F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner, question about Blind Spot Information System

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:44 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default new owner, question about Blind Spot Information System

Hey guys, new Jaguar F type v6s coupe owner here. I was wondering if anyone has experience installing aftermarket blind spot monitor systems on the F type. My car didn't come with this option from the factory and I was wondering if I can install aftermarket ones, my dealer says he cannot do it using factory parts.

Also, anyone get aftermarket tires/rims for the car? What spec do you guys recommend for the tires? I want to stay at 19 as the car is a bit bumpy for me, should I go wider than 245/275 or stay as is?

Thanks for your time, Bo =D

Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest1
Hey guys, new Jaguar F type v6s coupe owner here. I was wondering if anyone has experience installing aftermarket blind spot monitor systems on the F type. My car didn't come with this option from the factory and I was wondering if I can install aftermarket ones, my dealer says he cannot do it using factory parts.

Also, anyone get aftermarket tires/rims for the car? What spec do you guys recommend for the tires? I want to stay at 19 as the car is a bit bumpy for me, should I go wider than 245/275 or stay as is?

Thanks for your time, Bo =D
If you stick with your present wheels (19x8.5,9.5), the stock tire size is pretty much the limit for optimal performance. If you go to wider wheels (19x9,10.5 and with the right offset) you can safely increase the tire widths to 255/305. The offset should be the same as on the OEM 20" wheels (55/38mm). Let me know if you need help calculating the right aspect ratio for that project.

Also, since you have the S, you should have adjustable suspension settings. Have you attempted to dial those in for your preferred ride?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 AM

Hello, thanks for the reply.

It would be awesome if you can calculate the offset for me, for my previous cars (e92 m3 and b8 s4) I just browse through the forums and use the settings people recommend. Are you saying 55/38mm is the way to go or if there are other numbers I need to consider. I just want more grip.

I haven't started messing around with the adjustable suspension settings, just got my car. Do you mean going on a suspension/alignment store and going on a lift or doing in-car suspension settings? I just got my car 3 days ago and havn't had the time to look into these things yet.

Thanks again

Old 04-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

It would be awesome if you can calculate the offset for me, for my previous cars (e92 m3 and b8 s4) I just browse through the forums and use the settings people recommend. Are you saying 55/38mm is the way to go or if there are other numbers I need to consider. I just want more grip.

I haven't started messing around with the adjustable suspension settings, just got my car. Do you mean going on a suspension/alignment store and going on a lift or doing in-car suspension settings? I just got my car 3 days ago and havn't had the time to look into these things yet.

Thanks again
He means that on a V6S, you can change suspension settings within the Dynamic mode menu on your center dash touch screen. You can change the ride firmness to some extent, but it's never going to feel "soft."

Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks again

My recommendation if you really want to stay with 19" wheels:
Front: wheels 19x9" (55mm offset) tires 255/40-19
Rear: wheels 19x10.5 (38mm offset) tires 295/35-19

This will keep the outside tire diameter relatively unchanged.

Regarding suspension, I do not have the F-Type in hand yet but I understand the ride can be adjusted from the menu on the display. Others on this forum will know better and should be able to advise you. If you can get the suspension set to your satisfaction, I would strongly advise going to the 20" wheel for the wider tires. Factory OEM take-offs are readily available at a reasonable price.

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-14-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
He means that on a V6S, you can change suspension settings within the Dynamic mode menu on your center dash touch screen. You can change the ride firmness to some extent, but it's never going to feel "soft."

Configurable dynamics was an option in 2014 (which I didn't get.) Looks like it's standard on the 2016 V6S. Don't know about the 2015. What year do you have?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Configurable dynamics was an option in 2014 (which I didn't get.) Looks like it's standard on the 2016 V6S. Don't know about the 2015. What year do you have?
The OP is in China, not the US. Standard options vary by country.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:48 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Good point, missed that. So he may or may not have configurable dynamics, and therefore may or may not be able to change the ride characteristics, other than Dynamic Mode on/off.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
It is not standard on the 2015 V6S.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

It was in the UK. Only the base V6 came without it...

Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 PM

hey guys, I checked the extra features on the center console, I do not have the configurable dynamics. I am going to ask my dealer if it can be retrofitted, I am guessing its just softwares. The f types here in China all have very strange options. The red caliber brakes on the S are extra cost options, most of the cars don't have navigation systems or blind spot monitors.

lhoboy, why do you recommend the 20s for wider tires? Are they more effective with wider tires? I am a newbie with these things. My audi b8 s4 had the stasis touring package with 20s. The car handled well and looked really nice but roads in China are horrible and I am worried about the sidewall of the tires if I go 20s.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member

hey guys, I checked the extra features on the center console, I do not have the configurable dynamics. I am going to ask my dealer if it can be retrofitted, I am guessing its just softwares. The f types here in China all have very strange options. The red caliber brakes on the S are extra cost options, most of the cars don't have navigation systems or blind spot monitors.

lhoboy, why do you recommend the 20s for wider tires? Are they more effective with wider tires? I am a newbie with these things. My audi b8 s4 had the stasis touring package with 20s. The car handled well and looked really nice but roads in China are horrible and I am worried about the sidewall of the tires if I go 20s.
2 reasons for going to 20" wheels:
1. It allows you to go to a lower profile tire (shorter sidewall) for the same outside wheel diameter.( 35 front/30 rear instead of 40 front/35 rear)This reduces tire chatter around high speed turns and will provide greater traction.
2. Jaguar offers a wide range of optional 20" wheels with the right widths and offsets. I don't know how many aftermarket 19" wheels will have the right specifications. Also, at least here in the US, low mileage used 20" Jaguar wheels are readily available at good prices.

As you suggest, the 20" wheels, however, may not be practical because of the road conditions in China.

Here in the US, on the V6S the red calipers are also an additional cost (same exact caliper as the black ones)

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-14-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
2 reasons for going to 20" wheels:
1. It allows you to go to a lower profile tire (shorter sidewall) for the same outside wheel diameter.( 35 front/30 rear instead of 40 front/35 rear)This reduces tire chatter around high speed turns and will provide greater traction.
2. Jaguar offers a wide range of optional 20" wheels with the right widths and offsets. I don't know how many aftermarket 19" wheels will have the right specifications. Also, at least here in the US, low mileage used 20" Jaguar wheels are readily available at good prices.

As you suggest, the 20" wheels, however, may not be practical because of the road conditions in China.

Here in the US, on the V6S the red calipers are also an additional cost (same exact caliper as the black ones)

Ya I am going to go for 19s, just gotta find the right aftermarket 19s like you said. The red calibers here in China are actually an upgrade (bigger) than the yellow standard ones.

On another note, what do you guys use for tire pressure on the stock 19s? I read 36 all around? Is it better to go slightly higher on the front because the car is a lil bit front baised?

Old 04-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Veteran Member

Ya I am going to go for 19s, just gotta find the right aftermarket 19s like you said. The red calibers here in China are actually an upgrade (bigger) than the yellow standard ones.

On another note, what do you guys use for tire pressure on the stock 19s? I read 36 all around? Is it better to go slightly higher on the front because the car is a lil bit front baised?
36 all around when the tire is cold is just fine. The V6S is almost perfectly balanced at 50/50 front/rear weight.

Interesting: here in the US, the yellow calipers are the $13,000 high-end ceramic brake option.