F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Quicksilver exhaust has been on for over a month now

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default My Quicksilver exhaust has been on for over a month now

I would recommend! I feel that it took around 200 miles to break in, as the cracks and burbles that are on the stock exhaust are now a deeper and meaner tone (in that sweet spot of the 4k rpm mark). The sound overall has a definite exotic note to it. There have been numerous times that I was told by strangers at the gym, at a stoplight, in parking lots, that they thought my F-type was a Lambo or a Ferrari by the sound of it before actually seeing it. I have become so used to the new sound that I would be interested in comparing mine from stock sound with any Chicago area owner. It could be fun to get some sound clips of the cars together to hear the actual difference.

Here is a quick start up clip I took shortly after I had it installed. Sorry for it being out of focus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmw...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by doctordeuce; 06-06-2015 at 11:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MagnumPI (06-08-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

nice. would love to hear/see video if possible.

-T

Old 06-07-2015, 03:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Is it just me, or are the tailpipes not quite level?

Old 06-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Is it just me, or are the tailpipes not quite level?
It was the anlge of the camera...I had just propped it on a plastic milk crate.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by doctordeuce
I would be interested in comparing mine from stock sound with any Chicago area owner. It could be fun to get some sound clips of the cars together to hear the actual difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmw...ature=youtu.be
As another base owner I'd love to see and hear the difference. This could be very interesting.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am an owner of 2016 base as well, I know this is newbie question, but i'm not all that versed in exhausts, but did this do anything for horse power at all? Curious as well, how much it ran you?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by themeatbaron
I am an owner of 2016 base as well, I know this is newbie question, but i'm not all that versed in exhausts, but did this do anything for horse power at all? Curious as well, how much it ran you?
"Cat-back" aftermarket exhaust systems rarely show any significant HP or torque gains, regardless of what the manufacturers claim. The difference should be close to nothing on the F-Type since the OEM system is pretty free-flowing. In the F-Type case, it's for people who want to go from "very loud" to "very, very loud."

With regard to price, the answer is very pricey. Price can be seen in the link below:

JAGUAR Exhaust

Tp10XKR (01-15-2020)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:45 AM

I appreciate the reply, it's all about reward for $ spent, just trying to do research and determine if it's for me. thanks again.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

The exhaust restrictions on the F-Type occur between the exhaust manifold and the cats. Thus the aftermarket cat backs are all about sound.

FrickenJag (06-12-2015)
Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Exactly what Foosh said.
The main restrictions are certainly the cats and the exiting diameter of the manifold. These engines , at these power levels above 500hp, start craving larger diameter piping.
The ideal area for best gains would be headers and high flow cats. This is where you will see the best performance for the buck. The standard exhaust flows fairly well but is limited by the manifold merge and the cats.
The current exhaust upgrades offered are more for the pleasure of enjoying the drive more and alarming your neighbors, which I think is well worth the expense.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
"Cat-back" aftermarket exhaust systems rarely show any significant HP or torque gains, regardless of what the manufacturers claim. The difference should be close to nothing on the F-Type since the OEM system is pretty free-flowing. In the F-Type case, it's for people who want to go from "very loud" to "very, very loud."

With regard to price, the answer is very pricey. Price can be seen in the link below:

JAGUAR Exhaust
Price seems pretty reasonable, at least compared with the Capristo. Does the system preserve the ability to switch the exhaust from quiet to loud using the factory button?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:36 PM

That's a good question, I'll have a look into that.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Price seems pretty reasonable, at least compared with the Capristo. Does the system preserve the ability to switch the exhaust from quiet to loud using the factory button?

Doesn't look like it. It no longer has the valves that are controlled by the Active Exhaust System.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

The Quicksilver has no valves. It has one volume, incredibly loud.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys!

Probably the wrong place to put my introduction but I own a 2014 F type base and have had the quicksilver exhaust on for two and a half months now!

I love the sound, especially at idle and on WOT! It sounds INCREDIBLE!

However I'm having massive issues with exhaust drone at around 1900-2500 RPM. Matters got worse when my girlfriend was diagnosed with slight hearing loss and is now going mental everytime we go for a drive.

Can anyone recommend any solutions for this? I've read a ton of things online that says J pipes, glasspacks, clamps, resonators, dynomat, etc will fix them and I have no idea which is the best solution!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, theres a picture of the exhaust a few posts above!

I've already taken videos of before and after. Am just waiting to get this issue sorted so I can upload all 3 sounds for everyone!

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by ss23; 09-15-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ss23
Hi guys!

Probably the wrong place to put my introduction but I own a 2014 F type base and have had the quicksilver exhaust on for two and a half months now!

I love the sound, especially at idle and on WOT! It sounds INCREDIBLE!

However I'm having massive issues with exhaust drone at around 1900-2500 RPM. Matters got worse when my girlfriend was diagnosed with slight hearing loss and is now going mental everytime we go for a drive.

Can anyone recommend any solutions for this? I've read a ton of things online that says J pipes, glasspacks, clamps, resonators, dynomat, etc will fix them and I have no idea which is the best solution!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, theres a picture of the exhaust a few posts above!

I've already taken videos of before and after. Am just waiting to get this issue sorted so I can upload all 3 sounds for everyone!

Thanks in advance guys!
Are you not able to put the stock exhaust system back on the car?

Old 09-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BierNut
Are you not able to put the stock exhaust system back on the car?
I am but thats probably the last resort, only if I'm unable to fix the exhaust drone. Would be a shame though, it's amazing otherwise!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Next solution I would suggest is trying to add in a high flow resonator in the mid section, or 1/4 Wave resonator parallel to the muffler.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds awesome. I'd love to hear a drive by of it.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Just buy your gf earplugs. You could try Doppler Heres or Hushes to actively mute the drone while still maintaining conversation.

Quick Reply: My Quicksilver exhaust has been on for over a month now