F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Remote App

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts
Default New Remote App

Now the new remote app monitors all vital components of the car like tire pressure, oil level, brake pad thickness etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by Buckingham:
BigCat09 (12-27-2016), Unhingd (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

What did you do to get that additional info? Mine still has only gas, range, odo, location and journeys.
Larry

Old 12-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
What did you do to get that additional info? Mine still has only gas, range, odo, location and journeys.
Larry
You shouldn't need to do anything except swipe left to the third screen, the Vehicle Health report is at the bottom.

The following users liked this post:
Buckingham (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts
Old 12-27-2016, 02:23 PM

I had the Health Reports turned off in Comm preferences, but the App is not even giving me Journeys now, maybe because the car is asleep. I will try again after I drive it.
Larry

Old 12-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I had the Health Reports turned off in Comm preferences, but the App is not even giving me Journeys now, maybe because the car is asleep. I will try again after I drive it.
Larry
Just leave the app open a minute or two. The journeys will eventually reconnect with your device.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

For those with these new health reports, are you all running iPhones? Nothing on my Android as yet, and no updates pending to the app either...

Old 12-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't even set this up on my car yet.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

So In-Control App is optional factory feature at $400 in 2015 and no 'remote' or 'remote start' in 2015? In 2016+ ? ......

Old 12-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

My app says its bee asleep since December 23rd and I drove the car 3 times a day since and it won't work. IT tells me it is a asleep.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
For those with these new health reports, are you all running iPhones? Nothing on my Android as yet, and no updates pending to the app either...
I 'm running an iPhone.

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
So In-Control App is optional factory feature at $400 in 2015 and no 'remote' or 'remote start' in 2015? In 2016+ ? ......
Yes, starting in 2016, inControl Apps (Contacts, Calendar, Music, Parkopedia, Accuweather) is standard as well as the Remote and JustDrive add-ons which I do not believe are compatible with 2015 vehicles.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:21 AM

I woke up the car and Journeys are back, but no Health. Must only work with iPhones as I have Android also.

Larry

Old 12-28-2016, 08:43 PM

My journeys never show up. Is there a trick or do i just keep on waiting?

Also, is this update for the premium version of incontrol?

Old 12-29-2016, 02:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SGT h0llywood
My journeys never show up. Is there a trick or do i just keep on waiting?

Also, is this update for the premium version of incontrol?
I don't believe there is a premium version of inControl. However, Remote only works with 2016+ cars. Check the 4th screen in Remote (settings) to make certain you have journey tracking turned on.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I don't believe there is a premium version of inControl. However, Remote only works with 2016+ cars. Check the 4th screen in Remote (settings) to make certain you have journey tracking turned on.
I thought I read somewhere there were 2 versions of the inControl app. I believe I have the regular version and not the premium.

Based on Jaguar's website, there is such a PRemium but can you guys who have the new info on your app, do you have Premium or regular?

In addition, per Jaguar, they also have updated it so you can monitor your car from your Apple Watch..which leads me to believe the update is only for Apple.

InControl | Remote Premium

Old 12-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I understand convenience of this app, but consider for a moment what you are actually enabling. By activating this feature you allow two-way communication over internet with your car. This includes information offered through your app, but it also includes other type of information available through your infotainment system, like your car's GPS coordinates, your contact list, and your call history.

Hopefully, you never have to deal with this, but if this information is uploaded from your car, it also means that it is stored, internationally, and it also means that it is much easier for law enforcement for any jurisdiction and international litigants to access it. So don't park your F-type outside your mistress' house unless you have bulletproof prenap, as you don't even have to be followed and photographed anymore for this to turn up.

For privacy reasons, I never activated this feature and never consented to data collection. Doesn't mean this data is not collected, but at least JLR doesn't have my permission to do so. Still, when I have to attend sensitive matters I leave my phone in the office and drive one of my all-analog classic cars.

Last edited by SinF; 12-29-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by SinF
I understand convenience of this app, but consider for a moment what you are actually enabling. By activating this feature you allow two-way communication over internet with your car. This includes information offered through your app, but it also includes other type of information available through your infotainment system, like your car's GPS coordinates, your contact list, and your call history.

Hopefully, you never have to deal with this, but if this information is uploaded from your car, it also means that it is stored, internationally, and it also means that it is much easier for law enforcement for any jurisdiction and international litigants to access it.

Personally, I never activated this feature and never consented to data collection.
Yes, that goes with anything really in this modern age. The law of unintended consequences.

We get that with new technology today such as those with smart home products such as Amazon's Alexa or Google Home where the product automatically records your conversations, to include random visitor's who don't know it is recording. The police can obtain warrants to go through the products and capture these conversations.

I don't have Apple, but I think it would enhance the ownership of the vehicle by being able to monitor your vehicle from you smart phone/watch.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

I thought I read somewhere there were 2 versions of the inControl app. I believe I have the regular version and not the premium.

Based on Jaguar's website, there is such a PRemium but can you guys who have the new info on your app, do you have Premium or regular?

In addition, per Jaguar, they also have updated it so you can monitor your car from your Apple Watch..which leads me to believe the update is only for Apple.

InControl | Remote Premium

I did a little research: The "Remote" App is officially called inControl Remote Premium. There is no lesser version of the "Remote" app. I don't have Climate control, only because they decided not to remote start enable the manual transmissions for safety reasons. Remote is called premium because you have to pay a subscription fee after the initial free 5 year subscription runs out (mine runs out in 2020).

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-29-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I did a little research: The "Remote" App is officially called inControl Remote Premium. There is no lesser version of the "Remote" app. I don't have Climate control, only because they decided not to remote start enable the manual transmissions for safety reasons. Remote is called premium because you have to pay a subscription fee after the initial free 5 year subscription runs out (mine runs out in 2020).
I believe you are correct in that there is only one remote app. The only question that I have is when will Jaguar update the app for the Android.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I believe you are correct in that there is only one remote app. The only question that I have is when will Jaguar update the app for the Android.
Considering that there's still no sign of the JustDrive app on Android, I'm not holding my breath for this update either!