F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It had a cargo net behind the seat

Old 08-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Nav app

I have learned that if you want to transfer a destination from your phone to the car jaguar app, you must first have the car found on the Jaguar control app. Otherwise if you say that the destination cannot be found.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
Maybe I'm just a contrarian, but one thing I HAVEN'T learned since I got my F-Type is what sort of gas mileage I'm getting.
I literally don't even understand the logic of thinking about it either. Three things I don't look at with my F-type:

Gas mileage
Tire usage
Car insurance

Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyAir
I literally don't even understand the logic of thinking about it either. Three things I don't look at with my F-type:

Gas mileage
Tire usage
Car insurance
I agree in theory.

However, I do notice gas mileage (I don't care what it is, but I keep up with it).

When you spend as much time as I have on two lane black tops and country roads and you only have a 4 gallon gas tank (F800GS) it's just something you get into the habit of noticing.

The BMW does have a gas gauge but most of the motorcycles I have owned did not and the only way to keep up with the gas in your tank was to keep up with the mileage. And it is such a pain trying to switch from the main tank to reserve when you are deep into a sweeping corner and the engine starts coughing and dies.

Last edited by Bushwhacker; 08-12-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
I agree in theory.

However, I do notice gas mileage (I don't care what it is, but I keep up with it).

When you spend as much time as I have on two lane black tops and country roads and you only have a 4 gallon gas tank (F800GS) it's just something you get into the habit of noticing.

The BMW does have a gas gauge but most of the motorcycles I have owned did not and the only way to keep up with the gas in your tank was to keep up with the mileage. And it is such a pain trying to switch from the main tank to reserve when you are deep into a sweeping corner and the engine starts coughing and dies.
I just keep the dash setting to "miles left"

Not a math fan anyway. 😬😂

Old 08-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I was making a left turn, with my blinker on, and noticed in the reflection in the car ahead of me that my left side hockey stick running lights were out. Then I made a right, blinker on, and noticed that the left hockey stick was back on and the right one was off.

OK, the hockey stick lights are turned off when their blinker goes on!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat
I was making a left turn, with my blinker on, and noticed in the reflection in the car ahead of me that my left side hockey stick running lights were out. Then I made a right, blinker on, and noticed that the left hockey stick was back on and the right one was off.

OK, the hockey stick lights are turned off when their blinker goes on!
I think many of the current cars turn the daytime running light off when a directional light is on.

ajn

Old 08-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowakoaj
I think many of the current cars turn the daytime running light off when a directional light is on.

ajn
My guess would be that as DRL are LED and so are direction indicator that it's a multi colour led that can be white (DRL) or amber (direction)

Old 08-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Two new things.

Trying to work on wiring under the dashboard made me realize I better go back to juicing vegetables for a while. That has to be one of the most awkward spaces ever.

First car/truck I've ever had where the Cruise Control works perfectly.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
My guess would be that as DRL are LED and so are direction indicator that it's a multi colour led that can be white (DRL) or amber (direction)
I believe it's a US regulation that indicator light disables the DRL on the same side - all manufacturers have to comply, nothing Jaguar specific.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

That - apparently sane - people will quibble about 10c a gallon for gas, but happily spend $100s on snake oil.

Weird...

Old 08-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I believe it's a US regulation that indicator light disables the DRL on the same side - all manufacturers have to comply, nothing Jaguar specific.
I’ve seen plenty of cars that don’t disable the DRL- BMWs don’t, do they? I’m positive my previous one didn’t

Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by xoai
I’ve seen plenty of cars that don’t disable the DRL- BMWs don’t, do they? I’m positive my previous one didn’t
...[this phenomenon] is because of FMVSS 108...If the DRL is close to the Direction Indicator, or even incorporated, You have to turn off the DRL during indicating

Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,371 Posts

On mine the DRL doesn't turn off completely when indicating a turn, instead it dims down to about 1/3 normal brightness. Maybe all F-Types are the same or maybe they differ depending on the market?

Old 08-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I was trying to figure out the "Stealth" page. Finally found the best use. If you hold the brake pedal down, press the'Stealth' button, and the 'econ' switch at the same time that you press the 'Dynamic' switch' a page comes up asking you to enter 'Model/yr./type'.
Then if you have your telephone open on blue tooth you can enter whatever car you want on your telephone keypad, and your F-Type converts! Amazing! I suddenly am sitting in a 1989 Cadillac Allante'. Now I can leave my car in the parking lot of the local store without a worry. Of course the problem is finding the "Stealth" button on the Cadillac. On the Allante" it is on the Driver Information center. Be sure you know the car you are converting to.

The following 2 users liked this post by SamtheSham:
jaguny (08-15-2017), Misujerr (08-16-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_59
I looked. You're right!

Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I learned last night you cannot activate incontrol assistance without a license plate number (bought the car new so no tags yet). Hope it doesn't breakdown or I'll have to call roadside assistance the old fashioned way - on my cell phone.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:50 PM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Anyone figure out when the car shuts off....if you disconnect the seat belt before you hit park....if you hit park, then the seat belt...
When I stop to get my mail I like the car to keep running, ac, radio etc....though the steering wheel won't raise itself.
Pretty much have concluded the pattern is...seatbelt off, put in park...
One could also ask..."why would anyone care"
( having a bit of a slow eve tonight)

Old 08-15-2017, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

@SamtheSham. You had me there for a minute in the first paragraph. Lol

Old 08-15-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Awd
Anyone figure out when the car shuts off....if you disconnect the seat belt before you hit park....if you hit park, then the seat belt...
When I stop to get my mail I like the car to keep running, ac, radio etc....though the steering wheel won't raise itself.
Pretty much have concluded the pattern is...seatbelt off, put in park...
One could also ask..."why would anyone care"
( having a bit of a slow eve tonight)
I think that if you turn off ECO, the engine will no longer stop.

The following users liked this post:
MF 007 (08-16-2017)

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...