F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here - Decisions, decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newbie here - Decisions, decisions...

Hey guys,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, reading feedback and stories about you Jag owners, lusting over your F types . I've read all the reviews and seen countless videos (yes, I even watch the engine revving videos )
I've never owned a Jaguar, but I soon will(yay!), I'm set on a Coupe S, polaris white, pano roof, black tornado wheels, red leather package, etc... the other options are still up in the air.
I wish I could afford the R coupe, but at $230k here in Costa Rica, it's out of the question, but the Coupe S seems more than capable, and (I'm coming over from 600hp+ AMG's, and to be honest, all that power is useless in daily driving...)

I have a few questions for current owners:

Which option packages are a must for an F-type?, still undecided between the 10-12 meridian, brake upgrade (to the red caliper), design, black or carbon package?, vision package, etc...

Is it me or the Pano roof WA$ an option in 2015, but it's now standard on the 2016?

Another totally subjective question concerns the new "Design package", I don't how I feel about it, in some angles AND in some color combos, it looks incredible, but mostly I prefer the original body. I have google the design package and there's little to no info or reviews online, maybe someone here has seen it in person and can chime in

Well, thanks for taking to read my thread, I hope to order my car soon, probably gonna wait to order a 2016, but who knows...

Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelvind07
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, reading feedback and stories about you Jag owners, lusting over your F types . I've read all the reviews and seen countless videos (yes, I even watch the engine revving videos )
I've never owned a Jaguar, but I soon will(yay!), I'm set on a Coupe S, polaris white, pano roof, black tornado wheels, red leather package, etc... the other options are still up in the air.
I wish I could afford the R coupe, but at $230k here in Costa Rica, it's out of the question, but the Coupe S seems more than capable, and (I'm coming over from 600hp+ AMG's, and to be honest, all that power is useless in daily driving...)

I have a few questions for current owners:

Which option packages are a must for an F-type?, still undecided between the 10-12 meridian, brake upgrade (to the red caliper), design, black or carbon package?, vision package, etc...

Is it me or the Pano roof WA$ an option in 2015, but it's now standard on the 2016?

Another totally subjective question concerns the new "Design package", I don't how I feel about it, in some angles AND in some color combos, it looks incredible, but mostly I prefer the original body. I have google the design package and there's little to no info or reviews online, maybe someone here has seen it in person and can chime in

Well, thanks for taking to read my thread, I hope to order my car soon, probably gonna wait to order a 2016, but who knows...
Welcome (Costa Rica has some of the best coffee I've ever had; Doka Estate Coffee).

Everyone's opinion will vary but in this 2015 V6S's opinion my two favorite - must haves - are the Panoramic Roof and Flat-bottom steering wheel (as part of the Performance Package).

IMO.

Good luck no matter what configuration you get; not going to go wrong with any.

Best regards,
RJ52

Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Yes, welcome. You really won't find any consensus here on the have-to-have options, but I agree you can't go wrong with any combination of options or none at all. Opinions will be all over the map, and many here have just about every available option and will tell you they are all worth it. I'm sure they are to them, because it's all about personal preference.

But, for whatever it's worth, I purchased a base car and could not be more happy with it. I did upgrade to nicer wheels and tires later, but that too was about personal preference.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Welcome (Costa Rica has some of the best coffee I've ever had; Doka Estate Coffee).

Everyone's opinion will vary but in this 2015 V6S's opinion my two favorite - must haves - are the Panoramic Roof and Flat-bottom steering wheel (as part of the Performance Package).

IMO.

Good luck no matter what configuration you get; not going to go wrong with any.

Best regards,
RJ52
Yes we do, Ricky! (I'd trade you all of our coffee for some of your awesome roads!).

Really enjoyed your F-type story, read the whole thing, I'm stuck trying to sell one of my AMG's, but as soon as they are gone, it's F-Type time!, I hope the dealer gives me a good deal (since there's only one :-/... ), either way, I'm in no rush, I'm very excited that many of the best options on the 2015 model, will probably come standard in 2016!

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, welcome. You really won't find any consensus here on the have-to-have options, but I agree you can't go wrong with any combination of options or none at all. Opinions will be all over the map, and many here have just about every available option and will tell you they are all worth it. I'm sure they are to them, because it's all about personal preference.

But, for whatever it's worth, I purchased a base car and could not be more happy with it. I did upgrade to nicer wheels and tires later, but that too was about personal preference.
I hear you, you're absolutely right, consensus is near impossible in these forums, but it's hard not to ask ... on the same breath, feedback is always good, I've only seen two F-types in the flesh, and they were all black and black and silver , I don't understand why, if you are THE ONLY dealer in the country (and a very small one), and an incredibly beautiful and exotic product just so happens to fall in your lap, a thing of beauty that's just pure automotive lust, and you're mandated by factory to import a couple of these works of art as part of what I suppose is their global brand strategy, you (the little dealer) decide to order both products in the most boring and dull color combos available!? Black/black and Silver/black, REALLY??!!

They could have given this task to my 6year old and he would have sure picked the most vibrant and exciting color combos for these "R8 race cars" (don't judge him, he's six and to him all exotics are Audis, or R8s, or AudiR8's... he thinks Audi only makes R8's, lol)

Funny story: he's been asking me to buy an R8 for a long time, so I can take him to and from school everyday, finally one day, bingo!, one showed up for sale, a 2014 V10, the car just so happened to be the property of his favorite footballer, so to make a long story short, he got his mind blown... literally! ), he didn't understand why we couldn't take the car home, since we're best buds with his hero, "Let's just take it, dad!"

Last edited by Kelvind07; 12-07-2014 at 12:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

And there's nothing dull or boring with any Jaguar F-Type in any configuration and/or in any color combination in my opinion. I've said quite a few times here, give me practically any color (combination) of an F-Type and I'd be thrilled.

Good luck in your (and your sons) quest, and thanks for reading and happy you enjoyed my story.

Best regards,
RJ52

P.S. Send coffee! Lots and lots of coffee.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-07-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

BTW, I believe the "premium" Meridian was made std on all F-Types for 2016.