F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to replace Parelli 295/30 zr20 on 2016 F-type after 9200 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 05:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

I suppose there’s no need to further extoll the lack of virtue of the P Zeros.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I suppose there’s no need to further extoll the lack of virtue of the P Zeros.
The PZeros worked out "just fine" for me with my AWD v8 as I have been able to keep up with and outrun M2 & M3s, Vettes & Porsche through the mountain twisties without breaking a sweat. I will admit I don't track the car but how many of us really do that anyway. I do have a line on some NEW PZero rears for under $200/each but they are 2015 manufacture dated tires so will probably avoid them

Old 11-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts
Default All-Season Tires

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Its odd that a lot of these thread on TIRES devolve into a "ceramic coat on WHEELS"? Someone trying to market their products I guess.

Regardless, back to the ORIGINAL PURPOSE of this thread...I am at 14K miles and have nearly hit the wear bars on the rears but the fronts have about 5K left in them.
I live in NC and do drive in snow a dozen or so times a year but I also work from home and have a 4x4 BMW X5 Diesel for our dedicated ski machine so could get away with leaving the Jag in the garage on any snow days should I decide to stick with the stock summer tires.

I have 315/35-20 Coni DWS06s on my X5 but as are all aware, that is too tall for the rears on our cars. As others pointed out, there are very, very, very few 295/30-20s in the ALL SEASON variety for our cars. In fact the only economical option appears to be the Bridgestone Pontenza RE980 A/S for around a grand installed from Discount Tire. I am torn between going that way or just replacing the rear Pirelli P Zeros & then wait until 20K to replace the fronts that are only about 50% worn so they have at LEAST another 5K on them. Anyone out there yet sporting the Potenza RE980 A/Ss?
ndbunka, I am curious whether you (or others) have tried the Bridgestone Potenza All-Season tires. I am considering switching from a summer/winter to an all-season set up and would welcome any feedback or thoughts. I have 20-in wheels: any other brands I should consider for all-season?
Thanks.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Brock
ndbunka, I am curious whether you (or others) have tried the Bridgestone Potenza All-Season tires. I am considering switching from a summer/winter to an all-season set up and would welcome any feedback or thoughts. I have 20-in wheels: any other brands I should consider for all-season?
Thanks.
I decided to go with the more expensive Michelin's and 2 days later an 80 year old tourist from Australia ran into the back of our beloved F-Type R totalling it COMPLETELY. We are STILL fighting with the insurance to collect so unfortunately I have no guidance for you nor will I for a long time as I will likely wait until the mid-engine version is available before buying another Jag

Old 11-26-2019, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,231 Likes on 2,385 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
I decided to go with the more expensive Michelin's and 2 days later an 80 year old tourist from Australia ran into the back of our beloved F-Type R totalling it COMPLETELY. We are STILL fighting with the insurance to collect so unfortunately I have no guidance for you nor will I for a long time as I will likely wait until the mid-engine version is available before buying another Jag
Gotta watch those old farts from Oz they are a real menace on the roads!
Myself excluded of course.

Old 11-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I put Bridgestone Potenza 980AS on mine. Stock sizes and they are great.

The following users liked this post:
Brock (11-26-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Gotta watch those old farts from Oz they are a real menace on the roads!
Myself excluded of course.
LOL
He and his wife were actually a sweet couple. He was trying to get them to a golf course in Asheville, NC for an afternoon round and it looked like he was running late and didn't know the roads. We had seen them slow way down and actually stopped in the middle of the road (Blue Ridge Parkway is 35MPH speed limit) at an intersection a few miles prior to the scene of the incident. The airbags in the Jag went off when the impact of him hitting us at about 45MPH carried us about 30-40 feet across a 12-inch tall concrete curb and into a median on the other side of the road. Nobody was injured so we were fortunate for that. He was apologetic but asked "where did you come from" to which I replied... "We have been in front of you for about 8 miles." He replied, "Oh! We had been talking about the beautiful red Jag in front of us earlier". My only reply was "Well, it's no longer that pretty". We told them not to let this ruin their vacation & they told us they had taken out the optional rental car insurance. Unfortunately, we later learned that insurance only covered "up to" $25K of damage so we ended up having to get our own insurance involved. It's been nearly 45 days and we just learned TODAY that paperwork was being filed. Oh well.. It was fun while it lasted and eventually Insurance on one side or the other will have to step up.

The following users liked this post:
Brock (11-27-2019)