Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2.0 R dynamic finally here and i'm loven it

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts
Default New 2.0 R dynamic finally here and i'm loven it

So finally it came, some lovely pics from the detailers, love the car the way it drives and handles.

Last edited by powerhouse; 03-17-2018 at 05:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice looking ride you have there, enjoy it and post more feedback on the drive.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:10 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

looks fab

enjoy

Old 03-18-2018, 03:28 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Very nice, but not a fan of the black insert they put in the front vents.

I'm confused though by the 'R Dynamic AWD' badge on the rear - I thought the 4 cyl turbos were all RWD?

Old 03-18-2018, 04:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden

I'm confused though by the 'R Dynamic AWD' badge on the rear - I thought the 4 cyl turbos were all RWD?
Badge engineering, well known tradition in British motor industry

Old 03-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by drmrfi
Badge engineering, well known tradition in British motor industry
Genus envy?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Genus envy?
Not at all, fremdscham is the word

Old 03-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

I lost count of the configurations I made for my F-Type. I also did many "R" version as most of the differing options I would add on the base car anyway.
Eventually the difference ends out to be € 5000,- in the Netherlands. But the lips and sill spoilers are a little bit too much to my taste. In black they don't stand
out so much, but in bodycolour it lookt a bit exagerated, to my taste, as a semi old guy...

So I ordered the bas version with all the options so it looks more like a GT . Its a matter of taste.

With the spoilers it looked to me more like a boy-racer, not a GT. My starting point was a 2008 XK8, which is more of a GT. And after 200-like configurations I ended
up with this. The only thing I am afraid off is that the paint in reality is too bright, ultra bleu..

Taking delivery on the 9th of april..

Old 03-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mshedden

Your correct mshedden, all 2.0 are RWD,
Thing is i ordered the car with the gloss pack so there is no chrome on any of the car, window surrounds, vents, side grill surrounds, front grill surround, rear diffuser, side skirts all gloss.
The only remaining chrome was the badging, the new 2018 cars come with an R Dynamic badges in the side vents also and the car came with the new P300 rear badge also opposite side to the F-type badge. Didn't like the chrome so bought complete new badging including the leaper and the jaguar name thats on the spoiler.
Had the leaper and jaguar and F-type badging all resprayed gloss black and lacquered. Had the front and side R Dynamic badges sprayed in the caldera red and lettering done in black and lacquered. Took off the P300 rear badge and replaced it with the R Dynamic badge, doing it gloss black with the red lettering.
One of the R Dynamic badges that i got from the dealer came with the AWD badge under it, so i never removed it when i put it on the rear as it was painted all together, so that's why it's there.
I had all ready to go so replaced everything when the car was at the dealers before it went for coatings. The small circle red and green decals on each R Dynamic badges i took off while spraying and were reapplied after finishing spraying.
If you look at pictures closely you'll see the badges are all redone on the previous , you can see the leaper on the picture below. They do look a nice touch.

Last edited by powerhouse; 03-18-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Burt Gummer (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Was this picture taken just after you first saw it?

Queen and Country (12-16-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Was this picture taken just after you first saw it?
I think i'm having this problem everyday bruce

Old 03-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Haha, impressive! It looks magic, but I am biased as I like 'em in red. Interior looks great too. If the seats are hard, dont worry they soften up after a while.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes around the corners.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Haha, impressive! It looks magic, but I am biased as I like 'em in red. Interior looks great too. If the seats are hard, dont worry they soften up after a while.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes around the corners.
well Bruce i can tell you it is a serious impressive car, sold my xkr and due to CO2 emission tax and a serious price difference from the V6 in my country i went for the 2.0. The V6 was €22,000 more expensive than the 2.0.
Coming from a 550 bhp xkr i knew the difference might be vast. I couldn't have been more wrong, whether its new technology but it is an amazing car. It corners like it's on rails, sharp and precise, the ride is stiff but not annoying, even with the 20" wheels, even on a long journey i felt comfortable. The twin scroll turbo is the key, no lag, power straight away and plenty of it. My old xkr would throw you back in the seat, it was like a mad dog, the 2.0 has a bit of go when you kick down, but more refined, the balance is sublime, i have driven a few V6 F-types and have driven one at speed on the same road as the 2.0 and have to say it devoured the corners , speed in and out was better, it's all in the balance , its just a joy, like driving a go kart. The engine doesn't lack power, it goes and goes and the brakes are immense.
Now for the point that every F-type owner comments on is the noise. There is a difference when you open the active exhaust and have it in dynamic mode, it's never going to be a V6 forgetting the V8. On first starting it has a nice loud rumble but quietens down a bit, it's more like a faint rumble, let the taps out and it does crackle and pop under downshift and upshifts. My xkr had a Elite RR exhaust system which was ear blowing and i do miss the sound, but funny enough when i'm driving the F-type i am more engrossed in the driving and the looks it gets. More noise would be nice, just waiting for a manufacturer to bring out a rear system , there's a few doing prototypes at the minute so not to long. One company is Velocityap exhausts who do one for the V6 which is the same fitting as the 2.0. Whether the noise would be increased if fitted to the 2.0 no one has done it yet.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member

Sweeeeet. Yes the big difference I've noticed with the f type (6) against the XKR is that the harder you push it after the apex of the corner the more it sticks so you can still control it. The XKR got a bit understeery IMO. You get a lot more attention in this car, eh? That is what I found though I think the red helps.

I wouldnt worry about the noise really. Sure it makes me giggle when it really goes off, but that is like once every few weeks. Actually at the moment I am more enjoying the supercharger whine at about 3000 RPM, you should get the whistle from the turbos which is a sweet noise.

Enjoy, that is one pretty car.

powerhouse (03-18-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Very Nice, Love the colour. I went Metallic Sapphire Blue which I love in the dusk, but damn the red looks great in the sun!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Beautiful car; congratulations. :-)

Dave

Old 03-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member

thanks for the comments, now need to take so really nice shoots some day, took these at a friends, he had to convince me to pass by and show him the car

The following 2 users liked this post by powerhouse:
BruceTheQuail (03-20-2018), NigelW (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

need those headlights

Old 04-14-2018, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more feedback on the 2.0? Still sitting on the fence for now but intending to make a decision soon.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Very Nice, Love the colour. I went Metallic Sapphire Blue which I love in the dusk, but damn the red looks great in the sun!
So you have "ultra blue" too ? I was a bit upset when my car arrived. The colour in daylight is completely different from the configurator or the pics on google.
Did you see the colour 'life' before you ordered ? Can you post some pics ? My car is here pictures.. april 11th.

@Powerhouse. Looks great ! This is much alike one of the configurations I made [ exept for the glass roof, which I don't want anymore after experiencing a hailstorm with tennisballs of ice..].
Because the red matches with the lights, brake calipers, growler logo, and even seatbelts and/or upholstery of the seats if you want.. Problem is that I had already 5 cars
in red, the last one was an MG-F ... .. then I decided it would have looked better in BRG.. Alas now the BRG is almost black.

I used to go to Ireland regularly, about 20 years ago, love it. Thats where I picked up the idea of tarmac on the driveway. Very practical but very uncommen in the Netherlands.
With the green grass it gives a perfect contrast, and its low maintenance...

Last edited by Dan_NL; 04-14-2018 at 04:27 AM. Reason: added reply

Quick Reply: New 2.0 R dynamic finally here and i'm loven it