F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here with my F-Type R and refit thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile New here with my F-Type R and refit thread

Hey guys I am a new f type owner from Canada and just know this good forum help me find out some problems.

Just join you guys and hope have fun here lol. here is my babe hope you guys enjoy it.

My IG is Jag_ftr.

New wheels
Front lip just installed today.
Found out a post teach me how to disabled the electric spoiler, really appreciate.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

That's a mean looking R What front lip and rear wing is that? Welcome!

Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

Love the car but not a fan of that front lip and wing as they ruin the beautiful lines. Leave that nonsense for the Honda Civic crowd.

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 10-05-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
Love the car but not a fan of that front lip and wing as they ruin the beautiful lines. Leave that nonsense for the Honda Civic crowd.
Lucky for us, other high-end car manufactures don't have the same "Honda Civic nonsense" mentality. We would have a lot of boring looking supercars with no aero.

The following 2 users liked this post by FR500GT:
JAVIZZ (10-06-2017), Panthro (10-10-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 AM

Thx man, those are Project 7 front lip and GT spoiler. I love those lol. don't care about the haters.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (10-10-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Only real negative to the custom front spoiler is you cannot use a stow-n-sho plate mount. A bumper mounted plate sucks.

It looks like you had one in the first pic and then had to move it up to the bumper. I'd get rid of the license plate frame in favor of a very minimalist frame with no lettering if on the bumper. More subtle in that less then desirable mount location. If your 'DMV' has them get a darker themed plate.

Just nitpicking. Absolute beautiful F-type regardless.

http://shop.bigmikesperformanceparts...Type-SNS68.htm

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 10-06-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JAVIZZ
Thx man, those are Project 7 front lip and GT spoiler. I love those lol. don't care about the haters.

I just recently sold my Audi R8 V10 Spyder. It had all the carbon fiber "goodies" (front lip, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, canards........). In the R8 community, those items are in VERY high demand and must have items as well as aftermarket wheels!!!!!

Now that I've just purchased my F-Type, it's interesting how most F-Type owners really dislike those add-on parts on these cars.

Personally, I think they make the car look even better and I think JAVIZZ has an awesome looking car!! And for those that don't like it, that's okay, as we're all unique.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (10-10-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by drpaul
I just recently sold my Audi R8 V10 Spyder. It had all the carbon fiber "goodies" (front lip, rear spoiler, rear diffuser, canards........). In the R8 community, those items are in VERY high demand and must have items as well as aftermarket wheels!!!!!

Now that I've just purchased my F-Type, it's interesting how most F-Type owners really dislike those add-on parts on these cars.

Personally, I think they make the car look even better and I think JAVIZZ has an awesome looking car!! And for those that don't like it, that's okay, as we're all unique.
Sure all those parts from IG@1SECARBON(not sure is it good to post here.....) , I just ordered the diffuser and side skirts coming soon! really excited lol. BTW thx a lot man!!

Old 10-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Only real negative to the custom front spoiler is you cannot use a stow-n-sho plate mount. A bumper mounted plate sucks.

It looks like you had one in the first pic and then had to move it up to the bumper. I'd get rid of the license plate frame in favor of a very minimalist frame with no lettering if on the bumper. More subtle in that less then desirable mount location. If your 'DMV' has them get a darker themed plate.

Just nitpicking. Absolute beautiful F-type regardless.

STO N SHO 2013-2017 Jaguar F-Type

Yeah correct, thats annoying me... I really like that license plate bracket

Old 10-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Sure all those parts from IG@1SECARBON(not sure is it good to post here.....) , I just ordered the diffuser and side skirts coming soon! really excited lol. BTW thx a lot man!!
JAVIZZ I really like the carbon fiber wing... how tall is it? Can you post a side shot of it or a quarter panel to rear picture?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Nice car. Welcome. :-) .....and FWIW, I like the lip and wing; Project 7 parts are very
cool....I still need to install my P7 grill one of these days.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by drpaul

Yeah, it's just a different type of owner over here. Not many want to step outside the box (which is okay) but unfortunately that means a lot of the same looking cars. I actually came close to purchasing a V8 R8 but decided to hold off for a few more years and ended up with the F-Type for now.

I just checked them out online but they don't have anything advertised. Is it a Project 7 style rear diffuser or something different?

Old 10-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
...I still need to install my P7 grill one of these days.
+1. sensors are mounted, but not looking forward to the nose R&R until after the finger heals.

Last edited by Unhingd; 10-06-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Yeah, it's just a different type of owner over here. Not many want to step outside the box (which is okay) but unfortunately that means a lot of the same looking cars. I actually came close to purchasing a V8 R8 but decided to hold off for a few more years and ended up with the F-Type for now.

I just checked them out online but they don't have anything advertised. Is it a Project 7 style rear diffuser or something different?
Actually they have but they just don't have many f type owners here so.... They did good job on BBA brands and my kit looks good too. Not the Chinese Junk I bought before lol.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by MI-FType
JAVIZZ I really like the carbon fiber wing... how tall is it? Can you post a side shot of it or a quarter panel to rear picture?

Here is it.

The following 2 users liked this post by JAVIZZ:
MI-FType (10-08-2017), Panthro (10-10-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 01:45 AM

Just asked they said they will wait all my parts on so they will take some good shots

Old 10-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Just asked they said they will wait all my parts on so they will take some good shots
Yep, just talked to them last night and they sent me pictures of your car as well as the rest of the kit. It's pretty much a Project 7 Rep. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the kit installed!

Old 10-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

After 4 years of ownership I might be ready to spice up the car with the wing. I did the Mina Design CF bits after the first year!

Old 10-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Lucky for us, other high-end car manufactures don't have the same "Honda Civic nonsense" mentality. We would have a lot of boring looking supercars with no aero.
I take your point regarding the contribution to looks of high performance cars from spoliers, rear wings etc.

Thing is most manufacturers market these as aerodynamic aids, whereas many oem or even aftermarket rear wings contribute little to no useful downforce or even reduction in lift, furthermore what positive effect they do have usually comes into effect well in excess of 120mph, a speed I'm guessing most of us don't spend significant time driving at.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I would wager that the sideboards on the F-Type aerokit don’t offer much in the way of aerodynamic benefit even at supersonic speed. A simple side air dam would be far more effective.

Last edited by Unhingd; 10-08-2017 at 01:30 PM.