F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Accessory Power

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Accessory Power

Scratching my head on this one. 2016, F-Type, convertible, 3.0, 6MT. Bought as a repairable, ran and drove when pulling into shop. Front end damage. Disassembled a good portion for repair. Areas disassembled are front end, interior, and door panels. Disconnected battery early on in disassembly. Reprogrammed SRS module and replaced steering wheel air bag. Reconnected battery to test since originally disassembled (when ran a drove). Once reconnected, No accessory power or lights on dash. Radio and trunk light work, but nothing else. Doors wont lock and everything seems to be non reactive. Battery fully charged, new battery in FOB. Tested fuse bus in trunk, all 12V) and checked most the larger fuses. Nothing found but feel it's gotta be a fuse or something shorted during work. Throwing out to the group as everyone has also been great with ideas or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-22-2023, 09:06 AM

Bump... Looking for any ideas on what open circuit would directly affect key accessory. As stated, trunk light works (but no other lights hooked up to test), radio works when hitting radio power button, but FOB unresponsive, nothing from start button and no dash or gauge lights.

I know, not an easy one to give suggestions on, but open to any ideas.

Thanks!

Old 12-22-2023, 11:01 AM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

I have less than ZERO experience with this subject, but I read somewhere from one of the UK forums that they found out that nearly any small "replaceable" component throughout the electrical network, even a thing as simple as a replace lamp, that is NOT equal to the amp/voltage of the factory part you replaced,... will cause the car's electrical system to "rob" two or three other devices, in order to allow that replaced component to work. For example, someone opted to put a blue-er tint side lamp in the car's headlight cluster, only to find that suddenly the interior door panel lighting is no longer functioning.

Can't remember the specifics, but I THINK is was only resolved by putting back the same spec lamps in the headlights, and all faulting lights suddenly came back on. Not a blown fuse, not a wire problem, but for a novice like me it was weird to read.

Is it possible that the previous owner (or the agent who sold it to you), tried repairing it somewhat himself first, and unknowingly installed a lamp or electrical component somewhere, that IS NOT electrically equal to the factory spec that was in there before it?
That's a question for people who know a little something about this stuff. LOL, not us.

Old 12-22-2023, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by NewLester de Rocin
I have less than ZERO experience with this subject, but I read somewhere from one of the UK forums that they found out that nearly any small "replaceable" component throughout the electrical network, even a thing as simple as a replace lamp, that is NOT equal to the amp/voltage of the factory part you replaced,... will cause the car's electrical system to "rob" two or three other devices, in order to allow that replaced component to work. For example, someone opted to put a blue-er tint side lamp in the car's headlight cluster, only to find that suddenly the interior door panel lighting is no longer functioning.

Can't remember the specifics, but I THINK is was only resolved by putting back the same spec lamps in the headlights, and all faulting lights suddenly came back on. Not a blown fuse, not a wire problem, but for a novice like me it was weird to read.

Is it possible that the previous owner (or the agent who sold it to you), tried repairing it somewhat himself first, and unknowingly installed a lamp or electrical component somewhere, that IS NOT electrically equal to the factory spec that was in there before it?
That's a question for people who know a little something about this stuff. LOL, not us.
Thanks for the response, and good info. This vehicle did run and drive prior to disassembly and was purchased in original state, meaning no work done prior to me. Starting to think I might have missed something during reassembly of steering wheel and airbag module, but typically I am very good about triple checking everything so not quite sure.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:28 AM

Problem fixed for those interested .. Seats needed to be installed to close the CAN circuit. Sharing in hopes it's helpful.

The following 6 users liked this post by Deogee:
Carbuff2 (12-24-2023), Dillweed (12-24-2023), DJS (12-24-2023), Gearhead01 (12-24-2023), scm (12-24-2023), Tracy Rominger (01-02-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)