F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F TYpe R Owner: First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New F TYpe R Owner: First Impressions

First let me thank the forum members for all the great information shared as it made it easy to buy an F Type. I have decided it was time to sell my 2013 Camaro ZL1 with 630 RWHP as my wife simply never wanted to drive the car as it was so damn powerful. TO my surprise I sold it in a day and I was on the hunt for my next car. I have always loved the F Type R so I took my wife to a local dealer and as soon as we pulled up thre was a black SVR sitting out front. As soon as my wife saw the car, she said, yup that is our next car. Make it happen. I am fortunate enough that my wife is loves cars as much as I do and the way she decides whether or not she likes a car is she simply stands behind it while I start it up and decides if it is sounds good or not. Needless to say the Jag was an instant winner there too.

I wanted a 2015 Type R white w/ black and found the exact car I would ordered in Californian and bought the car sight unseen. SO far it has been a love affair. I have owned over 40 cars and the Jag is teh most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen in person. The lines on the car, especially in lighter color, are simply stunning. The *** of the Jaguar can even make a Brazilian woman jealous. Needless to say, like many others have commented in other posts, the car simply draws an amazing amount of positive attentions. I was a little nervous about buying such an exotic looking car but everyone just simply loves the car, without exception.

AS far as the sound of the R I am not sure there is anything else I can say otehr than perfection. My ZL1 was loud and angry like a heavy metal band back in the day but he Jaguar is like a opera singer hitting every note perfectly. That may sound a little odd but it is the only way to describe the harmonious snap, crackle, pop of the Jag. My 5 yr old is already a car junkie and asks to stand behind the car every time I start it up as he just loves the sound. Now he has also learned to ask me to hit the "speed" pedal to go fast. Poor boy is ruined already.

I wanted the RWD as I have been driving a RWD high HP car for over 2 yrs now and know how and when to use the power. I find the F Type wants to put the power down and feels like she is hunkering down the road. I can't wait to get a set of MPSS on the car as they are so much better than the Pirelli's. All in all I am very impressed with how the car puts the power down and how strong it pulls on the top end. ALl in all a very manageable, very fast car. I could not even put my ZL1 in first gear without obliterating the tires. Needless to say I am loving the all day power and torque curve on the F Type.

I have never owned a Jag before but I am impressed with the interior as well. I have the performance seats with the suede inserts and the alacantra headliner and I think the look of the interior is classy and beautiful. One of my favorites so far. I also have the flat bottom steering wheel and am 6'2" and I don't know how anyone can get in and out of the car without one. Overall the seats are comfortable and I live the layout of the car. As with everyone else my only gripe is that the stereo is awful but I am planning on getting the TSB done and hopefully that will fix the issue.

I know now only after 3 weeks of having the car that I made the right choice. The F Type is a "special" car that will be be in my garage for a very long time. Thanks again for all of your great comments as they truly helped me buy this great car withNew F TYpe R Owner: First Impressions-20170105_155650.jpg

New F TYpe R Owner: First Impressions-20170105_155700.jpgout reservation.

The following 2 users liked this post by jmos77:
BruceTheQuail (01-26-2017), Mbourne (01-26-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

congradulations! It looks amazing - white is my favorite color on the F Type.
You will enjoy every mile, because NOBODY ENJOYS MILES LIKE AN F TYPE OWENR - BELIEVE ME

Old 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice looking car. White and black look great together.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Congrats with a great looking car!

Regarding getting in and out, the settings for the steering wheel can be set so it automatic raises when ignition is turned off and the door is opened.

Not shure if it is a standard feature or an option, or that yours allready performes like that - but just a tip in case it does not, but still is available in the settings.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Very good looking spec

Congratulations and welcome!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Congrats on one of the most beautiful cars in the world! Enjoy.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:14 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice job finding what you wanted!

Had mine in for its first service this week and was jonesin' hard to have her back in the garage... F-Type = wheeled crack.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

I just love stories like that!

Congrats and welcome to the fun.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Welcome and glad you are pleased with your jag.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have already started calling my Jag the GRINMOBILE as I cannot seem to wipe that **** eating grin off my face. It is almost impossible to not smile while driving that car unless the blue and red lights are behind you.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jmos77
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have already started calling my Jag the GRINMOBILE as I cannot seem to wipe that **** eating grin off my face. It is almost impossible to not smile while driving that car unless the blue and red lights are behind you.
Bound to happen soon. You'll still smile as you're in the JAGGGGGGG.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

The TSB will resolve most of your stereo issues. Get the MPSS or the new MPSS4....I have a 2015 R, and the Michelins simply transform the car. Jaguar should bring the RWD option back but fit it with the Michelins as it does make that much of a difference.

Enjoy!!

Old 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback as I just scheduled my first service to get the stereo TSB completed. I am waiting to get the new Michelin's in the spring as I had MPSS on my last car and they made a bi difference so I am looking forward to getting them on my F Type. I am thoroughly enjoying the rear wheel drive and can't wait to get the new tires.