Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY2016 deliveries

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Yes. Figure two or three days at the port, then it's loaded onto truck or train (dealer should know which). Then say a week to get to Dallas, then a day or two to dealer and prep. My bet is earliest April 13, maybe April 15 at the latest.
Except for the part where he replied back to me about the "holding 2016s at the port"

Old 03-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Except for the part where he replied back to me about the "holding 2016s at the port"
But you said that your dealer told you that you would be fine by then.

If cars are still getting held at port by then, then dates will move accordingly.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DuhCar
But you said that your dealer told you that you would be fine by then.

If cars are still getting held at port by then, then dates will move accordingly.

I don't believe EVERYTHING they tell me. I'm more curious to find out WHY there is a port hold on the 2016s... I don't think anyone has received one yet, and I may be one of the first few to get them. I just hope nobody else is waiting because there are holding them at port...

Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been told the only cars being held at port are the AWD versions. Apparently JLNA has something special in mind upon releasing these cars.
My car has been the states since 3/2. Latest word is that they MAY release them sometime next week.

Last edited by Micks41; 03-19-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

I don't believe EVERYTHING they tell me. I'm more curious to find out WHY there is a port hold on the 2016s... I don't think anyone has received one yet, and I may be one of the first few to get them. I just hope nobody else is waiting because there are holding them at port...
I wouldn't believe anything anyone tells you either... My car has been at the port yard since 3/3. Originally my estimated arrival date was 3/20 (tomorrow) but my dealer received news on Monday that my expected delivery date was moved back to "the week of 3/28". However on Tuesday one of the customer hotline managers called me and said when she checked Monday... that AWD vehicles weren't scheduled to be released from the port until mid-April. Following up with my dealer today he still says that my specific VIN in Jaguar's system is scheduled for "the week of 3/28". So who knows...

I'm more upset that noone can tell me precisely when my vehicle will be released. Yard holds are regular for a new car or a new model year. They can be short or long. Sometimes it is because a certain part wasn't available yet and they are waiting on that, or new software needs to be uploaded that fixes a problem, etc. But someone out there should know what the date they are going to be released is, and I shouldn't be told two different things when both the Jaguar Hotline and my dealer get their information from "the same place".

Old 03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I believe JLR's fiscal year end is March. For those waiting on '16 deliveries ... this could be part of the reason that they are being held at port?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

where exactly are these cars held at the port? Are they still in the stored out in the open? and where does JLR add any after market parts to it? I can see the port of Seattle from my place but just dont see a place where they'd keep cars out in storage.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe they are finalizing the new tune that puts down 612 hp. You know, since the AWD have more traction, they tweaked the output a bit.

Or maybe the AWD sucks and they need to patch in a fix...

UGH....

Funny (or not)... here is a thread about a port hold on the new BMW I3. Apparently they had a recall and needed new software...
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1869

Last edited by TXJagR; 03-19-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe they are finalizing the new tune that puts down 612 hp. You know, since the AWD have more traction, they tweaked the output a bit.
I highly doubt this is the case. They have not made any indications about upping the power level, so I doubt they'd do it just to be nice. Not to mention project 7 owners would be pissed.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I highly doubt this is the case. They have not made any indications about upping the power level, so I doubt they'd do it just to be nice. Not to mention project 7 owners would be pissed.
That was pretty much just a pipe dream. I know McLaren upped the hp in the 2012 - 2013 M4P-12C's with a software update. Can always hope Jaguar would do the same.

I sincerely hope that if the hold is due to any type of problem, they get it sorted out QUICKLY.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

I was able to get someone at jaguar to contact the marketing manager at the port. Apparently he said that the 2016 AWD models aren't yet certified between jaguar and the federal government, whatever that means, and that's the reason for the delay. They have no timetable for the vehicles release, but their "best guess" is late April.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I was able to get someone at jaguar to contact the marketing manager at the port. Apparently he said that the 2016 AWD models aren't yet certified between jaguar and the federal government, whatever that means, and that's the reason for the delay. They have no timetable for the vehicles release, but their "best guess" is late April.
Now that's an explanation that finally makes some sense. Since Jaguar is probably first to the party for MY 16's, they probably didn't start early enough with NHTSA on the federal certification process.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:29 PM

Now that's disappointing!! I wonder why my dealer can't get this information!! As of now they are expecting delivery late next week!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Micks41
Now that's disappointing!! I wonder why my dealer can't get this information!! As of now they are expecting delivery late next week!
My dealer swears by the same thing. Saying next week. I don't know who to believe but this is the first time I've heard some sort of an explenation, so I tend to believe this over the other claims.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

My dealer swears by the same thing. Saying next week. I don't know who to believe but this is the first time I've heard some sort of an explenation, so I tend to believe this over the other claims.
That could also mean that NHTSA approval and release could come at any time if JLRNA is "lobbying" hard enough. They're probably hedging their bets by using the April date, since customers are, no doubt, already disappointed.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
That could also mean that NHTSA approval and release could come at any time if JLRNA is "lobbying" hard enough. They're probably hedging their bets by using the April date, since customers are, no doubt, already disappointed.
I hope they didn't pick April out of random to tell customers. If the issue is the NTSB or some other US government agency, we might not see the 2016s until 2016...

Of course, this doesn't explain to me why someone was told it was only the AWD that were held, unless that's the first batch they produced and they are simply all AWD that were produced so far.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

Of course, this doesn't explain to me why someone was told it was only the AWD that were held, unless that's the first batch they produced and they are simply all AWD that were produced so far.
Carry over platforms aren't required to pass the regulations for a new model year unless the regulations themselves have changed. For instance, a 2016 model doesn't have to pass crash tests again if its the same as 2015. RWD models are carry over since they didn't have major structural changes, but the AWD is basically a new model that requires all the tests and certifications to be achieved again.

I will confirm that customers are already disappointed, because i'm disappointed. However, I knew this was a possibility all along, so not surprised.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

I hope they didn't pick April out of random to tell customers. If the issue is the NTSB or some other US government agency, we might not see the 2016s until 2016...

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is the certifying regulatory agency, just as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certifies new aircraft. NTSB only investigates transportation accidents and has no regulatory authority. NHTSA is also responsible for ordering safety recalls, but a manufacturer usually does it "voluntarily" under the threat of a NHTSA order.

However, a new MY vehicle sold in the U.S. must also complete the EPA fuel mileage measurement protocol, because it is required by law to be displayed on the Monroney sticker before it can be sold. Write your Congressman, because that body passed the legislation requiring all of the above.

And who's to say it's the Gov. agency holding things up, if JLRNA was late in providing NHTSA and EPA with the required data? That's normally the problem, and federal certification is usually all wrapped up before mass production begins and the first new MY cars ship.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 AM

Carry over platforms aren't required to pass the regulations for a new model year unless the regulations themselves have changed. For instance, a 2016 model doesn't have to pass crash tests again if its the same as 2015. RWD models are carry over since they didn't have major structural changes, but the AWD is basically a new model that requires all the tests and certifications to be achieved again.

I will confirm that customers are already disappointed, because i'm disappointed. However, I knew this was a possibility all along, so not surprised.
I too thought there was a possibility for a minor delay, but why did they tease us with the expectations of delivery? First it was 3/20, now 3/28 and with the very real possibility of it extending well into April?? The lack of communication has to be embarassing!!

If they weren't prepared, why did they stop excepting 2015 orders back in Nov.?!! I would have gladly/preferred to order a 2015 R rather than the AWD model!!

Again, very disappointing they don't have their s**t together for whatever the reason!

Last edited by Micks41; 03-21-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Apparently, some 2016's have cleared port. British Motor Car Distributors out of S.F. is advertising a 2016 V6 base AT. This would make sense as this is one of the carry-over models. Any AWD or MT models probably are still being held up. (MTs not coming until much later, anyway). So we may see more 2016 V6 and V6S ATs over the next few days.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-21-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: MY2016 deliveries