Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Nov 18-23) Jaguar product launches at the LA

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts
Default (Nov 18-23) Jaguar product launches at the LA

A few product announcements at the upcoming for the LA show on Nov 18-23: AWD F-Type, Land Rover Discover Sport, and a "breakthrough new in-car technology".

We know about the AWD F-Type announcement, but does anyone know what the new in-car technology is???

__________________________________________________ _____________
source: Jaguar And Land Rover To Debut New Models And Technology Advancements At 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Jaguar And Land Rover To Debut New Models And Technology Advancements At 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show

Land Rover Discovery Sport to make its U.S. debut
Land Rover Experience L.A. to feature an urban all-terrain vehicle demonstration course in the center of West Hollywood, November 18-23
Global debut of the Jaguar 2016 model year F-TYPE with new technologies including Instinctive All Wheel Drive®
Jaguar Land Rover to announce breakthrough new in-car technology at the Connected Car Expo, November 18

(MAHWAH, N.J.) - November 6, 2014 - Amidst a global wave of product transformation and growth, Jaguar Land Rover will debut multiple new models and technology advancements at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show.
Making its global debut will be an exciting new variant for the F-TYPE lineup, the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE All Wheel Drive®*, as well as the long awaited North American debut of Land Rover's premium compact SUV, the Discovery Sport. In addition, Jaguar Land Rover will announce an exciting new in-car technology at the Connected Car Expo.
To celebrate the U.S. debut of the Discovery Sport, West Hollywood will get its first Land Rover Experience center, complete with urban off-roading, from November 18-23. An opening night consumer and media reception will be held on the evening of November 18. The all new versatile premium compact SUV incorporates a dynamic design with a compact footprint and provides optional seven-passenger seating in a "5+2" configuration. The 2015 Discovery Sport, making its North American debut at the show, will deliver a highly refined combination of performance, safety and efficiency, thanks to a body shell of high-strength steel and lightweight aluminum, a 240hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, nine-speed automatic transmission and standard all wheel drive.
The introduction of F-TYPE All Wheel Drive® will improve traction and confidence and will include Intelligent Driveline Dynamics*. This high performance variant increases engagement for the driving enthusiast and expands the award winning F-TYPE sports car to a full lineup.
At this year's show, Jaguar Land Rover will announce an exciting new technology announcement for their in car infotainment system at the official technology focused press conference held at the Connected Car Expo.
The Connected Car Expo press conference will take place on Tuesday, November 18, at 11:20am PST at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The Los Angeles Auto Show press days will take place on Wednesday, November 19 and Thursday, November 20.
*These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner's manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
# # #
About Jaguar Land Rover
• The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
• Jaguar Land Rover employs 25,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA
• Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outletsin the USA
Jaguar And Land Rover To Debut New Models And Technology Advancements At 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show

Last edited by schraderade; 11-07-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know what the new infotainment deal is - maybe "Meridian debuts next-gen ZeroRattle(tm) audio technology!"

I've read they're supposed to announce a 14-car F-TYPE line-up for the new model year. If you add AWD for the coupe and convertible to the current 3 engines for each, that makes 12. So what are the other two? Does the manual transmission constitute a new model? Or are they going to sell 4-cylinder versions? Or what?

Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

>> At this year's show, Jaguar Land Rover will announce an exciting new technology announcement for their in car infotainment system at the official technology focused press conference held at the Connected Car Expo.

Really hoping that this makes its way into the F Type. Based on the comments here and in reviews, it sounds like it's needed.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
>> At this year's show, Jaguar Land Rover will announce an exciting new technology announcement for their in car infotainment system at the official technology focused press conference held at the Connected Car Expo.

Really hoping that this makes its way into the F Type. Based on the comments here and in reviews, it sounds like it's needed.
This would get me more excited than AWD. The current system is horrible. Ancient, slow. The font and icons are from 1980s. I activated SiriusXM the other day...the interface for browsing channels is so bad I don't want to use it. Many of us here overlook this for style, sound, performance. But for some buyers (non-enthusiasts) I think this might push them toward Porsche/MB/BMW.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:06 AM

Living in Toronto, AWD would be welcome. And the updated entertainment system would be an asset rather than the current liability it is.

Hopes this all comes together for MY2016. Timing seems right.

Does Jaguar do a short plant shutdown in the summer like BMW does to switch over to the new model year?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

A longer plant shut down generally only happens when shifting production to a new generation, which requires significant tooling changes. The changes announced to '16 models aren't nearly as significant as the differences in equipage between the current base, S, and R models coupled with all the option packages available. All of these cars are built on the same line.

Some plants just shut down for a week or two to accommodate summer vacations for employees.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh

Some plants just shut down for a week or two to accommodate summer vacations for employees.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. So, does anyone know when that it is? I'd be ordering after that for a MY2016. Sometime in August?

Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. So, does anyone know when that it is? I'd be ordering after that for a MY2016. Sometime in August?
Don't know, but the '15's started showing up at my dealer in July/August this year, which is one reason that I received a substantial discount on my '14 in late June.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

This year's shut down was late August.

The following users liked this post:
DuhCar (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

I'm guessing the infotainment announcement it might be something like Apple CarPlay.

As others have pointed out on this forum before, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Jaguar to do infotainment in house.

The following users liked this post:
DuhCar (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

The upcoming XE has quite a big step up in infotainment from the F-Type.
I really miss the heads up display in my BMW so it's really nice to see that it's going to be offered in the XE. I wonder if it'll make its way over to the F Type too.

Here's a nice overview of the infotainment in the upcoming XE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vmqx8dMlmQ

The following 2 users liked this post by schraderade:
enderle (11-08-2014), spindoc (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 581 Likes on 340 Posts

It's not even HUD or other "advanced" features. Just the UX/fonts/interaction of the current infotainment system is really in-excusable (is that a word?). A $10K Scion has a better radio system!