Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F-Type T-Shirts & Hoodies!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts
Default New F-Type T-Shirts & Hoodies!

I have a very dear friend—believe or it not, I have dear friends outside the F-Type forum—who owns a great company called monomalo (Bad Monkey). His name is Julio Albavi and I’ve known him a long time and, over the years, bought many fabulous t-shirts and other items from his store and, now, online. I’ve even bought many of his shirts as gifts for friends. Everything he produces is fantastic quality (friend or no friend, if he didn’t I wouldn’t buy it) and his designs are brilliant.

So last week, just out of the blue, I contacted Julio about producing a shirt for a friend of mine who owns a very special Corvette. She happens to be a Corvette fanatic—aren’t they all?—with a large circle of “Corvette friends”. Julio said, using a design of his he has used before as a starting point, and I am wearing (see photo below), “no problem” and, sure enough, he created several incredible designs. My friend flipped over them and will be sending her large group of ‘Vette friends images and links to Julio’s website, Instagram, Facebook, etc., spreading the word. (they are not up yet).

I then thought…why not create similar shirts using our F-Types. So that’s what Julio and I together did! My second, and third, posts will show the shirt—and hoodie—designs we have created; two distinctively different. Please note: 1) they are not yet up but will be soon. 2) they are made in and shipped from the USA. 3) unless otherwise noted, all shirts are 100% cotton; I think some or all of the hoodies might be a blend, but of the best quality. 4) there might be some design tweaks along the way, depending on demand. 5) it goes without saying—but I will say it anyway—I have 0 (ZERO) financial interest in any of this. My sole intent was producing shirts for this community—as well as outside our community—and help Julio promote his business. If you check out all his links—which I will provide in post #4—you will see ALL the great stuff he does. I presume, in addition to the F-Type shirts and hoodies, you will find something which might appeal to you to as well. Who knows?

Would you buy a shirt from this man?

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-07-2023 at 11:56 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Portlander (12-07-2023), RootBeerGMT (05-10-2024), Simonusa0 (02-26-2024), WayneB (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Default First F-Type Designs

Round One:

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Default Second F-Type Designs

And my personal favorites:

RootBeerGMT (05-10-2024)
Old 12-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Default Links To monomalo

Here are the links to Julio’s social media and websites (if you are interested in ordering, please be a little patient as Julio is traveling now but these should be available soon for purchase). NOTE to self: that includes me!

https://monomalo.store/

https://www.instagram.com/monomalo_mx

monomalo has a facebook page which I included a link to but that doesn’t seem to be working here. To be continued….

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-07-2023 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:39 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Love the design!
But is the emblem on the wrong side of the grill?? Mine is on driver's side (for LHD).

RickyJay52 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52

Would you buy a shirt from this man?
Fantastic shirts! I'm in--especially if he can mock up a '21+ version (fingers crossed). But either way, its a work of art.

And it looks like the Maine Tourism Board has spared no expense for their coastline beautification endeavor.

The following 3 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
DJS (12-07-2023), Portlander (12-07-2023), RickyJay52 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cstall
Love the design!
But is the emblem on the wrong side of the grill?? Mine is on driver's side (for LHD).
The designs are meant specifically for our friends across the pond; i.e. Great Britain. It is, after all, an “English” car; albeit made from parts all over the world!

Good eyes and call cstall! I doubled checked the photo I sent Julio and you are absolutely correct. For some unexplainable reason—since I rarely if ever do it—I must have “flipped” the image I sent him around. And…it’s an old photo of mine. Go figure. I am one who thinks the small things and details matter although in this case I’m going to let it pass and not bother informing my dear friend Julio. Despite it being MY mistake. Don’t tell anyone else cstall….and thank you.

Old 12-07-2023, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Fantastic shirts! I'm in--especially if he can mock up a '21+ version (fingers crossed). But either way, its a work of art.

And it looks like the Maine Tourism Board has spared no expense for their coastline beautification endeavor.
You gotta be difficult, don’t you? (I still love you). I’ve taken that into account and I anticipated people—like you—looking for their own specific make/model year/color car. Do you realize how much trouble (work) Julio would have on his hands if he accommodated everyone’s request? I’ve suggested—and he might do something along these lines in the future—using a more generic version of the F-Type (much like the Mustang on the shirt I am wearing in post #1)—but let’s see. I certainly would not want you or anyone to hold back buying something now. But, again, I have zero skin in the game other than turning you and everyone on to these fun shirts. And that my dear friend TD is the whole point.

Best regards and especially to your better half!

Old 12-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump

Global warming has been beneficial to the coast of Maine and palm trees are now finding our climate welcoming and white sandy beaches are the norm!

RickyJay52 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 02:51 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

The designs are meant specifically for our friends across the pond; i.e. Great Britain. It is, after all, an “English” car; albeit made from parts all over the world!

Good eyes and call cstall! I doubled checked the photo I sent Julio and you are absolutely correct. For some unexplainable reason—since I rarely if ever do it—I must have “flipped” the image I sent him around. And…it’s an old photo of mine. Go figure. I am one who thinks the small things and details matter although in this case I’m going to let it pass and not bother informing my dear friend Julio. Despite it being MY mistake. Don’t tell anyone else cstall….and thank you.
Presumably you flipped the image so the car travels in the "right" direction - left to right. If you want a proper British car pic (but white) I'll see what I can do .... But it'll need a good wash first. :-(

RickyJay52 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
Presumably you flipped the image so the car travels in the "right" direction - left to right. If you want a proper British car pic (but white) I'll see what I can do .... But it'll need a good wash first. :-(
ONLY because I started this thread:

Portlander (12-07-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

“I LOVE THESE!!!” (caps intended).

Just one of several positive responses I received since posting this thread yesterday. Also nice seeing 570 views in about 24 hours.

Waiting to hear from my friend Julio when these might start being produced. He is traveling now and I expect to hear from him soon.

And, let’s face it: does anyone here really need any more t-shirts? My guess is no. These shirts (and hoodies) are clearly a want and not a need. So here is an idea…why not purchase a handful, or two, and donate them to someone who does need them***. Perhaps a homeless shelter or maybe a center of some kind for underprivileged kids? The options are limitless. That’s what I would call a win-win-win. A win for someone in need, a win for you, and a win for my friend Julio. Me? I’ve already won just by trying to spread a little fun and positivity,

It’s simply an idea. And while you can certainly buy a less expensive shirt/hoodie to donate to any charity, who wouldn’t want a shirt/hoodie with a Jaguar F-Type on it, whether they have one or not?

***If I was going to donate any of these shirts/hoodies I will likely stick with the “LET’S GO!!!” version…for obvious reasons.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-08-2023 at 06:21 PM.
scm (12-09-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm one of those pedantic people who see it as a flipped image and just can't get past that. Of course, I'm also the person that sees flipped images in shows/movies. Chasing classic cars has a flipped video of a Mustang in the intro and I cannot unsee it. It's rather common for videos and graphic arts to flip an image to give the sense of flow they want, but it just jumps out at me.

Old 12-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

May I direct your attention to the famous/infamous and extremely valuable “Inverted Jenny” postage stamp:

Look, on the one hand, I think we might be making too much of such a small detail. Unless you own the car I doubt anyone would really notice. On the other hand…I totally get it. MEA CULPE! It’s definitely my fault. The odd thing is I rarely, IF EVER, flip my images around. So why I would send Julio a flipped image—when I am certain I have countless “unflipped” images—I just don’t know. I must have been, and might still be, flipped out!

I’ll mention this to Julio and see what he says.

🙏

P.S. I’ve just sent Julio a group of texts—remember, he is traveling and unable to access anything at the present time—explaining my screw up. I also sent him a new image which I would hope he can use to set things straight. Especially since he has not started production yet.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-08-2023 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default RJ...You Rock, Sir

As a terrific example Ricky, you have assisted and mentored sooo many on Jaguarforums. You will be "spared" thru 2023. Beginning 2024 you may receive a 5 minute major in the box!
Merry Christmas and Happy Chanuka Blessings to all that participate on this special forum.
My other British addictions below.

'68 T120R ORIGINAL Bonneville Land Speed Racer. 2024 Competition #724

'70 T120R Bonneville...ORIGINAL w/docs.

Fabbing / building / racing over 4 decades as "hobby"!

Sparky

The following 3 users liked this post by Sparky H:
bk000 (01-05-2024), McPhaul (12-27-2023), RickyJay52 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

P.S. I’ve just sent Julio a group of texts—remember, he is traveling and unable to access anything at the present time—explaining my screw up. I also sent him a new image which I would hope he can use to set things straight. Especially since he has not started production yet.
Jay, I’m hoping he prints off a few shirts before he makes the correction. I’d much rather have the misprint for a “where’s Waldo” conversation piece.

RickyJay52 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Jay, I’m hoping he prints off a few shirts before he makes the correction. I’d much rather have the misprint for a “where’s Waldo” conversation piece.
I agree and hope to get a reversed image one as well. It’s like a misprinted baseball card, or mis stamped coins. Collectors items sign me up!

RickyJay52 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-09-2023, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Originally Posted by Mbourne
I agree and hope to get a reversed image one as well. It’s like a misprinted baseball card, or mis stamped coins. Collectors items sign me up!
Personally, I love it!

When my friend gets back on the grid I will have a chat with him if we can print an Exclusive Limited Edition run of the famous/infamous “Inverted S”.

Thank you gentlemen.
NamaJay

Old 12-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Default T-Shirt & Hoodie Update

Good evening all.

Julio is now back on the grid. I have filled him in on the reverse F-Type image as well as other…let’s just say…fun facts. Julio is not only a brilliant designer but one heck of a nice guy (again, he wouldn’t be my friend if he wasn’t the latter). He has agreed to produce the “reverse image” as well as the “correct image”. I suggested that we sell a limited number of “reverse image” shirts—even just for the fun of it—but Julio reminded me that he plans to print and produce all these shirts and hoodies ON DEMAND. In other words, as the orders come in.

He even mentioned— and I hesitate to mention it—in the future he might be willing to accept custom designed shirts and hoodies with your car on it. (He is also very accommodating). Personally I would prefer he wait on the custom designs until he sees what kind of demand there is.

Julio told me he will start working on the new mocks up tomorrow. Once I have them I will post here and we are off to the races.

To be continued…

Old 12-11-2023, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

And, let’s face it: does anyone here really need any more t-shirts? My guess is no.
Need more t-shirts? That's my wardrove staple for about nine months of the year. Maybe ten.

***If I was going to donate any of these shirts/hoodies I will likely stick with the “LET’S GO!!!” version…for obvious reasons.
I'd be more inclined to go with a stereotypically English saying or perhaps some less proper English slang, but the inspiration eludes me at the moment. I like "The Prisoner" so "Tally Ho!" comes to mind, but I'm sure there's something much better out there.

RickyJay52 (12-12-2023)

Quick Reply: New F-Type T-Shirts & Hoodies!