F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New track coming to Pontiac Michigan this fall!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts
Default New track coming to Pontiac Michigan this fall!

Facebook Post

The following 2 users liked this post by mikelanzetta:
Mahjik (04-22-2016), Smoke Em (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

I hadn't heard about this (shows how much attention I pay, living 15 minutes away) but i'm a little surprised they did this. Waterford Hills is not 5 minutes from my house and also a 1.5 mile road course. Sounds like this is more focused at the rich crowd (again, odd they chose Pontiac...) and public entry isn't going to be frequent or easy. I won't be able to afford it, but its nice they're adding some much needed tracks to the area. Maybe they'll let FCA do some testing on site and i'll get some track time.

I did get a chuckle when they said there would be elevation changes haha

The following users liked this post:
mikelanzetta (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I hadn't heard about this (shows how much attention I pay, living 15 minutes away) but i'm a little surprised they did this. Waterford Hills is not 5 minutes from my house and also a 1.5 mile road course. Sounds like this is more focused at the rich crowd (again, odd they chose Pontiac...) and public entry isn't going to be frequent or easy. I won't be able to afford it, but its nice they're adding some much needed tracks to the area. Maybe they'll let FCA do some testing on site and i'll get some track time.

I did get a chuckle when they said there would be elevation changes haha
Have you been to Waterford? I'm thinking of scheduling on Open Track day, what do you know about it?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I looked into buying one with a buddy and his brother in law, we even had one of the first phase reserved until several months ago when we ultimately decided against it. Not clear I would get over there often enough and the track will be owned by an entity other than the car condo association, so the owners don't really have control over access to the track.

That same buddy has been calling Waterford to see about a group of us paying for a private track day/half day, but can't seem to get a response. I've been on that track once in my Maser, but maybe this summer it'll be the Jag!

Old 04-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers
That same buddy has been calling Waterford to see about a group of us paying for a private track day/half day, but can't seem to get a response. I've been on that track once in my Maser, but maybe this summer it'll be the Jag!
Waterford Hills costs $1000 a day for track rental. I work along side Roush, and a bunch of those guys practically live at the track; so I'm sure I can get you the proper contact person if you need it. Only downside to that track is its on a dirt road. I've never been, even though I live 2 miles away.