F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My very first Jaguar and I'm thrilled!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 04:03 PM
Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts
Talking My very first Jaguar and I'm thrilled!

So I finally got my 2017 R and I've already washed it (because I have to). The car is plenty fun! I took possession of my R yesterday and am already looking into getting the windows tinted as well as shopping for new tires and maybe treat myself to get the car tuned. Enough of me talking for now. On with the photos!

On a side note, if someone can help me find the part number and source for a missing mirror housing.

The following users liked this post:
FType4Me (04-08-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 04:06 PM

Here's a link I found for the mirror housing unit: https://www.jaguarparts.com/v-2017-j...utside-mirrors

Old 03-31-2020, 04:15 PM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Oh man, did that happen during transport ?

There is a nice set of red mirror covers on eBay I was looking at.... thinking of getting them and painting them black to match the surround. But you need more then me. You can also get the housing used for about half price of new. Lots to choose from.

best of luck with your new ride, may the mirror be the only issue you have with her.

Last edited by Tp10XKR; 03-31-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR
Oh man, did that happen during transport ?

There is a nice set of red mirror covers on eBay I was looking at.... thinking of painting them black to match the surround. But you need more then me.

best of luck with your new ride, may the mirror be the only issue you have with her.
Actually, the dealer sold it that way. Fortunately for me, I downloaded all their photos before the listing was taken down. I find it hard to imagine a professional dealership selling a car that was missing a part that was so obvious. But they did...which pisses me off. The carrier took photos of the car before it was loaded, and even they noticed that mirror housing was broken or missing that component.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the dealership comes through for me and buys me a replacement mirror housing and also pays for the installation.

Tp10XKR (03-31-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 05:13 PM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

Congratulations on your new F Type. Once you get your mirror fixed, add the tint and touch up and detail some of the minor imperfections you mentioned in an earlier post you'll be good to go. Nice color and rim combination, how many miles and why does it still have a California plate? Must be a transport requirement.

Pcar2Jag (03-31-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 06:11 PM
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

You sir have some ***** . In some of the worst of times I'm glad you have the confidence to buy such a nice ride. Enjoy.

Pcar2Jag (03-31-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Portlander
Congratulations on your new F Type. Once you get your mirror fixed, add the tint and touch up and detail some of the minor imperfections you mentioned in an earlier post you'll be good to go. Nice color and rim combination, how many miles and why does it still have a California plate? Must be a transport requirement.
I bought it from California, and they forgot to include all the documents but left the plates inside the car for some reason. I don't get it. In any case, I agree that I need to get those things fixed and feel much better about the car.

The car has 15k miles on it. I've been finding excuses to drive it everywhere today.

Originally Posted by pjazz
You sir have some ***** . In some of the worst of times I'm glad you have the confidence to buy such a nice ride. Enjoy.
LOL thanks. Like I stated in the other thread when I was shopping, there's nothing here in Minnesota to find. The local dealers had brand new ones or the convertibles. I'm glad I went out of state to find this car.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:18 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Another issue: the bikini in your avatar may clash with IRR.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
Another issue: the bikini in your avatar may clash with IRR.
So you're saying that the bikini needs to be trashed while she stands in front of the IRR? I like the way you think, sir.

The following 2 users liked this post by Pcar2Jag:
Mbourne (04-01-2020), scm (04-01-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy your ride!!

Old 03-31-2020, 07:18 PM
Received 173 Likes on 79 Posts

Beautiful car! At times like these it's nice to see someone get something they've always wanted. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll find the bits and pieces that you need. The people on this forum can find anything...

Pcar2Jag (04-01-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 07:19 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Beautiful car! So happy for you, and can't wait to hear more as you start to mod it!

Thanks for the tip with Discount Tires Direct! I ended up ordering from them, as they were the only place that could get my tires in a reasonable period of time. They should be in Thursday or Friday, so I should be back on the road (hopefully not blowing tires) again by the weekend!

Pcar2Jag (04-01-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Congrats on the car! Sorry to hear/read about the mirror.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Congratulations! Nice looking car. I bought out of state too, so I understand some of the anxiety and frustrations especially with documentation. We had to have them provide a second temporary tag as it took forever to get North Carolina and Florida to come to terms on issuing the registration and plates. Also, I hear you on finding any excuse to drive it. I took mine to Lowes about 3 times in the first week. The wife got on me a little about not taking here F Pace, but a ceiling fan fits fine in the passenger seat!

Old 04-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

I bought out of state twice and had issues both times. First was a Volvo that the dealer was insisting I had not payed enough sales tax on, when in fact all taxes had been paid.

Second was an F-Type that had my last name misspelled on the registration. The dealer claimed they sent in the correct spelling. Luckily the DMV admitted their mistake after some convincing and even waived all the fees to get the registration corrected.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Woo hoo welcome to the IRR club

The following 2 users liked this post by SS4PK:
Pcar2Jag (04-01-2020), Tp10XKR (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Portlander
In California, plates go with the car when it is sold.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:37 PM

I was wondering about the plates in the car. Now I can hang it up on my garage wall.

Took my R in to the local dealership here. Great bunch of guys who seem to be really helpful. Got to hang out in the shop next to my car and talk about cars.

So they found a caliper hanger/hook on my upper control arm that the California dealership mechanic failed to take off. Idiot. We also discovered that they did not provide the lug key nor the air compressor for the car. Furthermore, I had a major noise issue coming from the wheel area. We found the problem and fixed it. They're ordering a new temp sensor because the car is stuck at 45º and I know it's colder than that here. Side mirror is going to be over $1k, which I'm not going to pay for.

Needless to say, I'm looking into legal options against the dealership. The sales manager is ignoring my calls, texts, and emails today. I'm waiting for California DMV to call me back so I can look into other options against the dealership.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying the car and will eventually get it back to my high level of expectations for this car.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

I wouldn't hold my breath with the CA DMV. They shut down all their filed offices and they are running a skeletal staff. I tried to register a car a little better than a week ago and found that they won't even look at that for weeks, at best.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:56 PM

I spoke with an investigator, so I'm dealing with a non-registration issue. However, I thought it was odd that the dealership works with a 3rd party company to conduct registration and titling processes. So we shall see how this plays out.

Good luck with your registration process, eeeek.

Quick Reply: My very first Jaguar and I'm thrilled!