Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here.... Question about F Type R

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here.... Question about F Type R

Hello,

Just wondered to those that have ordered a R... How long is the process and any discounts from Sticker?

Thanks!!!!

Old 04-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

My delivery date, which the dealer says is typical, is ~90 days from the date they submit the order. No discounts from sticker from my dealer, though I didn't think ANY dealer threw in discounts on custom orders. In the case of my dealership, they are only allotted a few R Coupe orders a month. Right now they have a waiting list for people who want to place orders.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I hope dealers start negotiating on the price of the R by the end of summer, similar to how the V8S got a lot of wiggle room. You can even get a dealer demo V8S now for $15k off MSRP.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 PM

Dealers always have room to wiggle. Cars that are in stock cost the dealership money the longer they sit. When you order one custom, the car is a guaranteed sale so there's very little motivation to lower their profit margin. After the R has been out for a year, I'd bet the number of them sitting in showroom floors will increase and the wiggling will commence.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ungineer
Dealers always have room to wiggle. Cars that are in stock cost the dealership money the longer they sit. When you order one custom, the car is a guaranteed sale so there's very little motivation to lower their profit margin. After the R has been out for a year, I'd bet the number of them sitting in showroom floors will increase and the wiggling will commence.
This information is inaccurate.^

Any custom ordered car will be sticker price, as you are building it.
You cant build the car you want then ask for a discount not because its a guaranteed sale ( because it never is until the car is driven off the lot, even with a deposit ) but because the dealer did not pick that car and often custom order cars aren't your typical sell-able lot car.

With any car, the long it is out the more intensives the dealer and Jaguar will give.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JaguarTampa
This information is inaccurate.^

Any custom ordered car will be sticker price, as you are building it.
You cant build the car you want then ask for a discount not because its a guaranteed sale ( because it never is until the car is driven off the lot, even with a deposit ) but because the dealer did not pick that car and often custom order cars aren't your typical sell-able lot car.

With any car, the long it is out the more intensives the dealer and Jaguar will give.
if I called the 4 dealers within 100 miles saying that whoever gives me the best deal will get my order for a custom built car, are you saying that none would go below MSRP because it is custom?

Old 04-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a new model and all the interest predicates not having to discount the car.

I custom ordered my C2S and got a nice discount on it......

Old 04-19-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by FLDriver
if I called the 4 dealers within 100 miles saying that whoever gives me the best deal will get my order for a custom built car, are you saying that none would go below MSRP because it is custom?
There's always a chance one would. Not sure about other dealerships, but Jaguar currently allots our dealership only one S Coupe and one R Coupe per month to order. So far all of the order slots for the R at our dealership have been taken by individuals leaving none for the dealer to have one on the showroom floor. Our dealership also asks for a larger deposit if the customer orders a strange color combination that they may not be able to sell if he/she walks away from the order when it arrives.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Not sure how it is in other states but in CA all vehicle deposits are refundable. Any dealer that tells you otherwise is breaking the law even if they write it into a contract. That's why I will only ever put down $500 to hold a custom order. Anything more and the dealer is just playing with your money. It is zero benefit to you to give them so much cash when they don't have the car.

And you can always negotiate on custom orders. How much depends on the dealer, the car, and the allocations available. Just don't think that because it is custom that it is only going to be available for MSRP.