Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019 | 07:58 PM
|
Veteran Member

I love the drone shot!

Thanks to everyone who came out. Let's keep this going!

The following users liked this post:
Greggbhill (04-07-2019)
Old 04-06-2019 | 08:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zmoothg

Thanks for helping me understand just how completely I am balding. Until the auto follow drones come pre-packaged in a compartment within the Jaguar, I'm going to suggest you keep doing this brilliant work. I have to admit, I rarely get impressed or jealous of cars, but the amount of mods and things that you've given attention on your vehicle is absolutely awe inspiring. Very impressed and I'm probably going to start bothering you incessantly.

Eeeeek.... Thank you. My wife and I don't do much, and this was one of the things that we've enjoyed more than anything in recent memory. It's exciting to get a disparate group of people together, especially under the pretense of liking a single automotive vehicle. The fact is, the nuances on all our different cars speak volumes about the diversity of the Jaguar F-Type fanbase.

Also, if Greg could link the person who made the glass windscreen, and eek could link the phone holder 3D printing robot gripper badass wireless charging thing, that would be super duper.

Zsmooth yo... Link all the links. Lol. Amazing mods!

Old 04-06-2019 | 08:54 PM
Veteran Member

Great looking group and happy you all could enjoy the day. Looks great!

Old 04-06-2019 | 08:58 PM

Wow, thanks so much for the photos! Looks like it was a great event! (Wa. ) Sorry I had to bail. Picture (or photoshop ) a dark sapphire couple in there somewhere.
Thanks again eeeek for setting it up.

Old 04-06-2019 | 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits

Also, if Greg could link the person who made the glass windscreen, !
i took the plexiglass one I got from eBay to a local glass shop and asked them to make a piece exactly like plexiglass (traced shape and same thickness) from glass and have it tempered. Cost around $120. You should be able to take the mesh one to a local glass shop and have them trace it and measure thickness.

Also see these posts:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...6/#post1759349

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-noise-179079/ See #16

Last edited by Greggbhill; 04-07-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2019 | 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I love the drone shot!

Thanks to everyone who came out. Let's keep this going!

Nice shot of my car... now I know why you were driving so funny

Old 04-07-2019 | 03:26 AM

Extremely disappointed that I couldn’t make the event. Seems like everyone had a great time. Pics look awesome! I was waiting patiently all day today for my new F-TYPE 400 Sport to get delivered after trading in my base F-TYPE that was a few years old. Either way I now have the car in hand and hope to make it out to a future event. Cheers!

Old 04-07-2019 | 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, Vik, for setting this up. 11 F-Types. Six convertibles and five coupes. I think most were V8s. I didn't do a transmission count but know at least three manuals were present.

There's no question which was the loudest. By far.

Uncle Fishbits (04-08-2019)
Old 04-07-2019 | 11:30 AM

Thanks to Vic! It was super fun and the venue was great too!

Old 04-07-2019 | 12:02 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu Sethu
Extremely disappointed that I couldn’t make the event. Seems like everyone had a great time. Pics look awesome! I was waiting patiently all day today for my new F-TYPE 400 Sport to get delivered after trading in my base F-TYPE that was a few years old. Either way I now have the car in hand and hope to make it out to a future event. Cheers!
Bummer timing. We all would have liked to get a look at that in person!

Old 04-07-2019 | 12:23 PM
|
Veteran Member

OK, I'm horrible at names. From memory, here's who was there (If I get the color wrong, cut me some slack. I'm colorblind):

Vik/eeeeek - Black R Coupe
Gregg/greggbhill - bronzish?) R Vert
Doc/16fnrbrg - BRG R Vert
Steve/lizzardo - Grey S Coupe MT
Dave/RealDaveAlva - Red R Coupe
Michael/Uncle Fishbits - BRG Vert MT
Gregg/GreggM = BRG Vert MT
Michael1946 - White S Vert

And now I start forgetting names.

Jameel/zmoothg - Black/Red Stripe R (w/SVR flair) beast
Stephen/Gas Cat - Silver Coupe MT(with stunning interior...white? Again, see colorblind)
Sonoman - Grey S coupe w/Mina touches

I should have done nametags or something. Or little name plaques for the cars. Thing to know for next time. Look for my new thread about a travelling quarterly meet!

Last edited by eeeeek; 04-07-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2019 | 12:32 PM
|
Veteran Member

It just dawned on me that after we got to VotM, the rain stopped and it was stunning the rest of the day!

Old 04-07-2019 | 12:35 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
Nice shot of my car... now I know why you were driving so funny
The funny thing is I'm not a selfie guy. I actually usually forget to take pictures entirely. I was just driving with lizzardo in front and you behind and I wanted to quickly capture the moment. It was a total DB move.

Old 04-07-2019 | 12:41 PM
|
Veteran Member

The mighty Glory Hole.

Last edited by eeeeek; 04-07-2019 at 03:10 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by eeeeek:
GreggM (04-07-2019), Michael1946 (04-07-2019), Sonoman (04-07-2019), Uncle Fishbits (04-09-2019)
Old 04-07-2019 | 01:36 PM

I'm Jameel. Real name.
Red striped infamous f-type

Uncle Fishbits (04-09-2019)
Old 04-07-2019 | 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Thanks for helping me understand just how completely I am balding. Until the auto follow drones come pre-packaged in a compartment within the Jaguar, I'm going to suggest you keep doing this brilliant work. I have to admit, I rarely get impressed or jealous of cars, but the amount of mods and things that you've given attention on your vehicle is absolutely awe inspiring. Very impressed and I'm probably going to start bothering you incessantly.

Eeeeek.... Thank you. My wife and I don't do much, and this was one of the things that we've enjoyed more than anything in recent memory. It's exciting to get a disparate group of people together, especially under the pretense of liking a single automotive vehicle. The fact is, the nuances on all our different cars speak volumes about the diversity of the Jaguar F-Type fanbase.

Also, if Greg could link the person who made the glass windscreen, and eek could link the phone holder 3D printing robot gripper badass wireless charging thing, that would be super duper.

Zsmooth yo... Link all the links. Lol. Amazing mods!
Thanks for all the nice compliments on the car. I'm throw together a quick thread that list all my mods. They are still scattered in random pages throughout the forum. I'll consolidate them.

Old 04-07-2019 | 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
It just dawned on me that after we got to VotM, the rain stopped and it was stunning the rest of the day!
I didn't get any real rain at any time. A few sprinkles on the way there was it. Got a minor bug collection though. Nothing like a spring trip to Thunderhill would gather, but noticeable heading into the sun.

Old 04-07-2019 | 02:41 PM
Thumbs up

Hi this is Stephen aka Gas Cat (a manual cat btw) - It was a fun day yesterday and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. My wife (Mom Cat) stayed home with our sick little one but he is now recovered and she gives a big thumbs up on the reserve chardonnay I brought home. I hope we can make this a recurring thing. Below is a link to the photos I took:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9t5708pgs...9431dYmUa?dl=0

GreggM (04-07-2019)
Old 04-08-2019 | 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Vishnu Sethu;2051585]Extremely disappointed that I couldn’t make the event. Seems like everyone had a great time. Pics look awesome! I was waiting patiently all day today for my new F-TYPE 400 Sport to get delivered after trading in my base F-TYPE that was a few years old. Either way I now have the car in hand and hope to make it out to a future event. Cheers!
/QUOTE]

Vik "broke the seal" and now we'll do this way more often.
Also, assuming this sport is a 2019, be prepared to lose your mind over the infotainment upgrades.

Also, maybe it's for another thread, but I really think we need to explore whether we can take out the old system and update the vehicles with the new one.

Here's my pics. Sorry, but met some friends and there's a few unrelated pics from later in the day.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LRW24yjwjyNVQS4D6

Obviously the drone / pro shots are going to be more interesting / better. I did get some shots of mild differences, like 3 or 4 types of rocker panels.
I didn't get Eeek's phone holder, but I think he reposted it. It's like a batman gadget that is functional and worthwhile. Really excited.

Also, note Greg's clear glass wind deflector. So lovely and helps with visibility!

Lastly... It's Lauren and Michael Hraba. You can cyberstalk me all you want. Hotels we manage, for when any of you ever need a decent rate in SF, Silicon Valley, Napa, or Oregon Wine Country: http://waterfordhi.com

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 04-08-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2019 | 01:33 PM

Yah the infotainment is miles better than the old one. it's a 2018 though so it doesn't have the 10 inch screen like the 2019s do but the software is the same minus apple carplay and android auto. Also the backup camera is super high res compared to the old one. I wouldn't mind being able to install the 10 inch screen version if it was an option.

Quick Reply: NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon