F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:43 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

I first contracted the track about one of their open track days, and they suggested an instructor who spent a lot of time there. I thought he was great, though we worked purely on getting my car around the track, not car control or anything else. Mainly lines and braking, which was fine for my first time on the track - I had a decent feel for it. He figured I could go solo on that track next time, if I wanted to. He loaned me a helmet.

I found the track to be very informal - no technical inspection at all.
GingerMan Raceway - More than a place to race.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
Awd (03-16-2016), Uncle Fishbits (03-17-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

DJS I note you are in / near Boston. The Boston BMW club have an active DE program with events at various tracks.....not sure a convert will be eligible....though they do have roll bars of a sort. That is something to check on.
Usually any large Audi, BMW, Corvette etc club will have a HPDE program, and usually welcome "off brands".
Time well wasted to be sure...
Alan

Old 03-16-2016, 10:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my 16' F-type R coupe for a month now and for some reason the battery is going flat at night.....I have noticed that the hazard triangle stays lit even after alarming and locking the car, when I start it in the mornings it says low battery on the display......any thoughts?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Bevis
I have had my 16' F-type R coupe for a month now and for some reason the battery is going flat at night.....I have noticed that the hazard triangle stays lit even after alarming and locking the car, when I start it in the mornings it says low battery on the display......any thoughts?
Yes...you need to reboot your battery management module. Disconnect the battery (ground or negative cable) for at least 10 seconds and then reconnect.It is easiest to do this where the ground cable is bolted to the body under the hidden storage tray in the trunk (all that just lifts out).

Old 03-17-2016, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes...you need to reboot your battery management module. Disconnect the battery (ground or negative cable) for at least 10 seconds and then reconnect.It is easiest to do this where the ground cable is bolted to the body under the hidden storage tray in the trunk (all that just lifts out).
I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks

Old 03-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I've been reading this comment about the hazard light staying illuminated after locking the car in a few threads lately, but isn't it normal for the hazard light to stay on for a minute or two afterwards? The same holds true with my BMWs--hazard light stays on but then goes out after a couple of minutes.
My R does the same thing, and I haven't received the low battery message.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Do you keep your key close to the car when it's parked? If the car senses the proximity of the key, it might not turn "fully off".

I have heard someone mentioning that this is not an issue anymore - if it has been an issue? But might be worth trying out even though....?

Old 03-17-2016, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kief
I've been reading this comment about the hazard light staying illuminated after locking the car in a few threads lately, but isn't it normal for the hazard light to stay on for a minute or two afterwards? The same holds true with my BMWs--hazard light stays on but then goes out after a couple of minutes.
My R does the same thing, and I haven't received the low battery message.
Yes, that is true, but just for a few minutes (<5 min.). However, when the battery management module is acting up the hazard button will stay lit for much longer (45+min.), and people start to notice it for the first time.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-17-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:33 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks Unhingd

Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member

I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks
You'll need a 10mm wrench.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 AM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

The normal behavior for my car is this. When I lock my car everything turns off within a few seconds, interior lights etc, except for the following: the hazard indicator stays on for a little while (less than 5 minutes as unhinged said) and a red alarm indicator is blinking in the speedometer area of the instrument panel. The hazard indicator turns off after a short while, the alarm indicator keeps blinking. I have never had a battery low warning, and haven't used a charger (yet). I have the second battery disconnected to disable ECO thingy. If/when I get a battery low message I will connect a trickle charger like so many have.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jm717
The normal behavior for my car is this. When I lock my car everything turns off within a few seconds, interior lights etc, except for the following: the hazard indicator stays on for a little while (less than 5 minutes as unhinged said) and a red alarm indicator is blinking in the speedometer area of the instrument panel. The hazard indicator turns off after a short while, the alarm indicator keeps blinking. I have never had a battery low warning, and haven't used a charger (yet). I have the second battery disconnected to disable ECO thingy. If/when I get a battery low message I will connect a trickle charger like so many have.
So you just disconnect the smaller battery and no side issues? I can't see ever using eco-mode and it's a bit of a PITA to push the eco button every time you start the car. (yes, I'm aware that dynamic mode and paddle shifting will disable it but my wife uses the car as a fair weather DD and will be driving it exclusively in "granny mode")

Thanks,
Dave

Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
So you just disconnect the smaller battery and no side issues? I can't see ever using eco-mode and it's a bit of a PITA to push the eco button every time you start the car. (yes, I'm aware that dynamic mode and paddle shifting will disable it but my wife uses the car as a fair weather DD and will be driving it exclusively in "granny mode")

Thanks,
Dave
Correct, disconnected the smaller battery to disable ECO Start/Stop. No side issues at all.

The following users liked this post:
DPelletier (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I first contracted the track about one of their open track days, and they suggested an instructor.....[/url]
I know this got off topic, but I don't want to lose the convo... thread in regionals, but its just in Norcal, so no action....
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...2/#post1423090

Old 03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Jaguar Forums Editor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Front page news!

Great thread! Front page worthy indeed...
(Not-So) Secret Discoveries of F-Type Owners - JaguarForums

The following users liked this post:
PolkNole (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by adpock
Great thread! Front page worthy indeed...
(Not-So) Secret Discoveries of F-Type Owners - JaguarForums
Ha! Damn straight Jaguar Forums, damn straight!

Or should I say bloody straight?

Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM

The recommended correct worked, thank you!!

Old 03-30-2016, 07:59 PM
EL1
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I discovered that there is a tiny little hole at the bottom of the fuel tank filler to catch excess gas and drain it into the tank if you overfill. Super great. =)
I don't think that drains to the fuel tank. Otherwise water and dust would be getting in.

I believe it drains to underneath the car.

EL1

Old 03-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by EL1
I don't think that drains to the fuel tank. Otherwise water and dust would be getting in.

I believe it drains to underneath the car.

EL1
That's correct.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

My car didn't come with the Vision Pack and all the goodies that come with it. However, for the love of God, why doesn't a $100K+ car have at least a back-up camera and front sensors?! Even a $20K Hyundai has those at least! Inexcusable!

Recently I discovered that there were a couple "fake" front parking sensors in the front air ducts of my car. I asked my service guy if those fake sensors can be replaced with the real thing and he said no due to different wiring, etc. Now, I have to spend $1,500 to buy a NAV-TV system and install a front and a rear camera.

The F-type also needs a HUD (Heads-Up-Display) badly. Even the XJ sedans have it, but a sports car like the F-type doesn't?.....go figure.

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...