F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My very first Jaguar and I'm thrilled!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I wouldn't hold my breath with the CA DMV. They shut down all their filed offices and they are running a skeletal staff. I tried to register a car a little better than a week ago and found that they won't even look at that for weeks, at best.
I just got my car from Missouri with a paper temporary tag on the back. Can't pay the taxes, get the tag transferred, or get it inspected, as the tag places are all closed in PA until at least 4/30.

The paper tag expires 4/18. The good news is that I believe PA automatically extended licenses and registrations that are due to expire in April, so I should be OK until 5/31. After blowing a tire on Friday, I did take it to a local dealership, where they checked it out and performed the scheduled annual maintenance. Aside from needing tires and alignment, everything else looks good. Suspension is fine, brakes are excellent. I dodged a bullet buying site unseen! Knock on wood, the only problem I've had has been this tire (which is no one's fault, except maybe PennDOT) and with the idiot transporter, who put nearly 100 miles on my car before delivering it!

Old 04-01-2020, 04:17 PM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by camstang6907
I just got my car from Missouri with a paper temporary tag on the back. Can't pay the taxes, get the tag transferred, or get it inspected, as the tag places are all closed in PA until at least 4/30.

The paper tag expires 4/18. The good news is that I believe PA automatically extended licenses and registrations that are due to expire in April, so I should be OK until 5/31. After blowing a tire on Friday, I did take it to a local dealership, where they checked it out and performed the scheduled annual maintenance. Aside from needing tires and alignment, everything else looks good. Suspension is fine, brakes are excellent. I dodged a bullet buying site unseen! Knock on wood, the only problem I've had has been this tire (which is no one's fault, except maybe PennDOT) and with the idiot transporter, who put nearly 100 miles on my car before delivering it!
Im a police Officer in PA, and you are correct that the deadlines have been extended into May at this point....maybe longer as this pandemic continues. That’s ridiculous that the transporter was out joy riding your car. Get yourself some Michelin’s and you will be happy you did.

The following users liked this post:
FType4Me (04-09-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR
Im a police Officer in PA, and you are correct that the deadlines have been extended into May at this point....maybe longer as this pandemic continues. That’s ridiculous that the transporter was out joy riding your car. Get yourself some Michelin’s and you will be happy you did.
Where in PA are you located? There isn't much to do other than drive around, but I'm afraid to get pulled over for driving an extremely loud (albeit stock) Ultra Blue SVR with a seemingly expired paper tag and no inspection stickers!

Old 04-01-2020, 04:56 PM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

According to his profile, looks like North Wales which is about 20 miles NW of downtown Philly. You may have a cruising buddy who lives close by that is also in law enforcement to help keep you and your new SVR within 20 mph of the legal speed limit!

Tp10XKR (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Portlander
According to his profile, looks like North Wales which is about 20 miles NW of downtown Philly. You may have a cruising buddy who lives close by that is also in law enforcement to help keep you and your new SVR within 20 mph of the legal speed limit!
I know exactly where that is, and it isn't far! Looks like I may have a new friend indeed! 😉

Tp10XKR (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by camstang6907
I know exactly where that is, and it isn't far! Looks like I may have a new friend indeed! 😉
check you PM !

camstang6907 (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 05:17 PM
Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Haha! I love this forum and the group! You guys rock.

I'm being optimistic. The dealership is working with me to reimburse me for my expenses (past and future) as well as get my documents to me ASAP. I figure that I'm fortunate for my health and my family, so material things like the car and some issues are not that big of a deal in the scheme of things. I do want it resolved soon, but I'm not going to get depressed over it. I'll just drive it to the grocery stores and back.

The following 3 users liked this post by Pcar2Jag:
camstang6907 (04-01-2020), FType4Me (04-09-2020), Tp10XKR (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 05:21 PM

It's funny how many people notice this car and rubberneck. I'm impressed that some young kid was biking by yesterday and knew about the F Type. Good on him. Also funny how many people like to rev their engines as they drive by.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pcar2Jag
It's funny how many people notice this car and rubberneck. I'm impressed that some young kid was biking by yesterday and knew about the F Type. Good on him. Also funny how many people like to rev their engines as they drive by.
Our neighbor has seen people walking by the house taking pictures of it sitting in our driveway! As far as the kids our concerned, one of our neighbors has a little electric F-Type that his kids drive around. Maybe that's how these kids know about it!

Old 04-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Congrats on the car! Wonderful to see you took the plunge and joined the club. Looks great!

I know those initial things like the mirror and the caliper hanger are irritating and frustrating. But once you get them resolved you will love the experience. Don't let them or a difficult dealer spoil the experience!

Just got my SVR out after being holed up for the winter for 3 months and nice to have it back!
Happy driving!

Pcar2Jag (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 12:46 PM

Thank you, sir! I'm definitely enjoying the car. It feels wonderful and so comfortable! My wife and I went for a morning drive. Ended up in a small town next to the mighty Mississippi and had to take some photos.

The following 3 users liked this post by Pcar2Jag:
camstang6907 (04-05-2020), JacksonvilleJag (04-06-2020), Portlander (04-05-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 01:43 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Thank you, sir! I'm definitely enjoying the car. It feels wonderful and so comfortable! My wife and I went for a morning drive. Ended up in a small town next to the mighty Mississippi and had to take some photos.
I know that area. Miss it, but not the winters. If you're ever so inclined, there's some really nice roads in Wisconsin if you go across 94 into Hudson and head toward River Falls and Ellsworth. Quite a few windy and scenic roads along some small rivers and streams with some hills.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:35 PM

I know those roads, too! Some great roads going south on 35 towards Stockholm and further south. I know I'll be doing that this year.

JacksonvilleJag (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:18 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I know those roads, too! Some great roads going south on 35 towards Stockholm and further south. I know I'll be doing that this year.
Yes sir! Great roads, and mostly great memories. I did however, high side a motorcycle back in '96 near Ellsworth, WI. Still had some great drives/rides out there after that.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:33 AM

I hear Wisconsin has a high case of infections, and I believe they have strict rules and executive orders about being out and about. I am going to avoid Wisconsin for a while. Eventually, I'm going to make it to Ellsworth and visit the creamery again. That was fun.

On another note, I have a deep scratch on my driver side window that I know was there before I got the car. I'm thinking of getting it replaced through my insurance since I pay for glass replacement. I'm pretty sure the dealership in California will not pay for that.

JacksonvilleJag (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Got the windows tinted today! Opted for 35% all the way around including the brow on the windshield. It looks good! Can't wait to see the final result when it all cures and I can really detail the car. The shop tends to pride themselves on high end vehicles and is used to seeing nice cars like the F Type. Got a lifetime warranty on the tint, so that's a plus.

The following 2 users liked this post by Pcar2Jag:
camstang6907 (04-08-2020), JacksonvilleJag (04-09-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Got the windows tinted today! Opted for 35% all the way around including the brow on the windshield. It looks good! Can't wait to see the final result when it all cures and I can really detail the car. The shop tends to pride themselves on high end vehicles and is used to seeing nice cars like the F Type. Got a lifetime warranty on the tint, so that's a plus.
I also went with 35% great choice ! Let’s see some pics

camstang6907 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 02:55 PM
camstang6907 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I agree my first Jag

Like you I bought a coupe while the dealership was days from about to shut down. Pretty cool cars mine had a defect the original owner had to be wearing a back brace or leather jacket for 17,000 miles the die is partly rubbed off of the lower backrest with the light tan insert it looks dirty. The dealer also put a clear shield over it locking in a few minor scratches. My only other issue is the nav system, when I got the car the map wouldn’t show where we were it was in the ocean at first then after taking it to the local Jag dealer the car thinks it is in Germany! They think it is the gps antenna and ordered me one of course right part number came but the two plugs do not match alignment of the old. I think I might have been messing with the sign in page too much at first it remembered living in Oceanside, Ca. when I put in an address it thought it was still there telling me not enough fuel for that trip. So many features so little in common with my G37. Reading the manual just about everything nav related starts with distractions can lead to injury or death. Yeah I drive mountains mostly so I have to keep my eyes outside.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Charlieoneseven
Like you I bought a coupe while the dealership was days from about to shut down. Pretty cool cars mine had a defect the original owner had to be wearing a back brace or leather jacket for 17,000 miles the die is partly rubbed off of the lower backrest with the light tan insert it looks dirty. The dealer also put a clear shield over it locking in a few minor scratches. My only other issue is the nav system, when I got the car the map wouldn’t show where we were it was in the ocean at first then after taking it to the local Jag dealer the car thinks it is in Germany! They think it is the gps antenna and ordered me one of course right part number came but the two plugs do not match alignment of the old. I think I might have been messing with the sign in page too much at first it remembered living in Oceanside, Ca. when I put in an address it thought it was still there telling me not enough fuel for that trip. So many features so little in common with my G37. Reading the manual just about everything nav related starts with distractions can lead to injury or death. Yeah I drive mountains mostly so I have to keep my eyes outside.

I took my car to the dealership for tires and annual service and now my nav doesn't work! I took it back today because they overfilled it, and they disconnected the battery. Now the time won't even update! Something is wrong, but I certainly wasn't going to leave it there with them! I'll take it somewhere else to figure it out!

Quick Reply: My very first Jaguar and I'm thrilled!