Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner & some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner & some questions.

Hello ppl,

I am Arthur, and Im owner of a F-type for about two weeks.
I've bought the car used, its a 2015 V6 340PS coupe, I got it with 17,000 Km.
It does have pretty good options, like: Active sport exhausts, Panorama glass roof, Technology pack, Climate pack, Lights pack... etc

I am trading my 19" Propeler wheels for 20" Gyrodynes. Also Im gonna add the Exterior Sport Design package, side sills and rear spoiler.

I have a question about the V6 exhaust dual pipe style. I am not a big fan of center dual pipe exhausts (kind of reminds me Cayman and Boxster), and i was thinking if I can fit a F-type R rear bumper and quad exhausts on a base V6? Has anyone did this modification?

Thank y'all

Old 03-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 588 Likes on 401 Posts

There's been some discussion on swapping exhausts and some difference of opinion of which looks best. I happen to like the central exhaust because it follows the look of the classic E-Type.

Anyway, here is a link with some useful diagrams:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-v8-v6-150072/

There's a bit more than just the exhaust, itself, to change; the rear valence is molded to fit. <BR>Meanwhile, welcome to the club!

Old 03-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by arthurmorrison
Hello ppl,

I am Arthur, and Im owner of a F-type for about two weeks.
I've bought the car used, its a 2015 V6 340PS coupe, I got it with 17,000 Km.
It does have pretty good options, like: Active sport exhausts, Panorama glass roof, Technology pack, Climate pack, Lights pack... etc

I am trading my 19" Propeler wheels for 20" Gyrodynes. Also Im gonna add the Exterior Sport Design package, side sills and rear spoiler.

I have a question about the V6 exhaust dual pipe style. I am not a big fan of center dual pipe exhausts (kind of reminds me Cayman and Boxster), and i was thinking if I can fit a F-type R rear bumper and quad exhausts on a base V6? Has anyone did this modification?

Thank y'all
Should be doable, but $$$. If it is, I'll try to install an SVR exhaust on my V6S. Good move with the Gyrodynes.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm still in the process of sourcing parts for this swap. So far I've gotten the lower portion of the rear bumper. I still need the actual muffler, the rear reverse/foglights as the mounting points are different and are different part number from the V6 and the additional tubing to connect the active exhaust valves to the solenoid.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:23 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Can't say I like your taste, I reckon the fixed spoiler look awful and ruins the lines of the perfect butt on the coupe, and I prefer the central pipes.

But congratulations and enjoy your car.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
There's been some discussion on swapping exhausts and some difference of opinion of which looks best. I happen to like the central exhaust because it follows the look of the classic E-Type.

Meanwhile, welcome to the club!
+1 I prefer the cleaner look of the V6 rear. The combination of V8 pipes and valence are not objectionable, but just not as classy.