F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F-Type SVR Owner (Philadelphia Area)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 06:52 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New F-Type SVR Owner (Philadelphia Area)

Hello, JagForums!

After much searching, I finally found my Jag - a 2018 F-Type SVR in Ultra Blue Metallic! I have always been a car enthusiast, and have owned several Mustangs over the years, along with a 1969 Camaro. A few years ago, I switched to an Audi TTS. Although it was a great car and fun to drive, I missed that V8 sound!

The car should be shipped this week, and with so much closed due to Coronavirus, I am really looking forward to getting it and going for a drive! I have attached a few photos for you to see. It had a bright red wrap and Vossen wheels, but both are being removed to take it back to stock. It also has a bright red interior. I'm honestly not sure that I'm entirely sold on the color combination yet, but the interior itself is beautiful, and with as rare as these cars are, I'm wondering if there are any others out there like this. More to come on that later!

Looking forward to meeting you! Many of you have already been helpful to me throughout my search!

- Chantal

As I found it (wrapped).

Returning to its original Ultra Blue Metallic...

Almost done!

Red Interior!

The following 2 users liked this post by camstang6907:
Mbourne (03-16-2020), RideTheLightning (03-17-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 07:08 PM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Welcome neighbor!! I’m in North Wales,PA. I actually like the Blue with Red !

if you are getting the SVR wheels along with the Vossen and want to pass them along I’m looking for a set. 😎

Old 03-15-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR
Welcome neighbor!! I’m in North Wales,PA. I actually like the Blue with Red !

if you are getting the SVR wheels along with the Vossen and want to pass them along I’m looking for a set. 😎
MY husband works in Lansdale, so I know exactly where you're located. Maybe we'll run into you at a show or at a Cars and Coffee one day! Do you own the red F-Type in your avatar? If so, what year is it?

Unfortunately, I left those wheels with the seller. I didn't want them, and he took $4k off of the price as a result. That was certainly fine by me!

Old 03-15-2020, 08:30 PM
Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

2015 R RWD, with 18K miles, ceramic Pro lifetime coated and new Michelin rubber 3rd Sat of each month their is a C&C at the Starbucks on 611 across from the BCP. FB...Bucks County Exotics I could use some help against all the Ferrari owners that go. Lol

Old 03-15-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tp10XKR

2015 R RWD, with 18K miles, ceramic Pro lifetime coated and new Michelin rubber 3rd Sat of each month their is a C&C at the Starbucks on 611 across from the BCP. FB...Bucks County Exotics I could use some help against all the Ferrari owners that go. Lol
I heard about that one. Have they started it up yet for the year? There's also one at the Wegmans in Malvern every Saturday. If the car arrives this week, we'll take it out!

BTW, your car is beautiful!

The following users liked this post:
Tp10XKR (03-15-2020)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:14 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Stop in at the Malvern, PA cars and coffee. I'm usually the only one there with an F-Type. They meet every Saturday morning all year long (as long as it's not raining or snowing). Meet is located at the Wegmans, intersection of RT29 and Rt202.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bill W
Stop in at the Malvern, PA cars and coffee. I'm usually the only one there with an F-Type. They meet every Saturday morning all year long (as long as it's not raining or snowing). Meet is located at the Wegmans, intersection of RT29 and Rt202.
If the car arrives this week, I'll see you there!

Old 03-17-2020, 11:23 AM

I just received an e-mail from the organizer of the Malvern Cars and Coffee stating that "officially" they are shutting it down due to the Corona virus (personally I'd prefer the Heineken virus). I still plan to go this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I promise I won't breathe on anyone.

Old 03-17-2020, 11:56 AM

I just received an e-mail from the organizer of the Malvern Cars and Coffee stating that "officially" they are shutting it down due to the Corona virus (personally I'd prefer the Heineken virus). I still plan to go this Saturday if the weather cooperates. I promise I won't breathe on anyone.
They are washing their hands of it, and I get that.

I will admire your car from a 6-foot distance!

Old 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice, I saw that one on cars.com. Didn’t like the red?

Old 03-17-2020, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by camstang6907
They are washing their hands of it, and I get that.

I will admire your car from a 6-foot distance!
I'll do the same!

camstang6907 (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark G
Nice, I saw that one on cars.com. Didn’t like the red?
The red wasn't bad, but I was actually looking for one in Ultra Blue Metallic. Figured the wrap would have to come off eventually anyway, and I didn't want to deal with it (especially now that I know what a pain it was to remove)! It was a $7k wrap - they did the door jambs and everything! Ugh.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Looks great. I do like the ultra blue colour. That was my other choice when I was looking (I got ammonite grey in the end). Mine is also the full red leather package inside like yours - I wasn't sure about it at all when I was buying it, but actually I love it. It is nothing like as 'red' when you're driving (it's more striking when you get in). I think it gives it a real character and style. Can even see it from outside (so I didn't tint the windows)

Hopefully the wrap protected the paint work
Post pics once you get it out!
Happy driving.

camstang6907 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 08:56 PM

I'll do the same!
The Jag left Missouri this afternoon, so unfortunately, it won't be here in time for the unofficial Cars and Coffee. I was told it will be here on Sunday, but I'm hoping for a surprise tomorrow afternoon 🤞

Old 03-20-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Looks great. I do like the ultra blue colour. That was my other choice when I was looking (I got ammonite grey in the end). Mine is also the full red leather package inside like yours - I wasn't sure about it at all when I was buying it, but actually I love it. It is nothing like as 'red' when you're driving (it's more striking when you get in). I think it gives it a real character and style. Can even see it from outside (so I didn't tint the windows)

Hopefully the wrap protected the paint work
Post pics once you get it out!
Happy driving.
​​​So cool to meet a fellow "red interior" owner! I bet it looks awesome!

Now that the wrap is off and it's cleaned up, I have a better idea of the color combo. I think I'm going to like it. I attached a few pictures. (The wrap did protect the paint!) It left Missouri this afternoon, and will be here this weekend!

The following 2 users liked this post by camstang6907:
Phantomf4collector (05-10-2020), Tp10XKR (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

To go the whole hog with the red interior I recommend you fit a Wheelskins steering wheel cover: https://wheelskins.com
Top quality product, I have bought and fitted four of them now, and reasonably priced.
You can go all red, two tone red and black, half perforated, full perforated etc etc.
I put one on my F-Type a few months ago - two tone red and black with the black parts perforated.
The extra thickness feels much better than the relatively skinny stock F-Type wheel.
One word of warning - it takes time and patience to fit, around two hours!

camstang6907 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
To go the whole hog with the red interior I recommend you fit a Wheelskins steering wheel cover: https://wheelskins.com
Top quality product, I have bought and fitted four of them now, and reasonably priced.
You can go all red, two tone red and black, half perforated, full perforated etc etc.
I put one on my F-Type a few months ago - two tone red and black with the black parts perforated.
The extra thickness feels much better than the relatively skinny stock F-Type wheel.
One word of warning - it takes time and patience to fit, around two hours!
Awesome; will have to check that out! Thanks for the info!

Old 03-21-2020, 06:19 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
T
Do you have the round wheel? I wouldn't call my flat-bottomed one skinny!

camstang6907 (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Do you have the round wheel? I wouldn't call my flat-bottomed one skinny!
Agreed. Much thicker than the flat bottom wheel would feel awkward.

camstang6907 (03-21-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I saw you before at the meet. I’ve only been there once but I was glad to see another F-type. It makes me happy knowing how unique mine is compared to the other ones I see

The following 2 users liked this post by Daijon Udeh:
camstang6907 (03-25-2020), Phantomf4collector (05-10-2020)

Quick Reply: New F-Type SVR Owner (Philadelphia Area)