Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help: Changing CCF for Retrofitting display

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 08:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb Need Help: Changing CCF for Retrofitting display

Hello guys,

as I already told you, I am willing to retrofit the bigger 10 inch screen instead of the 8 inch screen with buttons on both sides.

Technically I have already everything fitted. The only problem was/is the CCF. I do not have Pathfinder or something else, but I have the GAP Tool where I can read and change the ccf.

Well, I have changed the value "front display variant" to the 10 inch single view display, saved it and ... nothing happens. The display is still in the 8 inch mode but in the ccf is the 10 inch activated. Nearby I do not have a view from the cam when I drive rewind.
Did I miss something? Are there more values to change? As far as I understand the ccf it should change at once, when I restart the car? I know, the parameter to change is PARAM_MCAN_FRNT_DISP_VARIANT ...

Pleas see the pictures of my actual software level and the value I changed in the ccf.

Any help appreciated ;-)

Markus.

Old 06-25-2024, 10:27 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I’d try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds to force a hard reboot. Don't close the trunk with the battery disconnected! Don’t have any idea if this will help, but it’s easy enough to try.

Old 06-27-2024, 10:31 AM
Default nope

No success with hard reset :-(

I also tried to communicate over OBD2, but only strange errors coming up in the cars display - is it possible, that my car is not DOIP ready? If realky NOT - how is there ANY chance to update the software???

Greetings,

Markus.

Old 06-27-2024, 03:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm that's unfortunate - have you been able to confirm that the CCF did actually update on the car when you reconnected?

I haven't gotten a chance to do this yet, but from what other folks have said, that one setting should be it. Is this what you're using as an adapter: https://www.diagnostic-associates.co...da-doip-dongle ?

Old 06-28-2024, 01:16 AM

I´m not sure - reading out the CCF shows the new value, but I have no confirmation. Any other way to confirm?

Greetings,

Markus.

Originally Posted by woohoo
Hmm that's unfortunate - have you been able to confirm that the CCF did actually update on the car when you reconnected?

I haven't gotten a chance to do this yet, but from what other folks have said, that one setting should be it. Is this what you're using as an adapter: https://www.diagnostic-associates.co...da-doip-dongle ?

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I found out is changing the CCF value for the infotainment w/o rebooting the system doesn’t work. This is what I had to do to get Dynamic-I to show up on my Land Rover Screen. Go to service menu then select infotainment module then learn CCF. If this doesn’t solve it then most likely there are other CCF’s that needs to change.

Old Today, 09:07 AM

Thx - will try that ...

Markus.