F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New Daily.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default My New Daily.....

Fellow F-Type and Jaguar brethren..... I let go of my 2011 Jaguar XJL-Supercharged. She was getting a little up there in age and recently started having that notorious roof popping issue that is so common with XJ’s. And she was on her 3rd blown Bowers & Wilkins speaker. So the time was right to move on. So say hello to my new daily driver..... THE M5 KILLING, E63 ANNIHILATING, RS7 DESTROYER..... (drum roll please)

2018 Cadillac CTS-V!!!!! #NotYourGranddaddysCaddy

Old 06-28-2018, 04:10 PM

So this is actually my first American car. I feel like Cadillac and Jaguar are very similar brands. Both were at one time or another, the cream of the crop and highly respected brands. Both are currently heavy underdogs when compared to the Big German 3. And both give u a lot of value for what you’re paying, when compared to their more successful German counterparts. The CTS-V is loaded with tons of standard features. Even the most basic CTS-V comes with standard heated/ventilated front seats, navi, backup camera, front cameras, heads-up display, a true HD camera that can also be displayed on your rear view mirror, wireless charging, brembo brakes, etc. All standard! Mine has the optional Recaro seats, luxury package, panoramic roof, gold Brembo calipers.

Last edited by sgvkirbster; 06-28-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Yes...But it's a 4-door, grandpa.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
bigdaddy (07-05-2018), Don1954 (06-29-2018), Queen and Country (07-10-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Old 06-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes...But it's a 4-door, grandpa.
Hahaha. I need a 4 door for a daily. And I still have my F-Type for the weekends or whenever I’m bored. One thing though, the F-Type has really spoiled me. This straight from the factory 640 HP sedan doesn’t impress me the way it might impress someone else. Lol. Having said that, it’s a very good combination of power and luxury.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Maybe it needs an exhaust upgrade already?

Old 06-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by sgvkirbster

Hahaha. I need a 4 door for a daily. And I still have my F-Type for the weekends or whenever I’m bored. One thing though, the F-Type has really spoiled me. This straight from the factory 640 HP sedan doesn’t impress me the way it might impress someone else. Lol. Having said that, it’s a very good combination of power and luxury.
Congrats...Nice Ride!

The following users liked this post:
sgvkirbster (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
Maybe it needs an exhaust upgrade already?
Hahaha. I told myself I’m gonna leave the car alone for awhile. But knowing myself, there will probably be tons of upgrades soon. But before I touch the exhaust, I think I’ll do something about the intake first. More supercharger whine is a beautiful thing!

Old 06-28-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Congrats...Nice Ride!
Thanks!

Old 06-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Bad *** ride! I've owned a couple of CTS-V's, I think they look menacing! As you noted, you get alot of bang-for-buck, tons of options and nice cabin to spend time in...although the Germans are still ahead in the interior aspect. That suspension is fantastic as well, car is incredibility balanced and very confidence inspiring at high speed maneuvers. I just wish GM would offer an AWD option. It would change your perception about that 640HP power delivery!

The new M5, E63AMG and RS7 obviously have AWD and are running incredible 0-60mph times. M5 and AMG can even shut off the AWD so you can drift if you desire!

Good choice though, I'd seriously consider the CTS-V again if I were in the market.

The following users liked this post:
sgvkirbster (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by VR46
Bad *** ride! I've owned a couple of CTS-V's, I think they look menacing! As you noted, you get alot of bang-for-buck, tons of options and nice cabin to spend time in...although the Germans are still ahead in the interior aspect. That suspension is fantastic as well, car is incredibility balanced and very confidence inspiring at high speed maneuvers. I just wish GM would offer an AWD option. It would change your perception about that 640HP power delivery!

The new M5, E63AMG and RS7 obviously have AWD and are running incredible 0-60mph times. M5 and AMG can even shut off the AWD so you can drift if you desire!

Good choice though, I'd seriously consider the CTS-V again if I were in the market.
I too wished the CTS-V to be AWD. But a lot of these “traditional” muscle car fans would have a fit if that were to have happened. Though that ability to manually switch between awd and rwd in the new M5 is a good compromise. I agree that the e63 and rs7 have prettier interiors than the CTS-V. But I cannot agree with the M5. In my opinion, it is by far the plainest interior of the 4 aforementioned. Even the new ones. Quality of materials? All about the same. Not much difference. I’ve been in all of them except the newest M5. Nothing feels cheap or plasticy in the CTS-V. In fact, the paddle shifters are way better than our f-types. (Guess that’s not saying much though lol). Heads-up Display is better than the one I had in my 650i Gran Coupe. As far as performance goes, I know the caddy loses a few tenths to the Germans because of the lack of awd. But after that quarter mile, I guarantee u it’ll run down all the germans. And though I’m not really a track guy, I know that the CTS-V achieved the 2nd best time ever for a sedan in C&D’s lightning lap. The E63S takes the cake in that one. My biggest complaint? The tranny in the CTS-V isn’t all that responsive. Down-shifts are slow. Definitely nothing like the f-type shifts. I guess cuz it’s still more luxury car than anything, GM didn’t tune it like the Z06. But yeah, when you’re in the market for one again, give it another run.....

Old 06-29-2018, 02:03 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Congrats and enjoy your new V Mr. Sgvkirbster.

They are menacing looking and sounding too for that matter.

Glad you kept the F!

Old 06-29-2018, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Don1954
Congrats and enjoy your new V Mr. Sgvkirbster.

They are menacing looking and sounding too for that matter.

Glad you kept the F!
Thanx Don. I just might keep the F-Type forever. Lol

Old 06-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Wish they restyle that 4 door Corvette & add convertible...

Old 06-29-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by NavyBlue
Wish they restyle that 4 door Corvette & add convertible...
They may eventually release another coupe and wagon version.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:14 PM
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice going! You are truly a CAR GUY. My only Caddy was a luxury and a treat for my bride. Might consider them again with this new gen.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 16fnrbrg
Nice going! You are truly a CAR GUY. My only Caddy was a luxury and a treat for my bride. Might consider them again with this new gen.
Haha thanx. Yes, give these new caddies a chance.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats, nice car, and I'll bet you got a pretty fair deal. I had shopped the ATS-V manual coupe against the F-Type 6 cyl. Glad I ended up with the F, but for a while it was close.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jim F
Congrats, nice car, and I'll bet you got a pretty fair deal. I had shopped the ATS-V manual coupe against the F-Type 6 cyl. Glad I ended up with the F, but for a while it was close.
Yes. I got $8k off MSRP. It was an end of the month special. I wouldn’t mind a manual if I didn’t live in LA. Lol

Old 06-30-2018, 08:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice choice! I'm a little bias to the CTS-V since I just traded mine in last week for the F-Type SVR. I loved that car though. I did consider the new V but I just didn't want the 4 door. Wish they would go back to making a coupe. My last 3 cars were all Cadillacs (STS/CTS/CTS-V) and never have had an issue with them. I hope Jaguar is the same. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My New Daily.....