F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help picking a color!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Wondering if the O.P. has decided and ordered a colour choice. Want to make sure he doesn't have the 'Obama indecisive disease'.

Most of us on this forum agree the F looks good in any colour and I do really like my IRR choice, but also wondered if I was choosing a colour that was a bit too much for my age bracket (55+) . Once I drove it for a few weeks any concerns I had quickly disappeared due to the positive comments and thumbs up responses.

Actually a number of discerning female friends helped me choose the colour, which was a great help.
Lawrence.

Still undecided My local dealership finally got a White coupe so that I could look at it in person and I'm still undecided. While it looks good, for some reason the darker colors look better to me - Stratus grey in particular with black wheels it almost looks the batmobile.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
Still undecided My local dealership finally got a White coupe so that I could look at it in person and I'm still undecided. While it looks good, for some reason the darker colors look better to me - Stratus grey in particular with black wheels it almost looks the batmobile.
Stratus Gray is a most excellent choice. Personally I have a 2015 V6S in Stratus Grey w/Jet Interior & Camel stitching with the 9-spoke silver propeller wheels and love that combination.

When, pray tell, do you anticipate making a final decision?

Last edited by RickyJay52; 01-18-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

"Still undecided...."
Seems you're down to Stratus or White. Both great colors. So, what's your gut telling you?

Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM

lol, I need to make it by first week of Feb which is the last order change date. Gut's telling me not to get the White.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

lol, I need to make it by first week of Feb which is the last order change date. Gut's telling me not to get the White.
As both an institutional commodity broker and the owner of a Stratus Grey F-Type: Trust Your Gut!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 01-18-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
As both an institutional commodity broker and the owner of a Stratus Gray F-Type: Trust Your Gut!
As an owner of a software company and a Stratus Grey R, with no qualifications whatsoever to give recommendations on this matter: Trust your gut!

Old 01-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

As the owner of a California Sage Green Aston Martin, buy what you love, what will elicit an emotional response each time you see it.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
As an owner of a software company and a Stratus Grey R, with no qualifications whatsoever to give recommendations on this matter: Trust your gut!
As an owner of a Polaris White Coupe, I also say trust your gut! The community doesn't need anymore white f-types running round

Old 01-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by myironlung
rhodium silver with black wheels looks pretty sick. The lighter colors are better to hide scratches and salt debris.
I have to agree. Red interior. Black as a second option.

2nd place: white
3rd place: Salsa red

On other body styles my color choice is completely different.

Is resale an issue? If so think about the colors that resell the best.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:48 PM

saw a White coupe at the dealer today with an exterior/interior black pack. Looked sexier than I thought it would. Still no rhodium silvers in Seattle, so I can't see one in person. Last modify date for my car moved to March since delivery isnt scheduled for 1st week of June even though its the dealers first allocation

Old 01-26-2015, 04:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Last modify date for my car moved to March since delivery isnt scheduled for 1st week of June even though its the dealers first allocation
This is indeed disappointing. Which model did you order?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
This is indeed disappointing. Which model did you order?

Base F-type coupe. Looks like Jaguar moved back the dealers first coupe allocation by a few weeks

Old 01-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Base F-type coupe. Looks like Jaguar moved back the dealers first coupe allocation by a few weeks
If you are this undecided on colour, suggest you take the time to drive to some other dealers, even if its a long drive, to take a look. In our area we can hit approx. 3 dealers in under 2 hours, but even if its longer, it might be worth it.
Most dealer websites would give you a look at inventory before heading out.
Lawrence.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
If you are this undecided on colour, suggest you take the time to drive to some other dealers, even if its a long drive, to take a look. In our area we can hit approx. 3 dealers in under 2 hours, but even if its longer, it might be worth it.
Most dealer websites would give you a look at inventory before heading out.
Lawrence.
I would, but no dealer in the entire state of Washington has a Rhodium Silver (coupe or convertible) on the lot. Mostly Blacks and Whites here with a couple of Reds. Pretty low inventory here for Ftypes and I think I've only seen 1 on the road in the past year in Seattle (partly why I want this car over a M4 convertible), but I'm not sure about the 5 month wait. Seems too long.

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:30 PM

I would, but no dealer in the entire state of Washington has a Rhodium Silver (coupe or convertible) on the lot. Mostly Blacks and Whites here with a couple of Reds. Pretty low inventory here for Ftypes and I think I've only seen 1 on the road in the past year in Seattle (partly why I want this car over a M4 convertible), but I'm not sure about the 5 month wait. Seems too long.
Have the dealer get a Rhodium from another dealer, even if out of state. I've often purchased this way (including my F-Type). Doesn't always work (e.g., if you get stuck with transport expenses you don't want to pay; or, the dealer can't find another dealer who'll give one up or has one with the options you want). Most dealers I've found will try to earn your business though. Worth a shot? It'll certainly save you waiting, and you'll have plenty of time to get your new Jag all polished up and ready to roll for RTC in the Spring, heh.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by deltagroup
Have the dealer get a Rhodium from another dealer, even if out of state. I've often purchased this way (including my F-Type). Doesn't always work (e.g., if you get stuck with transport expenses you don't want to pay; or, the dealer can't find another dealer who'll give one up or has one with the options you want). Most dealers I've found will try to earn your business though. Worth a shot? It'll certainly save you waiting, and you'll have plenty of time to get your new Jag all polished up and ready to roll for RTC in the Spring, heh.
deltagroup, yours is probably the black R coupe I saw in downtown seattle once. I've spoken to dealers about trading, but it turns out the car I want is almost impossible to find anywhere (base coupe, pano roof, interior black pack, black wheels in white, rhodium silver or stratus grey). If the 2016's start rolling in early in the rest of the country I'll see if I can ask a dealer to trade for one. I'm really surprised they are making them wait a few months while others are getting their first allocation in April.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:05 PM

deltagroup, yours is probably the black R coupe I saw in downtown seattle once. I've spoken to dealers about trading, but it turns out the car I want is almost impossible to find anywhere (base coupe, pano roof, interior black pack, black wheels in white, rhodium silver or stratus grey). If the 2016's start rolling in early in the rest of the country I'll see if I can ask a dealer to trade for one. I'm really surprised they are making them wait a few months while others are getting their first allocation in April.
Could be. I did drive the R over to my Seattle office a few times last summer.

I hear you on the frustration of finding an exact match. With the generally limited production of the F-Type, you indeed may have to order. But, as you suggest, with the '16's starting up, you might snag one. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

It could be that the auto marine transport incident moved a number of orders back.