Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F-Type T-Shirts & Hoodies!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I'd be more inclined to go with a stereotypically English saying or perhaps some less proper English slang, but the inspiration eludes me at the moment. I like "The Prisoner" so "Tally Ho!" comes to mind, but I'm sure there's something much better out there.
Agreed. I like The style of the mustang one for the car, too. Less color, which means less ink on the shirt.

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 04:13 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I'd be more inclined to go with a stereotypically English saying or perhaps some less proper English slang, but the inspiration eludes me at the moment. I like "The Prisoner" so "Tally Ho!" comes to mind, but I'm sure there's something much better out there.
"Tally Ho" is more usually associated with toffs riding horses, not cats.
"Off we jolly well go" seems a bit tame, though! Or maybe "Home James, and don't spare the horses"?

RickyJay52 (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Need more t-shirts? That's my wardrove staple for about nine months of the year. Maybe ten.

So now you’ll have 10+ months worth of shirts Steve. As far as what the shirts & hoodies say, the possibilities are, literally, limitless. But let’s get the ball rolling shall we? And then see where it takes us.

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Agreed. I like The style of the mustang one for the car, too. Less color, which means less ink on the shirt.
Less ink?! . Not sure what that means or how it relates to what lizzardo posted but Julio is currently—as I type—working on the generic version and I will post pics once I get them.

Originally Posted by scm
"Off we jolly well go" seems a bit tame, though! Or maybe "Home James, and don't spare the horses"?
Cheers Steve! Hope all remains well with you? I certainly hope so.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-12-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Yes, it was all that came to mind at the time, but didn't enthuse me. I was hoping for something less posh sounding, with a feel more like "Give it some welly" or "It's the dogs" but I haven't been off t'pub with any Englishmen in years. There was a motorcycling group that came from around the world that would have provided inspiration but it dissolved about 15 years ago after a brief but spectacular run.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
RickyJay52 (12-12-2023), scm (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Less inks means every time I get a shirt where there is a complete, full color image, the ink is thick and the shirt isn't as comfortable. The area with the heavy image moves and breathes less.

Old 12-12-2023, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Less inks means every time I get a shirt where there is a complete, full color image, the ink is thick and the shirt isn't as comfortable. The area with the heavy image moves and breathes less.
Ah, understood. You needn’t worry Vik. I have—and have bought—many of Julio’s shirts and they are all super soft! Thank you for clarifying.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-13-2023 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Alright. You've made the effort, I'll support it.

RickyJay52 (12-12-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
Default New Shirt & Hoodie Designs!

…are slightly delayed.

Julio and I have painstakingly—laboriously—texted back and forth constantly over the past week working on the designs of these, and other, shirts and hoodies. It’s something I enjoy—witness the 6 shirts I designed for each of 6 events; I’ve hosted 9 events, 3 were “shirtless”—and it’s Julio’s business. As mentioned in post #1, I have and have bought at least 30 shirts over the years from him—many for me and many as gifts for family and friends. They are fabulous designs, beautifully made, and I wear them all the time.

All this is to say this isn’t our first rodeo.

Julio texted me a little while ago explaining in far greater detail that I can comprehend*** (or really want to), something about the printing process and how some aspects of the shirts we’ve designed—I.e., the sense of speed we’ve created—is more costly to produce than other printing methods. ***For anyone interested in the details, let me know and I can post his very professional explanation.

He is working on some gentle modifications—Unhingd should appreciate that!—and has assured me that the essence of what we are creating will be true to our original concepts and designs.

Hence the reason behind my removing the latest images. Patience is, I am told, a virtue (and when it comes to driving, I am seriously lacking).

Best regards,
Jay

P.S. If anything, blame me! I have very specific tastes when it comes to design—so too does Julio—and I kept tweaking Julio more and more in the quest for speed!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-14-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Monomalo (12-15-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Default Shirts & Hoodies Are Ready!

https://monomalo.store/collections/a...ile-collection

Here we go kids. We made a few design tweaks—which I am quite pleased about—and we will add more to Julio’s fabulous automobile “collection” soon. Link to his shop above. (I will post photos of the hoodies in the next thread and I would direct your attention to Julio’s website for exactly what is available as well as some of the other cool stuff he had on his website).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-19-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Default A Few Hoodie Samples

Old 12-20-2023, 09:04 PM
Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cstall
Love the design!
But is the emblem on the wrong side of the grill?? Mine is on driver's side (for LHD).
Good eye and great catch, I would not have picked up on that! And thank you as I now must have one of those just because it is special

Old 12-27-2023, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
Default Inverted S Shirt & Hoodie Now Available

Good morning all.

The famous/infamous—and my screwup—“Inverted s” is now available. At my suggestion—actually the suggestion came from a few people here (I.e. Unhingd and Mbourne)—Julio has agreed to produce a few of these shirts and hoodies for those interested. He is initially only making them in Dark Gray BUT, if someone is interested in another color (Black, Red or Light Gray) to please PM me and I will let him know.

I do NOT want to get on a soapbox and try to promote [i.e. push] these shirts and hoodies here—particularly since 1) I have ZERO financial interest in any of this; I am doing this merely for the fun, for this forum, and for Julio and 2) Julio has been in the t-shirt business for a long time and produces a fantastic “product” but is relatively new to the world of online retail (his lovely brick and mortar business, which I used to frequent regularly, closed largely due to the pandemic). He is not an “official” advertiser here and I appreciate the forum (and the tolerance of advertisers) allowing me to post this thread. Thank you! As far as I’m concerned it’s win-win all around. We’re talking t-shirts and hoodies here and not a large conglomerate.

Last but not least, shipping is free for orders over $75 inside the US and, by the way, where these shirts and hoodies are made. If only I was inside the US I would order more. I’ve already ordered 4 just to start. Waiting for delivery.

Here is the link to see all of Julio’s “Automobile Collection”, which includes the ‘inverted s” shirt and hoodie:

Not me.

Still not me.

Thanks for checking these out!

Best regards,
RJ52

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-27-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Just ordered the hoodie and the t-shirts with the inverted S badge. Can’t help it, I like things that are slightly off. lol.

RickyJay52 (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Just ordered the hoodie and the t-shirts with the inverted S badge. Can’t help it, I like things that are slightly off. lol.
I was trying to avoid this reply but it’s like hitting a softball—something you should know about Unhingd—…could it be because you are slightly off? So says the man who drove your wife around DJS’s exclusive private golf course (I’ll be surprised if they let him back in as a member) while only wearing his robe? [HINT: Everyone in our group is slightly off. Some more than others. Why do you think we get along so well?].

By the way, my previous post didn’t do justice to viewing the “inverted s” in all its glory. Let’s see if this shot is any better:

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-28-2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:25 AM
Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Ordered one inverted S and one regular shirt!!

Last edited by SVR 575; 01-02-2024 at 10:46 AM.
RickyJay52 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

You can thank—or blame—veteran forum member DJS for suggesting the following.

The [true] story goes I was driving back from a long weekend in NYC along with two buddies of mine. 3 people, 3 cars and I was very excited to return to Maine and to my wife as quickly as I could. And since it was just the 3 of us—versus an “event size 15”—I felt I could push the (speed) limits considerably more than usual. I will leave your imagination to just how fast I led our trio on the roughly 325 mile journey out of NYC, into Connecticut, and into Massachusetts (before New Hampshire and then Maine). I’ve led numerous groups of (many) cars over the years and am highly attuned to what passes as driving safely yet aggressively (speed) and what passes as acting like an a-hole.

Briefly, regardless of the speeds attained, one never cuts people off and/or acts like a moron. That will tick someone if not many on the road off and you are asking for trouble. [Ask me how I know. Thankfully I was not involved in “that” incident].

We had our cell phones to communicate with each other and one of the “policies” of driving in a group is in the event someone gets pulled over (shudder the thought), common courtesy dictates that we all meet at the next exit. We were together most of our drive out of NYC, into Connecticut and most of Massachusetts, although there were times my buddies were not exactly keeping up with me; not that I was trying to elude them, merely get home to my wife as quickly as possible.

So we are somewhere in Massachusetts, 495 North, roughly Exit 54 or so, when I lose complete sight of my buddies, 1 minute goes by and I get a phone call. “Jay, we just got pulled over”. Me: “What??? OK…I will wait for you at the next exit”. I pull over at the next exit and wait. And wait. 30-45 minutes go by and my friends finally show up. Smiling, Me: “What happened?”. “The State Trooper was a really nice guy and gave us a break” Me: “No ticket?” “No, he gave us each a ticket but for much less than we were actually going”. Me: “Didn’t you try to talk your way out of it”? “We did try but he was a really big guy and we didn’t want to push our luck. We wanted to tell him, Officer, the real culprit is waiting for us at the next exit. If you hurry you can catch him. But what I really wanted to say was, Officer, we were riding on the coattails of the devil”.

Keep those words in mind here soon…

Addendum to that story: the rest of the drive my friends, understandably, would not go even 1 mph over the speed limit. Both ended up paying a whopper of a fine but we still laugh out loud thinking of that little drive from NYC to Maine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, when I was rejoined with my two buddies—and after such a lengthy period of time—they had to, excuse me, “relieve” themselves (in an empty parking lot where I was waiting). And did I mention that the same State Trooper was just getting off the same exit as this was happening? Luckily there were no further infractions, such as disorderly conduct (all our conduct on that drive was orderly disorderly) or public nuisance (all our behavior on that drive was a public nuisance).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 01-04-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

My shirt and hoodie arrived today! The reversed “S” of course. Great look and really nice quality. Thanks Jay for the idea and thanks to to your friend for such wonderful work and service.

Last edited by Mbourne; 01-04-2024 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Can’t spell!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mbourne:
RickyJay52 (01-05-2024), SVR 575 (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
You can thank—or blame—veteran forum member DJS for suggesting the following.

The [true] story goes ...
Miscreants and reprobates, all of you. I expect we'd get along.

The following 2 users liked this post by lizzardo:
Mbourne (01-04-2024), SVR 575 (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member

Miscreants and reprobates, all of you. I expect we'd get along.
Steve, after all these years conversing one way or another, it’s a little late to “expect” we’d get along. I think we are way past that. Truth is, I am certain—knowing you the way I do—you would get along with all our group of merry…sorry…miscreants & reprobates.

These will be added to my friend’s website soon, if they haven’t been already:

A gentle reminder, for those just tuning in: I have 0—zero, nada, glitch—-financial interest in any of this. I’m doing this expressly for the fun of it—I helped design each of these—and for the fun and pleasure of this (yes, this) forum and it’s members (and non-members I suppose). And, yes, to help my friend promote his little business. Win-win-win.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 01-05-2024 at 07:38 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mbourne (01-05-2024), scm (01-05-2024), SVR 575 (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member

The hoodie versions:

The following 3 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
Mbourne (01-05-2024), scm (01-05-2024), SVR 575 (01-05-2024)

Quick Reply: New F-Type T-Shirts & Hoodies!