F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2016 Jag F Type R (Pics) Now Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Thursday 12/17/15 we will be in the Miramar/ Mira Mesa area for live tuning. Please email sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com for an exact address and times.

Thank You

VMax

Old 01-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Key question for James ....

My friend, congratulation on your new bad boy ride. Having a new 2016 car are you not worried about warrenty issues down the road? As a former owner of a BMW M5 sedan, the ONLY Tuning company I trusted was DINAN located in Callie. I live in NJ and I transported my car to there Morgan Hill facility to have the car converted into a S3 package, supercharged the engine. Reason & logic, yes, they are expensive but .... at least BMWUSA recognises DINAN as being a professional tuning company. Plus, DINAN matches BMW factory warrenty bumper to bumper.
What will you do should you encounter a issue or problem and you need to bring CSR to dealer and they tell you, your up a creek without a paddle because you altered the car, voiding your new car warrenty. For this reason, I am scared to deal with an unknown tuning outfit. Here today, possibly gone tomorrow. That was the fate of several BMW Tuning outfits in California.
Your thoughts please ....

Old 01-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default For the record ....

This is not meant to be a slight toward VMAX TUNING in any way !!!! I wish to make this very clear .I'm just geneealizing about tuning companies.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ubad2
This is not meant to be a slight toward VMAX TUNING in any way !!!! I wish to make this very clear .I'm just geneealizing about tuning companies.

None taken Sir.

First two factual statements (no offense meant in any way shape or form on our behalf):

1) There exists no such entity for Jaguar/LR products as Dinan.

2) I've never seen a Dinan car set any sort of performance record or for that matter even come close. Mod for mod, there isn't much bang for the buck being offered. Even the hideously expensive S85 V10 stroker kits (sourced from Noelle) made stock HP (because they didn't change cams) and a mere and non-optimal ~20lb/ft of extra torque (from the displacement and stroke, again more aggressive cams would have helped). One of the greatest N/A engines of all time, with a significant displacement bump, and the kits simply lower usable redline--which was part of the fun of those engines--and cost $30K+.

In these times of internet forums and social media, I pity the aftermarket tuner that wouldn't step up (if driveline damage was found to be their fault) and take care of the issue. Otherwise they would be out of business in a few days/weeks.

Thank You
VMax

The following users liked this post:
Ubad2 (01-04-2016)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

James, do you have an update on your car? I'm interested to hear how you are feeling about the tune and pulley after a longer term experience.

As for me, I'm trying to rack up enough miles to adapt the car fully post tune. I haven't yet installed the pulley, however. All I can say is that the car is feeling faster in the lower gears for sure and gets faster each time I drive. Thus far, I'm not pushing it hard or tracking it until I rack up more miles of bedding-in. At that point, the pulley will go on. Of course, El Niño isn't helping out at all....

Old 01-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Chris,

James' car has been in storage since the day after he ran the VBox times posted in this thread. I emailed him a link to this thread to answer your question but he may still be on vacation, I'll shoot him a text now.

We do have another forum member that's now running our tuning (already had an upper SC pulley), who was previously running another brand of tuning. The difference in results in both SOTP and VBox numbers are thus far quite impressive, since he's still in the tune break-in phase (weather delayed) we'll wait for him to post his own impressions of the tuning along with his objective data in the very near future. Fingers crossed a track will open up for a private rental soon as well.

Thank You
VMax

Old 01-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
Chris,

James' car has been in storage since the day after he ran the VBox times posted in this thread. I emailed him a link to this thread to answer your question but he may still be on vacation, I'll shoot him a text now.

We do have another forum member that's now running our tuning (already had an upper SC pulley), who was previously running another brand of tuning. The difference in results in both SOTP and VBox numbers are thus far quite impressive, since he's still in the tune break-in phase (weather delayed) we'll wait for him to post his own impressions of the tuning along with his objective data in the very near future. Fingers crossed a track will open up for a private rental soon as well.

Thank You

VMax

Thanks for the update Bill,

I'm looking forward to getting my car on the dyno and the track soon. Hopefully we can organize a visit to the track here in SoCal soon. I'm game for that for sure. Now I just need to find a shop that has a puller I can use to remove the stock pulley!

Chris

Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

Wrong thread... this can be deleted ;-)

Old 01-13-2016, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by avos
Wrong thread... this can be deleted ;-)

No sweat. Your original message was spot on. We'd like to mount a 2.9L twin screw on the 5.0L but as you stated it's cost prohibitive and would require internal upgrades (rods, pistons, rings, head studs, bearings, etc.) for us to feel "good" about doing so. Tapping the OEM 1.9L TVS blower is more than likely going to serve the needs of the vast majority of our customer base. That said if someone has the hankering and understands they will need to bankroll the project, we have the means.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

Agree indeed, I would also seriously start to doubt the strength of the internals if you want to do it right as the TS would only make sense here when really shooting for very high numbers (i.e. 800hp or so). Would be a nice project though ;-)

The following users liked this post:
VMaxTuning (01-14-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Former Sponsor

A rwd post V-Max ECU remap (vs a competitor's tuning) posted by "Philly Single":

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-world-156211/

Thank You
VMax