Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Happy with Clutch Feel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
You've been a trailblazer on this platform, keep it up!
Have you considered a light weight flywheel (not sure if anyone makes it for this car)? In my experience most people do not end up liking it, be it because of the chatter or starting off the line. I've always loved them, to me it makes car more direct and enjoyable/easier to drive fast, ripping through the gears and downshifting becomes easier to do as well. But I do understand that this is a luxury car and most people would probably not go that route. I think you might like it though...
Yes, before Jag rose to the occasion with and upgraded clutch kit and flywheel to resolve the slippage, I was about ready to pull the trigger with Spec Clutch (Spec Clutches - Spec Clutch Kits and Flywheels)to build a custom clutch kit and lightened flywheel to replace the dual-mass flywheel. PM me if you want a contact there.

Since Jag resolved the problem for me for free, I chose not to proceed with the Spec work. At this point, with the pulley/tune on my car, the torque is now at the extreme limit of the tranny's maximum torque, and the dual-mass flywheel offers a measure of protection against sudden failure. So, until the clutch wears out "off-warranty", I won't be going to a lightened flywheel.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes, before Jag rose to the occasion with and upgraded clutch kit and flywheel to resolve the slippage, I was about ready to pull the trigger with Spec Clutch (Spec Clutches - Spec Clutch Kits and Flywheels)to build a custom clutch kit and lightened flywheel to replace the dual-mass flywheel. PM me if you want a contact there.

Since Jag resolved the problem for me for free, I chose not to proceed with the Spec work. At this point, with the pulley/tune on my car, the torque is now at the extreme limit of the tranny's maximum torque, and the dual-mass flywheel offers a measure of protection against sudden failure. So, until the clutch wears out "off-warranty", I won't be going to a lightened flywheel.