Sponsored by:

Need help picking a color!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
you're just making it harder for me to pick white
Here's an idea. Have you considered white?

The following users liked this post:
f_in_seattle (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 08:41 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,102 Likes on 1,403 Posts

This is the picture that originally got me thinking of ordering an F-type sight unseen (before they were shipping), and in Salsa Red. Absolutely no regrets!

f_in_seattle (11-28-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default color

I briefly considered ammonite but there's no way to actually see it, the metallic white could be appliance like- there is a reason most of their press shots and videos were produced with Polaris cars.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:17 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
you're just making it harder for me to pick white
Don't worry about it. He's wrong.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by plmmd
I briefly considered ammonite but there's no way to actually see it, the metallic white could be appliance like- there is a reason most of their press shots and videos were produced with Polaris cars.
The project 7 was demoed in Glacier White Metallic buts I can't really tell the difference between this and Polaris white.

Jaguar F-Type Project 7 in Glacier White Photo Gallery - Autoblog

Old 11-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Agreed, hard to tell the difference in those photos, but I'm guessing it's a metallic white close to the same shade as Polar.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
This is the picture that originally got me thinking of ordering an F-type sight unseen (before they were shipping), and in Salsa Red. Absolutely no regrets!

If that's not a stunning car (color; and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like "red" cars) I don't know what is! As I've said numerous times, in various threads on this forum, I've yet to see any color (combination) I wouldn't be thrilled to own!

DJS, that picture which prompted you to buy the F-Type; those wheels depicted are the 20-inch Cyclone Wheels unless I'm mistaken? I see you have the Propeller Wheels, as do I, and would like to consider getting the 20-inch Tornado Wheels instead... Just a thought.

Best regards,
RJ52

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-28-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:05 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,102 Likes on 1,403 Posts

RJ, I didn't like the idea of 20" wheels on some of the roads I drive on. I've been perfectly happy with the 19s - even tracked it once. When I hit rough pavement, I turn off dynamic mode and that's seems to work well enough.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
RJ, I didn't like the idea of 20" wheels on some of the roads I drive on. I've been perfectly happy with the 19s - even tracked it once. When I hit rough pavement, I turn off dynamic mode and that's seems to work well enough.
Thank you DJS, and for the speedy reply. Don't get me wrong, I not only love my V6S but also the propeller wheels. It's just that whenever I see either those Cyclone or Tornado wheels I envision swapping out my propeller ones. Do you think I'm "barking up the wrong tree" - I will not be tracking my car nor are any of the roads I'm driving all all that bad? Does it just come down to, like color itself, personal preference or does the difference between a 19-wheel and a 20-inch wheel make much of a difference (from a ride and/or performance).

Best regards and thanks again,
RJ52

P.S. After further consideration, as well as looking at lots of photos, I have decided I am happy - completely - with my propeller wheels.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-28-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

I went for Salsa Red. It is only the second red car I have ever owned* in 30 years.

The first coupe I saw in the flesh was a Firesand V6 and it looked fabulous, but when it came to ordering mine the salesman was really, really keen to dissuade me, plus it was a ludicrous amount extra.

The basic car has a mix of black and chrome highlights on it. To make the most of these needs something fairly bright. If you go for the Black Pack, other options work better. Polaris White is a case in point - particularly with the glass roof.

*Toyota MR2 GT. The easiest car to get up on its toes I've ever driven, despite having more grip than most.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by plmmd
...there is a reason most of their press shots and videos were produced with Polaris cars.
This is completely true,obviously white or silver will show the lines of the car better whereas some of that may get lost with darker colors in dim light.
Obvious benefit of a lighter color is it's cooler to ride in,shows less dirt (for the most part),doesn't show swirl/scratches as much and is generally easier to clean.

Polaris white was a no-brainer for me from the get-go...when you combine it with the black pack,black wheels and dark tint,the car begins to resemble a jet fighter from certain angle,lol!

f_in_seattle (11-29-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

So far I haven’t seen the F-Type in a color combination I didn’t like. I enjoy seeing photos of other member’s cars because they all look great to me.

Deciding not to order and finding a car on the dealer’s lot with all the options I wanted caused me to end up with black. It was my last choice due to the effort to maintain it, but after three white cars in a row, I was ready for some pain and suffering and a change. I get nothing but compliments, it looks sharp, classy with a sinister look and I love it.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble picking a color. I'm buying a convertible and want a nice contrast between exterior and interior color. I can't decide between polaris white with red seats, ultimate black with red seats, or red with black seats but red stitching. I initially saw salsa red but after seeing Italian racing red I can't decide which one I like better.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by oclakerfan
I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble picking a color. I'm buying a convertible and want a nice contrast between exterior and interior color. I can't decide between polaris white with red seats, ultimate black with red seats, or red with black seats but red stitching. I initially saw salsa red but after seeing Italian racing red I can't decide which one I like better.
I faced the same dilemma and chose IRR. I like that it is the metallic xyrillic paint and looks different depending on the light. At times it can appear a dark red and other times it looks almost identical to to the salsa red. However, I chose the Duotone interior - black seats with red inserts, red stitching and red seat belts.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I faced the same dilemma and chose IRR. I like that it is the metallic xyrillic paint and looks different depending on the light. At times it can appear a dark red and other times it looks almost identical to to the salsa red. However, I chose the Duotone interior - black seats with red inserts, red stitching and red seat belts.
That's sounds like a stunning combo. I look forward to seeing some delivery pictures soon.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swajames
The very best color for the F Type, as it has been for many, many years, is quite obviously, british racing green

A quite spectacular color that truly shows off the lines and features of the F Type
I'm going for BRG with camel interior (seat and carpet)... its a statement of classic britishness... but I can choose this because I'm now in Batchelor status... no woman would ever contemplate such a combination ! too difficult to keep clean

Old 12-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
That's sounds like a stunning combo. I look forward to seeing some delivery pictures soon.
Thanks, I look forward to taking delivery soon! I must be driving my dealer crazy as this morning I was told they would be glad when I take delivery and I am not sure they meant it in a nice way

Old 01-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Search as I might, I still can't find anything other than inaccurate/guess-worked pics of either an Ammonite Grey or Glacier White Metallic F-Type. My last date to finalize my 2016 R order is next week.....

Old 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Whirlinturbin
Search as I might, I still can't find anything other than inaccurate/guess-worked pics of either an Ammonite Grey or Glacier White Metallic F-Type. My last date to finalize my 2016 R order is next week.....
You may want to place the order first to secure the production slot, and then adjust the color later, and ask the dealer to figure out exactly when the last paint adjustment date is for the system.

Given that production on the 2016 R isn't going to start till later this year I'd be very surprised if the commit date for changes is in January...much more likely in a March or April depending on when the car is schedule for build.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by schraderade
Given that production on the 2016 R isn't going to start till later this year I'd be very surprised if the commit date for changes is in January...much more likely in a March or April depending on when the car is schedule for build.
mparsons posted the following insider info:

"Key timing for the F‐TYPE program:

1st Dealer Order call:

RWD: December 2014
AWD: November 2014
Manual: TBD

Job #1:

RWD: January 2015
AWD: February 2015
Manual: April 2015

(All dates subject to change; look for upcoming announcements)"

if this is correct, (and it appears to be consistent with forum member reports) first production specs of the 2016 R has probably already been locked down for February production start.

Quick Reply: Need help picking a color!