F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help/guidance on detaching wiring harness from powered liftgate

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 10:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Need help/guidance on detaching wiring harness from powered liftgate

Hello all! I am currently in the process of replacing the trim inside the rear boot/trunk that guides rain water to their respective drain holes. The adhesive and trim themselves are not in very good condition. I am looking for any help or guidance on how to detach the wiring harness (I think that is what it is?) between the body and liftgate. Below is a picture for reference. Once removed I should be able to remove and replace the trim pieces.

Old 12-27-2023, 07:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if your car is under warranty still, but if it is, I had that trim replaced and they covered it. I had noticed that it seemed to be wearing away. Good Luck.

Old 12-27-2023, 12:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz
I don't know if your car is under warranty still, but if it is, I had that trim replaced and they covered it. I had noticed that it seemed to be wearing away. Good Luck.
Oh that is a good call. I didn't realize this still may be covered under warranty. I might still be within the window as the car is 2019 and under the mileage limit.

That would be a blessing if warranty covers. Seems like a lot of work after looking at the service manual and ebay parts photos. I am left with two options.
1. Dismantle the headliner to unplug the various wires to detach the harness.
2. Dismantle the liftgate trim and unplug the various wires to detach the harness.

Old 12-27-2023, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OneTinyFatGuy
Oh that is a good call. I didn't realize this still may be covered under warranty. I might still be within the window as the car is 2019 and under the mileage limit.

That would be a blessing if warranty covers. Seems like a lot of work after looking at the service manual and ebay parts photos. I am left with two options.
1. Dismantle the headliner to unplug the various wires to detach the harness.
2. Dismantle the liftgate trim and unplug the various wires to detach the harness.

Well you have a third option and just live with it. That was what I was going to do. It did take the shop foreman at the dealership to advocate with JLR to get it covered. Good luck.