Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav-TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Nav-TV

For those in the market for a "back up camera", and a few other goodies, I suggest highly https://navtv.com/. Had it installed by a pro, and although I originally purchased both the front and rear camera, I ultimately only had the rear installed. Didn't want to drill a hole in the front bumper.

Overall:
Excellent clarity
Enhanced Video

Look it up, and you will be very happy with this, as a sub for those who did not get the camera with your purchase.

Enjoy, and very happy with the result.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

hows the video quality on this compared to the OEM version? If this camera is more hi-def, I'd consider replacing my factory version with this one.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

If you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost with installation? I've thought about it for my base convertible that doesn't have the camera, but I'm not keen on taking apart the dash myself.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Does it display a grid when backing up so you know how much space you have between you and an object behind you?

Old 05-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
hows the video quality on this compared to the OEM version? If this camera is more hi-def, I'd consider replacing my factory version with this one.
Awesome rear camera. Perfect

Old 05-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by duprey26
If you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost with installation? I've thought about it for my base convertible that doesn't have the camera, but I'm not keen on taking apart the dash myself.
Sure....install 130 dollars. Bought front and back, then changed my mind on front. 700.00 minus whatever the credit is for returning the front camera. Didn't want to drill a hole. Guess around 150 credit, so 550 plus 130 install or 680 total.

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Does it display a grid when backing up so you know how much space you have between you and an object behind you?
No but will take pic and send over weekend. Will recheck.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you could also take a photo of where they ran the wires to get them outside the car in the back it would be appreciated.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaguar7812
If you could also take a photo of where they ran the wires to get them outside the car in the back it would be appreciated.
Certainly no problem.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I downloaded their PDF as it gives pretty detailed directions with photos on how to take apart your console. Just to keep for reference.

slojotaa (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
I downloaded their PDF as it gives pretty detailed directions with photos on how to take apart your console. Just to keep for reference.
Youtube has a fairly extensive video as well. The issue for me is that I am not that good at these things, would scratch or do something and be very upset that I didn't take it somewhere. It is a complicated install, and as always they make it seem so much easier than it really is, in my opinion. Not a knock on the NavTV folks, as they are actually awesome to deal with. Rather, a warning that "if not good at this", it isn't a simple or anywhere near a plug and play.

Good Luck to you and thanks for sharing with the group.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Youtube has a fairly extensive video as well. The issue for me is that I am not that good at these things, would scratch or do something and be very upset that I didn't take it somewhere. It is a complicated install, and as always they make it seem so much easier than it really is, in my opinion. Not a knock on the NavTV folks, as they are actually awesome to deal with. Rather, a warning that "if not good at this", it isn't a simple or anywhere near a plug and play.

Good Luck to you and thanks for sharing with the group.
I'm considering adding the Front Camera to the OEM Back-up Camera.
Seen and researched the Nav-TV set-up and it appears to be a near flawless integration into the existing nav screen. My question is, how did you locate an installer? Did Nav-TV recommend one in your area? or did you just find someone local? $130 seems exceptionally reasonable.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
I'm considering adding the Front Camera to the OEM Back-up Camera.
Seen and researched the Nav-TV set-up and it appears to be a near flawless integration into the existing nav screen. My question is, how did you locate an installer? Did Nav-TV recommend one in your area? or did you just find someone local? $130 seems exceptionally reasonable.
I have a guy that I use locally in NJ that I know for years, and trust in a major way. The good news for you is that the Nav TV folks offer folks that they trust and know in your area for installs. They should help as they are tremendous to deal with. Yes, $130 was reasonable, professionally done, and I would use $200 as a baseline for this, since I knew the guy well and for years.

Good Luck. It is flawless thus far, and as I stated the front had to be drilled and I opted out of this, as I couldn't bear doing this to my "F". The rear was great, as it installs over the License Plate Bracket, a bit tight for the trunk opening and Nav was open about this asking if I had little fingers. I said at 6'3" 270 lbs., I don't think so....sausage maybe :-). However, the beauty is that you have the key fob, and that opens the trunk for me without having to touch the button under the trunk lid. It actually looks pretty good also hanging over the plate, under the lid button, very futuristic.

Hope this helps, and good luck to you. You will like the DVD on the screen from this interface, and the camera is a "perfect picture" that my wife even commented on with the vibrant clarity.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Thanks for this info! It sounds like a good system, and the price is very reasonable.

slojotaa (05-15-2015)