure (heat), IATs, and EGTs which not only make power and torque and allow you to run more consistently but also increases engine durability and longevity.

Ok catch you guys tom, I’m BEAT.

Hasta!!!

Attached Thumbnails My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-image.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
Panthro (05-29-2016)
Old 11-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a question i ran a dyno with my '16 RWD R 3 months back on a rwd dynojet and pulled a good 502whp and 477 ft-lb, so would that mean if i did the same tune and pulley id gain close to 100whp?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mohamedjaweed
I have a question i ran a dyno with my '16 RWD R 3 months back on a rwd dynojet and pulled a good 502whp and 477 ft-lb, so would that mean if i did the same tune and pulley id gain close to 100whp?
Your actual results could be close to that 100hp increase with the same pulley and tune. However, don't rely on the absolute numbers. Your dyno seems to be running higher than most and suggesting only an 8% drive train loss which is not likely.

In order to determine the viability of James' tune, we really need to see the data log with particular focus on the A/F ratios along the full spectrum of engine speeds.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Your actual results could be close to that 100hp increase with the same pulley and tune. However, don't rely on the absolute numbers. Your dyno seems to be running higher than most and suggesting only an 8% drive train loss which is not likely.

In order to determine the viability of James' tune, we really need to see the data log with particular focus on the A/F ratios along the full spectrum of engine speeds.
Yes that is what i thought but i took it to 3 different dynos and they all put the same numbers so i guessed the car is just underrated

Old 11-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Of course it is about durability but there is literally no chance that Jaguar offers 575HP, obviously having to be durable and follow all factory warranties and then 700HP is where everything starts to fall apart. Nobody drives at 100% all the time. There are ten year old Porsches with 1000hp, daily driving just fine. More likely Jaguar will offer around 600HP with the SVR how could adding less than 18% more power output above and beyond that be terminal? They are not going to offer a factory version this close to what is claimed causing premature failure on the engine. I am personally not searching for max hp on my cars. I do a pulley and a tune, done so on almost every single car I owned. But to each their own, you decide what is right for you and what you enjoy.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well done man, if you don't mind me asking how much it cost you and i'm pretty sure we are all looking forward for a 0-60 time

Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
jamesjaguar, our V8R's don't have launch control, only the V6 models do.
We dont need it, just mash the throttle lol
Ugh, that sucks!!! I thought the2016s had it for sure L

Anyone with a 2016awd play around with launch rpm to find the optimal brake torquing point? I realize this will vary with traction but just to get an idea of what the actual converter stall speed is.

Thanks!

Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mohamedjaweed
Congrats on the new rwd ride! With drag radials you would definitely be significantly quicker and faster than my car is due to the lower weight and less driveline loss (rwd 18% vs awd 22%).

Based on my gains (peak to peak) of 98awhp and 93awtq and overall gains (largest gains you can see on the graph, I gained over 115awhp at lower rpm not shown) and 80+awtq at lower rpm. That’s with the low end figure of 22% driveline loss with AWD. With your lesser rwd DT loss (4% less using the low end number 18% rwd vs 22% awd) your wheel numbers would no question be higher and definitely over a 100rwhp gain.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 PM

AFR is closed loop, therefore there is no need to teach the ECU what to do.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kamiar
well done man, if you don't mind me asking how much it cost you and i'm pretty sure we are all looking forward for a 0-60 time
Thanks!

I’ll be getting Vbox numbers this week and will post them asap. Just playing catch up with work like I’m sure most of the forum. I’d expect them by Friday J

VMax is an official sponsor of this site now. I think they are waiting on their graphic designer to finish their logo, otherwise all I know is that there will be an initial sale for forum members for the tuning and pulley or just the tuning.

You can email them at sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com now for more information.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member

AFR is closed loop, therefore there is no need to teach the ECU what to do.
Check your data log. We did not experience that with the reduction pulley on the V6. It can run over lambda 1.0 (14.5 AFR) at full throttle at lower rpm. The tune needs to correct for that.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Check your data log. We did not experience that with the reduction pulley on the V6. It can run over lambda 1.0 (14.5 AFR) at full throttle at lower rpm. The tune needs to correct for that.
Here are my A/Fs on the dyno. Mid to high 11s up top. As you can see the factory tune is very rich especially for direct injection. I’m right where I should be with DI and a positive displacement blower. Enough extra fuel to cool down the intake charge after the blower heats up the compressed air.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-2015-jag-f-type-tune-results.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello Gentlemen,

We will post an initial sale price in a separate thread for our AJ Series III V8 ECU Tuning as well as our supercharger pulleys after James posts his VBox results here. You can PM us or email us at sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com for more information in the meantime (two days give or take). Thank you for allowing us to serve you, we greatly look forward to taking this platform to the next level and beyond.

William (aka Bill) Jones

The following 2 users liked this post by VMaxTuning:
Dremorg (12-02-2015), jm717 (12-02-2015)

Quick Reply: My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned