Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesjaguar
Here are my A/Fs on the dyno. Mid to high 11s up top. As you can see the factory tune is very rich especially for direct injection. I’m right where I should be with DI and a positive displacement blower. Enough extra fuel to cool down the intake charge after the blower heats up the compressed air.

Thanks!
You are running a hair lean through 2300 rpm, but nothing that would disturb me too much. Looks like a fairly safe tune.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
Hello Gentlemen,

We will post an initial sale price in a separate thread for our AJ Series III V8 ECU Tuning as well as our supercharger pulleys after James posts his VBox results here. You can PM us or email us at sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com for more information in the meantime (two days give or take). Thank you for allowing us to serve you, we greatly look forward to taking this platform to the next level and beyond.

William (aka Bill) Jones
Let me know what you have for the V6.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
You are running a hair lean through 2300 rpm, but nothing that would disturb me too much. Looks like a fairly safe tune.
We didn't see any gains adding or removing fuel under ~4700rpm, we are running the stock AFs down low and in the midrange.

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Let me know what you have for the V6.
Do you have a tune or pulley now? Please send us a PM or email to further discuss.

Thank You

Old 12-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Interested in your developments...

Sent you an e-mail. Looking for a tuner with the time and knowledge to actually tune.

Chris

Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Hello Gentlemen,

We will post an initial sale price in a separate thread for our AJ Series III V8 ECU Tuning as well as our supercharger pulleys after James posts his VBox results here. You can PM us or email us at sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com for more information in the meantime (two days give or take). Thank you for allowing us to serve you, we greatly look forward to taking this platform to the next level and beyond.

William (aka Bill) Jones
Welcome to the forum Bill, and the rest of the team at VMax. It's great to see the aftermarket and tuning scene for Jaguars growing with more people in the game.

Originally Posted by cbroth1
Sent you an e-mail. Looking for a tuner with the time and knowledge to actually tune.

Chris
And welcome to you too Chris. When you get a moment stop by our new members area.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:36 AM

Jamesjaguar, thank you for initiating this thread. I think we will be talking soon.

And welcome to you too Chris. When you get a moment stop by our new members area.
Thanks Cambo, I've migrated to the Jaguar community from BMW and Audi. This is my first Jaguar and a great start. I can't leave any car alone and have numerous ideas about enhancing performance of the F-type. Interior and audio etc., are other topics...

I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities here. Hopefully as the brand builds a new generation of loyalists, this forum will continue to expand and flourish.

Chris

Old 12-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you guys have a handheld unit like GIAC?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by jamesjaguar
I agree 100% about the low rpm keeping things safe. 750HP I believe would be attainable with the supercharger we have. 800HP not sure if it could do it, would be great if true, but would probably be kicking out a ton of heat.

We really need a vendor to supply a larger supercharger. The displacement of the supercharger is the limiting factor as far as potential HP and TQ on any supercharged engine no matter how large or small the engine is.

Thanks for passing the info along!
Jamesjaguar, everything that I have dug up regarding the supercharger on the AJ133 motor indicates that it is a Gen 6 Eaton TVS R1900, which should be able to push more boost than most are running.

I would be interested in the idea of swapping to an R2300, but the OEM-specific case on the R2300 is longer and lacks the OEM case features that allow it to mount/integrate.

Not sure if the larger supercharger would get it much more though and would generate greater parasitic losses, but intriguing for sure.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may have missed it - any idea of what the duty cycle is on the fuel injectors are?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by speedhacks
I may have missed it - any idea of what the duty cycle is on the fuel injectors are?
It would be good to know how much fueling overhead we have at increased boost for sure.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

So here we are the last vbox or any numbers from my Jag until spring, car is already in winter storage as of 7am this morning. Going to keep it short and sweet as the numbers speak for themselves and I have to get to bed. I sent the pics and vbox files over to VMax to have them post this for me. They wanted to display the time & speed graphs and I don’t know how to work the Performance Box software like they do. To say I’m pleased with the results would be a huge understatement, thank you VMax!

In the pics of the VBox (what you can see in the car while testing without pulling the chip out and putting it in a laptop while driving) you can see I ran 3.2 seconds to 60 (actually three times) and 7.2 to 100mph (twice). You can also see a breakdown up to 70mph of a 3.2 second 0-60mph run up to 70mph (4.1 seconds to 70mph). Needless to say, happy as hell car is a Beast even with the non performance oriented wheels and tires I have on it now.

Thanks to Jay for the launch tips, I brought the brake stall rpms down to just off idle and still spun a bit but nothing close to what I was doing before!

Also attached are pics of my 21” ADV1’s with 295 Series Toyo Proxes. Obviously I’m shooting myself in the foot as far as performance with this wheel and tire package but it looks damn hot and I’m keeping them. J I do wish I would have left the factory wheels and tires on to test with however.

I’ll leave the rest to VMax to add to and post, thanks guys!

James

Attached Thumbnails My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-img_0790.jpg   My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-img_0794.jpg   My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-james0to60.jpg   My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-james0to60and0to100.jpg   My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-james0to70breakdown.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
Dremorg (12-06-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Default vbox breakdown from jamesjaguar's VMax MotorSports Tuned 2016 F Type R

Gentlemen, first of all a giant thanks to James for getting out there and getting us all results, we really appreciate it and we have a pleasant surprise for you, which is why we wanted James to send us the files.

As you can see, and for those not familiar with Vbox’s they round up to the next tenth on the display even if you’re at X.11 or .01 over .00 during any speed or time testing. The display only goes to the tenth, using the files we can get to the hundredth place. As you can see James’ car actually ran 3.11 seconds to 60mph and 7.10 seconds to 100mph then 11.93 seconds to 130mph. This was the from one of the 3.2 seconds to 60mph and 7.2 seconds to 100mph passes he made.

For the simple changes made (our ECU tuning and small upper supercharger pulley) the car is humping to say the least. We can’t stress enough how much the 21s with rubber band tires hurt launch, we very likely may have seen a 2.9x 0-60mph number on the factory wheels and tires. I know there is a lighter rwd F type running drag radials at ATCO somewhere at the top of dragtimes. You sir would be the prime 2.9X 0-60mph candidate especially at the track with VHT on the pad J 60-130mph James ran a best of 8.22 seconds, stock the best we can find using the same Vbox or Pbox GPS based data acquisition system is via Car and Driver magazine at 10.3 seconds.

Also for those that have PM’d, emailed and called us we apologize for the delay in response. We are trying to get setup, caught up and get the phone to work for more than 2hrs at a time. Minor issues that we’ll have sorted out shortly. We will respond to you asap. Thank you for contacting us. We will start a new thread with initial forum sale pricing for the forum members for both V6 and V8 cars over the weekend.

Thank You!

Vmax Motorsports

My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-james0to130.jpg

My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned-james60to130.jpg

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-04-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cambo
Welcome to the forum Bill, and the rest of the team at VMax. It's great to see the aftermarket and tuning scene for Jaguars growing with more people in the game.

Thank you Cambo, we are happy to be here, thanks for the warm welcome!

So we don't dilute James' thread we'll throw up a new thread for technical questions about our tuning and the forum sale pricing.

To answer one question asked in this thread, our ECU tuning is entirely reversible and not detectable by the dealer. This is one of the reasons why we use the software, tool and process we do.

Thanks Again,

VMax

Old 12-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I look forward to seeing that. Will you be publishing numbers for the V6 cars, both S and base?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

I know there is a lighter rwd F type running drag radials at ATCO somewhere at the top of dragtimes. You sir would be the prime 2.9X 0-60mph candidate especially at the track with VHT on the pad J 60-130mph James ran a best of 8.22 seconds, stock the best we can find using the same Vbox or Pbox GPS based data acquisition system is via Car and Driver magazine at 10.3 seconds.

Vmax Motorsports
Hey, I know that guy! You got email from me I have vbox and drag radials ready...

Old 12-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

James - awesome results! So good to see other f-type owners out there really getting at it with their cars

I know those 21's are hurting you...but DAMN those ADV1's are amazing - please post a full shot of them!

Old 12-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Thank you Cambo, we are happy to be here, thanks for the warm welcome!

So we don't dilute James' thread we'll throw up a new thread for technical questions about our tuning and the forum sale pricing.

To answer one question asked in this thread, our ECU tuning is entirely reversible and not detectable by the dealer. This is one of the reasons why we use the software, tool and process we do.

Thanks Again,

VMax
All non oem tunes show up when the dealer scans the car. It will even time stamp when it was done.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
All non oem tunes show up when the dealer scans the car. It will even time stamp when it was done.
Yep . . . hmmm. I wish they hadn't said that.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I don't know where you're getting this information from, another tuner or possibly a misinformed service adviser?

We've gotten around this issue with other brands of 2016 MY cars running the same family of ECUs (Bosch MED17s) and there is nothing special about the variants in the Jags.

Thanks
VMax

Old 12-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Philly Single
Hey, I know that guy! You got email from me I have vbox and drag radials ready...
Hello Jay, email received and please expect a reply tomorrow! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Philly Single
James - awesome results! So good to see other f-type owners out there really getting at it with their cars

I know those 21's are hurting you...but DAMN those ADV1's are amazing - please post a full shot of them!
They are some great looking wheels, even if they eat a few tenths, I have to admit.

Quick Reply: My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned