F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 17 R owner - is all the trim in the 'black pack' black?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017 | 04:38 PM
|

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Because the hood is so big and flexible, if you don't close it just right it can become very crooked. The thing also has almost infinite adjustability, so if its not quite right, you can get it there.

I'd try opening it and closing it by pressing down square in the middle of the hood and see where that gets you.

Also, I appreciate the complement! Several people have gone the wrap method on 16MY+ vehicles; just keep in mind my car came with the 15MY side skirts as delivered, so yours will look a little wider.
Thanks! I think what happened is when I collected the car I had them leave the wrap on the hood (took it to detailer rather than have them PDI it) so they did not adjust the gaps between hood and front bumber during PDI. I'm going to have them adjust it when I get the remaining black pack trim installed, if just opening/closing doesn't resolve..

Old 08-29-2017 | 04:51 PM
|

Originally Posted by Kief
I just pulled the trigger on another set of the infamous Continental DWS06 to serve as my "winter" setup: 245/40/19; 275/35/19 over 19" Propeller wheels.

Discount Tire Direct made the decision that much more easier with their combined Labor Day $75 rebate, Continental $70 rebate, and $25 Ebates cash back! Hurry if interested, as the Conti rebate ends 8/31. I'm a loyal Tire Rack customer, but I just couldn't pass up the combined savings. TR comes with 2yr road hazard included (3yrs cost extra with Discount Tire--I passed on the coverage however), but the Conti's already come standard with a 1yr road hazard coverage.
Thanks! Thats a really good deal. I've been on the lookout for a set of used propellers but nothing yet so I'm considering the Coventry Ashford wheel in gloss gunmetal. They come in 19X8.5 ET35 for front 19X9.5 ET 25 for rear (I think there is also an ET40). Is this the same spec as the 19" propeller wheels?

The following users liked this post:
mshedden (04-08-2018)