Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Gen F-Type Misdirection

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by superwuhan33
The one in San Jose. A few members also mentioned it in that oil overfilled thread.
Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Ah. Cole European. Thanks.
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but Cole European is in Walnut Creek. The one in San Jose is Jaguar Stevens Creek. There's also a dealer in Livermore, but I have no experience with them other than a showroom visit when I was still shopping around.

I bought at Cole and continue to go there for service. They treat me well and provide courtesy cars when I request them in advance. I haven't tried to get one without notice.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's right. I believe competition is a big factor.

I may be daydreaming... but if the I-Pace sales really takes off, and more people want to build Jaguar dealerships, maybe we could see more in the future.

I have heard nice things about Cole European several times on this forum
Several dealerships including Cole, Livermore, and San Francisco are all 1+ hour drive away on a typical work day. The worst part is heading back to the dealer in the afternoon.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Does anyone believe Elon-the-Terrible didn't know he couldn't make payroll without firing 10% of his work force when he recently tweeted...
​​​​​​
"Nothing stopping Tesla team at our car plant from voting union. Could do so tmrw if they wanted. But why pay union dues & give up stock options for nothing?"

What an evil criminal, that tweet should open his personal assets to class action. Not to mention his teweeted lie about having funding in place to take the company private to illegally dodge the most intense short selling in stock market history.

Blood in the water. EVs failed dispite hundreds of billions in lost tax payers' money. Well, that mountain range of cash wasn't entirely lost, Musk paid it to himself.

Jag, time to wake up.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMLIGHTA
Jag service has a lot to be desired, as does every make. I called JLR of Austin this morning and they have service appts this week.
HAHAH Not a chance in hell. They'll take your car and it will sit there for weeks before they touch it. Ask me how I know.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but Cole European is in Walnut Creek. The one in San Jose is Jaguar Stevens Creek. There's also a dealer in Livermore, but I have no experience with them other than a showroom visit when I was still shopping around.

I bought at Cole and continue to go there for service. They treat me well and provide courtesy cars when I request them in advance. I haven't tried to get one without notice.
Yes, you're definitely correct. My mistake.

Jaguar in Livermore seems from the few times I've been there.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Does anyone believe Elon-the-Terrible didn't know he couldn't make payroll without firing 10% of his work force when he recently tweeted...
​​​​​​
"Nothing stopping Tesla team at our car plant from voting union. Could do so tmrw if they wanted. But why pay union dues & give up stock options for nothing?"

What an evil criminal, that tweet should open his personal assets to class action. Not to mention his teweeted lie about having funding in place to take the company private to illegally dodge the most intense short selling in stock market history.

Blood in the water. EVs failed dispite hundreds of billions in lost tax payers' money. Well, that mountain range of cash wasn't entirely lost, Musk paid it to himself.

Jag, time to wake up.
I finally got why you are so sandy about EVs. You lost your shirt shorting Tesla. HAHAHA.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SinF
I finally got why you are so sandy about EVs. You lost your shirt shorting Tesla. HAHAHA.
That would make sense. I too sense a wrath around EV's that stems more from more than having an opinion on them.

If I might ask -- what is your occupation, OP? Do you work an a traditional financial institution?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Banned

If I might ask -- what is your occupation, OP? Do you work an a traditional financial institution?
No, but I do think Tesla's death is unfortunate for taxpayers. Musk should stand trial for stealing $100 billion in self-compensation that should go to his fired employees, or better, refunded to US taxpayers.

It should be a lesson that EV's don't have anything resembling a viable business case, but the new management at Jag and others are too blinded by virtue signaling.

It's particularly annoying in this case, since the F-Type demographic bought their loud, fast cars largely to show the middle finger to the control freaks who were taught by the internet that CO2 isn't green. An EV F-Type would be a bigger miss than a BMW Z4 Supra. A lot bigger.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-21-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

No, but I do think Tesla's death is unfortunate for taxpayers. Musk should stand trial for stealing $100 billion in self-compensation that should go to his fired employees, or better, refunded to US taxpayers.

It should be a lesson that EV's don't have anything resembling a viable business case, but the new management at Jag and others are too blinded by virtue signaling.

It's particularly annoying in this case, since the F-Type demographic bought their loud, fast cars largely to show the middle finger to the control freaks who were taught by the internet that CO2 isn't green. An EV F-Type would be a bigger miss than a BMW Z4 Supra. A lot bigger.
Listen man, in the era that we live in where tax payer are having to pay for a lot of things we never bargained for, HINT, I think going after Elon Musk is the stupidest and last thing we as tax payers should be concerned with.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

Listen man, in the era that we live in where tax payer are having to pay for a lot of things we never bargained for, HINT, I think going after Elon Musk is the stupidest and last thing we as tax payers should be concerned with.
This thread is about the concern Jaguar wants to turn the glorious F-Type into a mindless virtue signaling EV, so they end up as dead as the many-billion dollar taxpayer ripoff we loosely refer to as Tesla. At least until their next $billion in S&P junk-rated unconvertible bonds come due in March.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is another "misdirection" for a really old school muscle car.
Somewhat similar to F-Type's situation?
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/21/...e-electrified/

While I like V8, and I will miss them in the future. I still believe electrification is general a good thing that is happening to almost every car.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:55 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,482 Likes on 1,122 Posts

My F-Type is already electrifying!

Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

JMLIGHTA - there is no more of a business case for big engined IC sports cars than there is for EV’s. Manufacturers realized that a long time ago. If your business model is enthusiast sports cars you aren’t going to be making any money. Jag focusing on drivers sports cars would lead them down a path of short demise l.

I am guessing you are from the older generation. The younger generation and particularly kids of driving age simply aren’t interested in cars or driving let alone sports cars. Your mindset is a relic of the past.

The future is ride sharing / transport as a service, commoditized appliances - whatever it is that is providing the propulsion. You might not like it but you can’t change it.

Last edited by ek993; 01-21-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by ek993
JMLIGHTA - there is no more of a business case for big engines IC sports cars than there is for EV’s. Manufacturers realized that a long time ago. If your business model is enthusiast sports cars you aren’t going to be making any money. Jag focusing on drovers sports cars would lead them down a path of short demise l.

I am guessing you are from the older generation. The younger generation and particularly kids of driving age simply aren’t interested in cars or driving let alone sports cars. Your mindset is a relic of the past.

The future is ride sharing / transport as a service, commoditized appliances - whatever it is that is providing the propulsion. You might not like it but you can’t change it.
Agreed.
My 23 YO son and 20 YO daughter have absolutely no interest in cars and they think my F-Type is symptomatic of a mid-life crisis.
My son got his driver's licence and a car pretty much as soon as he could, but my daughter has no real interest in getting her licence and she is happy to use public transport and Dad's taxi service for many years yet.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

While I like V8, and I will miss them in the future. I still believe electrification is general a good thing that is happening to almost every car.
But it makes sense. If your goal is to drive a 1/4 mile in the shortest period of time, an EV Charger will have just enough juice to get you there.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Agreed.
My 23 YO son and 20 YO daughter have absolutely no interest in cars and they think my F-Type is symptomatic of a mid-life crisis.
My son got his driver's licence and a car pretty much as soon as he could, but my daughter has no real interest in getting her licence and she is happy to use public transport and Dad's taxi service for many years yet.
Same. Two kids of driving age here and neither has any interest in getting a license. Uber is cheaper and easier. Neither has so much as looked up from their phones to notice the physical word we've been driving through. They don't know the way home from the grocery store. They don't understand basic rules of the road. What's a double yellow line mean? Which side of the parking exit lot do I drive through as I exit onto the road? Its like they landed in an alien spacecraft last week. I took it for granted they were paying attention over the last 16 years, like we watched dad drive out of pure boredom. They weren't.

It's not just the auto industry thats done. It's mankind.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

But it makes sense. If your goal is to drive a 1/4 mile in the shortest period of time, an EV Charger will have just enough juice to get you there.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Agreed.
Haha, my elder daughter was happy as long as it had a Mazda badge. My younger one is more like me, she started with a MiTo which looked great and drove OK but was a **** build, we got a Mazda2 "GT" sedan (lol!) which actually is very nice inside and quite good to drive, we have whacked on black aftermarket wheels and some wrap to bits and now a spoiler is about to go on, she is talking about skirts as well and an aftermarket exhaust hahahahaha.

I've heard that Musk has a big old feller on him, it must be true because I've never seen so much hatred and sniping when people talk about him.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

It's not just the auto industry thats done. It's mankind.
I personally wouldn’t mind the demise of the automobile, however...

Old 01-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Unhingd
​​​​​​Ha... ... and as long as you don't mind charging your car before every stoplight, and throwing away your $100,000 car every 5-10 years...

There's a good reason Tesla will not allow the release of their maintainance records. EV buyers are so f'd.

Last edited by JIMLIGHTA; 01-21-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Next Gen F-Type Misdirection