Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Having returned from breakfast at Blueberries with Liz a few hours ago, only to return home to an e-mail saying one of our dear friends and an amazing man died yesterday while bicycling - at 68 but extremely fit - your quote (a continuation of mine for those unaware) surely rings true.
my condolences. You can never have a surplus of good friends.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
my condolences. You can never have a surplus of good friends.
Thank you U, this guy was beloved and admired by all and a real class act. A lawyer's lawyer. Not long after I got my F-Type, he and his wife - also a friend - saw me exiting the garage as they were walking to their car, and she excitedly said, "are you shitting me?"

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-29-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

IMHO, the NSX is car you have to test drive before you can form an opinion., my feeling is that it is a very lifeless experience. That is confirmed by almost all the test drive videos I watched. Fast - of course but without any sensation. A 911 turbo to me is very clinical except for the turbo push. For 98% of the time it is a very boring drive.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
IMHO, the NSX is car you have to test drive before you can form an opinion., my feeling is that it is a very lifeless experience. That is confirmed by almost all the test drive videos I watched. Fast - of course but without any sensation. A 911 turbo to me is very clinical except for the turbo push. For 98% of the time it is a very boring drive.
Unfortunately, the car is so rare and in such high demand, virtually no Acura dealer in the country has one in their showroom, let alone available for a test drive. My local dealer said that if you want to test drive it, you have to order one by putting down a $5K non-refundable deposit.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by psb1013
Unfortunately, the car is so rare and in such high demand, virtually no Acura dealer in the country has one in their showroom, let alone available for a test drive. My local dealer said that if you want to test drive it, you have to order one by putting down a $5K non-refundable deposit.
A conundrum to be sure but I'd never buy any car without test driving it. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a non-refundable deposit. Aren't there laws against that? Maybe it's State to State?

Bottom line - and I don't care if all the "reviews" were positive, or negative for that matter - the only opinion which matters is yours. After driving it.

Good luck!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:29 PM

A conundrum to be sure but I'd never buy any car without test driving it. Come to think of it, I've never heard of a non-refundable deposit. Aren't there laws against that? Maybe it's State to State?
Actually, I know quite a few dealers who do this on rare, high-demand vehicles. I know someone who actually had to put down a $1K non-refundable deposit when he ordered a Mustang GT350R. I think some dealers do this to discourage buyers who are not really serious about purchasing it or those who don't really have the means.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:58 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Non refundable deposits illegal in CA. Don't know about other states.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:04 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
Side note, didn't we (this forum) best assume that about 430 (ish) F-Type R coupes were made in 2015, worldwide?
The number was closer to 1000 and that was just US and Canada. I'd have to try and find the source again.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
The number was closer to 1000 and that was just US and Canada. I'd have to try and find the source again.
. . . and they are still offered in many countries, or at least they were for MY 2016.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

To be CLEAR the NSX is NOT a rare car ... that is laughable ... it is new but there will be tens of thousands produced ... it will be as "rare" as a Mustang GT350R if you pay a premium in the first year you are a suckaaaaa .... you will never recuperate ....

Old 06-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Having returned from breakfast at Blueberries with Liz a few hours ago, only to return home to an e-mail saying one of our dear friends and an amazing man died yesterday while bicycling - at 68 but extremely fit - your quote (a continuation of mine for those unaware) surely rings true.
So Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Friendship is something taken seriously, and losing the friend is sad at best!

Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
So Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Friendship is something taken seriously, and losing the friend is sad at best!
Thank you Joe. I really don't want to high-jack this thread more than I have already, but this loss has not only hit me very hard - and a stark reminder about all our mortality - but the entire legal community here. He was, as I've already mentioned, a lawyers lawyer but a true gentleman - and a gentle man - in every sense of the word. A testament to that is his memorial is being held where they usually have concerts, recitals, operas, and what-have-you...that's how many people they are expecting and he touched in some manner, both professionally and personally.

Back to the OP and the NSX!

Old 06-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

To be CLEAR the NSX is NOT a rare car ... that is laughable ... it is new but there will be tens of thousands produced ... it will be as "rare" as a Mustang GT350R if you pay a premium in the first year you are a suckaaaaa .... you will never recuperate ....
I agree (certainly about paying any premium) although tens of thousands? I doubt it. Not sure how many older NSX's sold but it wasn't very many if my memory serves me correctly*.

In any event, here's an interesting piece:

Watch the 2017 Acura NSX being built | Autoweek

*I just checked and the first generation NSX sold more than 18,000 units, world-wide, in 15 years.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 06-01-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Yeah it will probably be one of those vehicles where they will make as many as they can sell. The market will dictate the amount vs Acura putting in limits.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Acura plans to produce only 800 NSX's per year in the US. So by that definition, yes, it'll be a relatively rare car seen on the road.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Yeah it will probably be one of those vehicles where they will make as many as they can sell. The market will dictate the amount vs Acura putting in limits.
Unless the vehicle is unprofitable to produce.

If the vehicle is a brand building exercise done at a loss,
then it is unlikely that the production numbers will be
increased. More production means more loss when it
it is a loss leader.

Someone posted a picture of a BMW Z8 in another
thread. Limited production numbers, beautiful car.
None listed locally on a casual search.

BMW stuck to the original production quotas.