F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
It would be funny if setting your volume above 48 disabled ECO mode.
Your brain works like mine... funny in its implausibility. =) I would love weird Easter Eggs. You do know about the Tie Fighter Easter Egg of course?

The Jaguar F-Type Has The Best Star Wars Inspired Easter Egg

Old 10-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
+1. I have personalized dynamic mode by eliminating dynamic throttle response. This way, I can have the dynamic steering and suspension settings, while maintaining fine control over throttle which is critical for rev matching and launch control.
How did you and Lizzardo set it this way? It's not in a typical options or settings menu I assume?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Did everyone know that the wheel lock is in the trunk under the concealed compartment on the left side of the trunk. And who knew the battery is also there too... and the tire repair solution....

Took my tire/wheel guy 10 minutes to find the wheel lock.
Better than me... I had my flat liquid rolling around the trunk for a month before I realized that was meant to be in place in the compartment. lol

Old 10-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
How did you and Lizzardo set it this way? It's not in a typical options or settings menu I assume?
I have it that way also. I think it is standard on the R and an option on the V6.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

At least in 14 models, "configurable dynamic mode" was not available in base cars. That could have changed for the 16MY, but if you have it it should be on your window sticker.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

On the main menu, press the right arrow to get to the next screen. Then push the Dynamic-i button if you have it.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Your brain works like mine... funny in its implausibility. =) I would love weird Easter Eggs. You do know about the Tie Fighter Easter Egg of course?

The Jaguar F-Type Has The Best Star Wars Inspired Easter Egg
Hehe, I hadn't seen that. I just sent it to my wife as well. We're both big star wars fans.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Having now experienced a few 'cold' mornings, the heated steering wheel is awesome! However, for those of us driving a manual transmission, how about a heated shift knob.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

It is indeed getting to be that time of year. Today is the first time I drove to work with the windows up this morning. I forgot about the heated steering wheel. Maybe I can keep the windows down a few more weeks if I use it. Love that sound!

Old 10-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Having now experienced a few 'cold' mornings, the heated steering wheel is awesome! However, for those of us driving a manual transmission, how about a heated shift knob.
Sounds like someone needs to harden up. Or move here. It's been unseasonably warm. I think it reached 82F yesterday. I'm not even sure if my heated steering wheel works. Or the heated seats. Or even the *heater*. I haven't tried them yet.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Sounds like someone needs to harden up. Or move here. It's been unseasonably warm. I think it reached 82F yesterday. I'm not even sure if my heated steering wheel works. Or the heated seats. Or even the *heater*. I haven't tried them yet.
pleeeeeese don't rub it in. I've already got my winter tires on.... it's only a matter of time before the white stuff starts falling up here

Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

How about your windshield wipers? Hope they still work after long periods of ideleness. We're getting over an inch of rain today and will have to use them to see all the lovely green grass and plants.

And please check your brakes. I hear the roof rats are epidemic!

Last edited by DuhCar; 10-28-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:15 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I've had the roof down for the ride home the last few days, to enjoy the foliage. Was 45 degrees when I got home both days. With the windows up, it's not bad at all. Heated steering wheel is awesome - thought it was silly when I got it, but now I wish my other car had it.

Heavy rain and wind for later today, so the Jag is snoozing in the garage.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm not even sure if my heated steering wheel works. Or the heated seats. Or even the *heater*. I haven't tried them yet.
Same here, except I have had the heater on once since I was driving along the coast on a chilly day with the top down and it came on by itself. I haven't had a chance to experience the heated seats or heated steering wheel yet though.

Of course, El Niño will likely bring some cold weather (and exercise the windshield wipers) so we may have a good reason to experiment towards the end of the year. Then again I don't generally drive the FTR in inclement weather since we have a SUV for that, so perhaps I will not get the opportunity.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Glove compartment pen holder

There is a soft rubber gizmo behind the door hinge of the glove compartment that could only be a pen holder. Unless anyone has a better use for it. Now I need a Jaguar pen to put in it. Go look.

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (02-14-2017)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
There is a soft rubber gizmo behind the door hinge of the glove compartment that could only be a pen holder. Unless anyone has a better use for it. Now I need a Jaguar pen to put in it. Go look.
in case you are looking for a pen The Writing Desk: Graf von Faber Castell Pen of the Year 2008. Free UK delivery on all pens.

Buckingham (10-28-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by kamiar
I lose about 3 pens a day, something like that would be just flushing money down the toilet for me.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I lose about 3 pens a day, something like that would be just flushing money down the toilet for me.
If you need a plumber, let me know.

AnD3rew (10-30-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Park when door opened?

I thought I've read through all of the owner's manual while waiting the long five months until delivery. But I don't think I've read anything about this following behavior...

Recently in a parking garage when really slowly rolling into a parking spot without any cars besides me I wanted to check how far or near I am to the divider line painted on the floor, so I opened my driver side door. And at that same moment the transmission switched to park and the car jerked to a halt!

what will happen if a passenger opens his/her door while driving off because maybe his jacket/her scarf got stuck in the door? will the car's transmission switch to park and lock the wheels while due to wet conditions the car swerves into oncoming traffic, WTF?! is this usual for AT? unsettling thought...

Cheers
Lyndon

Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...